Training animals for sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: does peanut butter count as training? Some people say yes some people say no.

I'm against anything artificial like training for sex. Ughhhh....

You should not use an incentive just condition him to know when and he will just want to make you happy
As I thought... For some reason people say "it's okay" to do such a thing because they're going to do it anyway.

I can't stand food motivated actions especially training for sex

1. Training animals for sex.
2. Preventing animals from requesting sex in awkward moments.

1. Training animals for sex with people:
This question does come up from time to time and people often have different opinions about it.
I am going to present an explanation of what it means to train animals for sex and why it is wrong to train animal to have sex with people.

Training/teaching animals to obey commands is most often used to make an animal perform certain behavior/action at the time you want and regardless of what the animal wants. This can be very useful and sometimes necessary in many situations. Sex is not one of them.

Animals in captivity are routinely taught to let a human inspect their body parts, they can be taught to let someone take a blood sample, brush their teeth, clean their ears, trim their nails... Most of these actions are unpleasant or even painful. If you have ever taught a dog to have their nails trimmed, you know it is not exactly pure pleasure for him/her and it can even be very painful.
These behaviors can be taught using positive reinforcement methods - a tasty treat if it is done right.

The animal withstands the unpleasant part because there will be a reward in the end.

Why is this wrong in sex:
Sex between a human and an animal must be consensual and should ideally be initiated by the animal. When the animal asks for sex first, you have ultimate proof of consent.
If you use treats, peanut butter, commands, or any training methods to make an animal have sex with you or anyone else, you will loose valuable feedback from the animal and you may end up doing something against the animal's will unknowingly or even worse, knowingly.
The animal withstands the (potentially) unpleasant (sex) part because there will be a reward in the end.

You may argue that the sex is the reward and thus this is no different from teaching an animal to have sex on command.
This assumption is incorrect.

If the animal does it on their own and thus has a choice and is allowed to express their opinion (is not doing it on command), the feedback is preserved, the animal is not withstanding it and has a freedom to stop if he/she decides to do so, without any adverse consequences for them.

If it is done on command, it means the animal is taught to perform the behavior until you are satisfied with the result, this may require withstanding discomfort.
While the reward mechanism in the brain may work similarly, if the action is performed on command from a master/owner a failure to complete the action is perceived by the animal as bad or potentially even punishable (by not receiving the reward or even getting a physical punishment) and thus the choice to stop or refuse is taken away from the animal.

2. Preventing animals from requesting sex in awkward moments:
This question also comes up fairly often, so here is how you do it.

People are often going to advice you to use a specific blanket, room or clothes only at the time you want to have sex with your dog.

Here is the problem. The approach of not training animals for sex mentioned above is meant to allow the animal to give consent by allowing the animal to ask for sex. While both you and the animal have the right to refuse.

The blanket approach puts solely you into the position of asking for sex. The animal is not allowed to ask for sex or show any intention to do so outside of the allowed moment when the clothes/blanket come out.

If the animal then has sex with you and you reward that behavior by either treats or verbal praise used for training, you are training the behavior.
If the animal does not want sex when you roll out your blanket, there are people who will be disappointed and keep shoving the blanket into the animal's face until sex finally happens.
It goes something like this:
"I am horny I want sex."
Out goes the blanket.
"Here is the blanket Rex, lets have sex!"
Dog is not in the mood.
"Here is the blanket Rex, lets have sex!!"
Dog lifts up head.
"Here is the blanket Rex, lets have sex!!!"
Dog lifts up his body.
"Good boy Rex, come here to the blanket!"
"Here is your favorite treat."

At this point your dog does not have a choice and does what he does because there is a reward. Sex with the use of a trigger like this becomes a potentially punishable command that is performed when you want and may be simply endured by the animal without the ability to refuse. If the dog refuses, there is no treat and you become agitated which is the punishment.

To prevent your dog from asking for sex in inappropriate moments you should realize a few things:
1. A dog mounting your leg is normal, dogs do that and it is not immediately going to tell everyone you are a zoo. A common person does not make this connection. It is your paranoia and fear that does it for you.
2. You are not breaking your dog by refusing sex. A female dog may refuse a male quite vocally and with jaws snapping and nothing bad happens. Mating can be accepted as well as rejected and it is expected.
3. If your dog comes up with a specific method of asking for sex which often happens, chances are you are the only person who understand that hint. Nobody is going to suspect you from being zoo when your dog places a paw on your thigh.

So to refuse you either:
1. Ignore the request until the dog gives up.
2. Take the dog off you or remove your leg from his grip.
3. Calmly refusing him with a no.

To limit mounting in inappropriate moments, it is much easier to keep your dog sexually satisfied. Jerk him off before you have a visit and jerk him off every other day (if he wants to) and you are going to limit his sexual advances in inappropriate moments to basically nothing. On top of that he will be tired and calmer during your visit. This is much more easily manageable than keeping a dog sexually frustrated for a week and stressing about inappropriate mounting outside of your safe room.

The calming effect of masturbation is very visible and undeniable and used by professional dog handlers before dog shows or work for working dogs. So you can even tell your family or partners that for exactly this reason you are going to learn how to jerk your dog off and do it regularly. Now you do not have to hide your dog's sexual behavior at all.
Thanks a lot for this article, it is very informative :)

This question does come up from time to time and people often have different opinions about it.
I am going to present an explanation of what it means to train animals for sex and why it is wrong to train animal to have sex with people.

Training/teaching animals to obey commands is most often used to make an animal perform certain behavior/action at the time you want and regardless of what the animal wants. This can be very useful and sometimes necessary in many situations. Sex is not one of them.

Animals in captivity are routinely taught to let a human inspect their body parts, they can be taught to let someone take a blood sample, brush their teeth, clean their ears, trim their nails... Most of these actions are unpleasant or even painful. If you have ever taught a dog to have their nails trimmed, you know it is not exactly pure pleasure for him/her and it can even be very painful.
These behaviors can be taught using positive reinforcement methods - a tasty treat if it is done right.

The animal withstands the unpleasant part because there will be a reward in the end.

Sex between a human and an animal must be consensual and should ideally be initiated by the animal. When the animal asks for sex first, you have ultimate proof of consent.
If you use treats, peanut butter, commands, or any training methods to make an animal have sex with you or anyone else, you will loose valuable feedback from the animal and you may end up doing something against the animal's will unknowingly or even worse, knowingly.
The animal withstands the (potentially) unpleasant (sex) part because there will be a reward in the end.

You may argue that the sex is the reward and thus this is no different from teaching an animal to have sex on command.

If the animal does it on their own and thus has a choice and is allowed to express their opinion (is not doing it on command), the feedback is preserved, the animal is not withstanding it and has a freedom to stop if he/she decides to do so, without any adverse consequences for them.

If it is done on command, it means the animal is taught to perform the behavior until you are satisfied with the result, this may require withstanding discomfort.
While the reward mechanism in the brain may work similarly, if the action is performed on command from a master/owner a failure to complete the action is perceived by the animal as bad or potentially even punishable (by not receiving the reward or even getting a physical punishment) and thus the choice to stop or refuse is taken away from the animal.

People are often going to advice you to use a specific blanket, room or clothes only at the time you want to have sex with your dog.

Here is the problem. The approach of not training animals for sex mentioned above is meant to allow the animal to give consent by allowing the animal to ask for sex. While both you and the animal have the right to refuse.

The blanket approach puts solely you into the position of asking for sex. The animal is not allowed to ask for sex or show any intention to do so outside of the allowed moment when the clothes/blanket come out.

If the animal then has sex with you and you reward that behavior by either treats or verbal praise used for training, you are training the behavior.
If the animal does not want sex when you roll out your blanket, there are people who will be disappointed and keep shoving the blanket into the animal's face until sex finally happens.
"I am horny I want sex."
Out goes the blanket.
Dog is not in the mood.
Dog lifts up head.
Dog lifts up his body.

At this point your dog does not have a choice and does what he does because there is a reward. Sex with the use of a trigger like this becomes a potentially punishable command that is performed when you want and may be simply endured by the animal without the ability to refuse. If the dog refuses, there is no treat and you become agitated which is the punishment.

To prevent your dog from asking for sex in inappropriate moments you should realize a few things:
1. A dog mounting your leg is normal, dogs do that and it is not immediately going to tell everyone you are a zoo. A common person does not make this connection. It is your paranoia and fear that does it for you.
2. You are not breaking your dog by refusing sex. A female dog may refuse a male quite vocally and with jaws snapping and nothing bad happens. Mating can be accepted as well as rejected and it is expected.
3. If your dog comes up with a specific method of asking for sex which often happens, chances are you are the only person who understand that hint. Nobody is going to suspect you from being zoo when your dog places a paw on your thigh.

So to refuse you either:

To limit mounting in inappropriate moments, it is much easier to keep your dog sexually satisfied. Jerk him off before you have a visit and jerk him off every other day (if he wants to) and you are going to limit his sexual advances in inappropriate moments to basically nothing. On top of that he will be tired and calmer during your visit. This is much more easily manageable than keeping a dog sexually frustrated for a week and stressing about inappropriate mounting outside of your safe room.

The calming effect of masturbation is very visible and undeniable and used by professional dog handlers before dog shows or work for working dogs. So you can even tell your family or partners that for exactly this reason you are going to learn how to jerk your dog off and do it regularly. Now you do not have to hide your dog's sexual behavior at all.
That helps a lot

I only have experience with one stallion and our first sexual encounter was 100% his decision. He tried mounting me while I was putting his water bucket down. Not an acceptable approach, considering he clocked me in the head real hard with his hoof in the process.

After that it came down to communication and training on both of our parts. I knew he wanted me but I had to teach him how to do it in away that doesn't leave me hurt or dead. He had to teach me what exactly got him off.

Funny, I was rather new to horses and not very good with training or understanding their behavior or body language, hence why I got jumped unaware. Our time together since has made a dramatic difference in my understanding of horses and I have become a much better teacher and partner. I consider it a partnership.

Now we do all kinds of things together. He pulls, he drives, he does tricks like rearing on command. We never had any of that before. Weirdly, through sex I understood him in a way I never did before.

There is more I should add to that.

He is the initiator almost always and if he's not interested its because something else is going on or its winter. He is not horny in the winter and I'm sure that due to how their hormones cycle with the sunlight. In winter, it cycles low.

My girls don't have to be in heat for him to be horny, it just needs to be not winter. He gets hornier and would go multiple times a day if they are in heat and their heats have cycled together.

If other people or activity is around, he is in a completely different mindset. He won't be in the mood. He also knows he can have what he wants almost any time he asks so he not going to pester me when the farrier is doing his feet or there are a bunch of kids petting him in the paddock.

Horses are a lot different that dogs. I can't imagine too many issues with horses asking for sex at inappropriate times, As a prey animal, first and foremost they need to feel safe enough to have sex. Anything other than you around changes that dynamic.

If anyone has questions about horses and training go ahead. I don't know everything because its a constant learning curve. Every animal has a different personality. In fact, I would like to converse with someone more knowledgeable than me because our situation has changed due to a personal injury and I need to find away to adapt that still works for my boy.

That none of the animals you bring onto your property wish to have sex with a human is a possibility, that is life unfortunately.

While having the animal making the first move is obviously preferred. Some species like dogs and horse are more domesticated than others, having been bred for many years as companions animals as well as perform other roles for us. I would take a slightly different approach. What I will call non verbal human requested sex from an animal. So lets talk about 3 species Cattle, Alpacas and dogs. Before we start this is only my opinion and you need to have a basic understanding of the body language of the species involved. And you must respect the feed back you are getting from the animal.

Lets start with the example a male dog: (The direct approach) You gently rub his sheath and he spread his back legs a little and remains standing still or humps slightly. I would class this as a green light that he had no objections. If he put his head down and started licking his lips or pulled his ears right back or pulled his tail down between his legs trying to cover his genitals but remained standing there. This is a amber/yellow light and you really should be stopping because he is putting up with it because your his human and he likes you. If he growls or snaps his jaws or simply walks off this is a red light and he is saying a most defined NO! Note the dog is not restrained in any way so he is able to walk away which is the most polite thing he can do. Growling or snapping at your human should be a last resort and it usually results in punishment, such as a time out or similar so if a dog is force to pull out that card they really don't like the position they were being put in.

Right now lets step up a size class or two, to an animal comparable to human in strength but still able to be restrained with difficulty if things go wrong. From this size animal and up you need to teach them that you both must consent to sex. As if they run up behind you and crash you down it's going to hurt.
So for this example of non verbal human requesting sex from an animal (Be the animal) This time the partner is a male alpaca, you don't really look like or even smell like a female alpaca; so why should he possibly think that you would be good to have sex with. All animals have behavious or smells that are associated with being receptive to sex. In this case he is expecting to see two things: 1) To approach near to him and pee on the ground in front of him. 2) Fold your legs under yourself and sit on the ground close to where you have peed facing away from him and when he starts his courtship song you glance over your shoulder at him briefly without making direct eye contact, to signify you accept him. If you do all these behaviours exactly as he expects to see them (acting as if you were the animal his brain is wired for.) there is a good chance you will be bred. However as I stated earlier you both need to consent because once he has done it once he may suddenly see you as an easy lay whenever he is horny, which can be a problem if your just out checking a water trough in the front paddock next to the road. So you must not put up with pushy behaviour, because sex itself can be a reward just as much as a food treat. So if you want it to happen slowly walk to a more suitable place and perform the correct behaviours for him. DO NOT just drop your pants immediately following pushy behaviour you will be teaching him bad manners that could see you get hurt. If you don't want sex gently but firmly push him away. This does not have to be a physical push either taking a rapid step directly towards a lot of prey animals, is seen as a sign of aggression or dissatisfaction and will often make your point without needing to touch the animal at all.

Now for our final example lets jump up another few size classes to an animal that is far stronger than a human and will not be able to be restrained if something goes wrong and you will be hurt.
For our last example lets make the partner a bull (Be the animal - with in reason). So just like with the alpaca example you can carry out the behaviours the animal is expecting to see such as peeing and bending over slightly presenting your rear and standing firm with you legs spread in front of him. ( DON'T DO THIS! It's just an example of what the bull is expecting to see)

Ok so as before you can give him the come on by walking the walk and talking the talk, but in this size class unless it's a small breed bull, he is just going to squash you into the dirt or put you into hospital. When dealing with larger animals like cattle your safety should be utmost in your mind because if he gets the hints you are giving him and he gets aroused you might be starting something you can't handle. As such the sexual act must match your ability to handle your side of the arrangement. whether that be the weight of a bull or the girth of a stallions penis. at the end of the day don't start something with a big animal that you can't see all the way through safely. not only is it dangerous because you could be hurt and that's not just from the boys either, getting pinned and crushed against a shed wall by a cow who wants more length than your penis has to offer her, can also be a problem. But starting something you don't finish can lead to sexual frustration in the animal which can make them unpredictable. So learn the body language of the animal and listen to what they are telling you. If your not making love in an open paddock by moon light, always give the animal a clear path to escape that doesn't involve going through you, should they not be interested in your attentions. Where possible keep something solid between you and them if your activities involve being behind them. If you have been reading their body language correctly there shouldn't be a problem and they will just stand for you. Letting you handle them in ways that brings them pleasure. Rule one of being around large animals is NEVER get yourself between the animal and a solid object.
I talked a lot about safety in this one and not so much about getting them to make the first move. That is because sex is never worth being hurt or killed for. They are much bigger and stronger than you, so don't forget that if you are going to give the animal the choice to say yes or no and not restraining them you need to plan ahead for both success and failure. A normally quiet animal can become completely different when they get horny. I have a steel rod in my leg because a bull 10x my body weight had too energetic a version of foreplay one evening in the cattle yards.

In all cases a good general relationship with the animal should always come before attempting anything sexual with the animal. Don't force coerce or bribe an animal for sex, if you make the first move listen to what they are telling you and be prepare to stop immediately if they are not interested or show any sort of signs of distress. What works for one species may not work for another so know your lover to ensure they love what you are doing with them.
Wow! Very informative and shows that you have some experience :p

"I am horny I want sex."
Out goes the blanket.
Dog is not in the mood.
Dog lifts up head.
Dog lifts up his body.

So to refuse you either:

Thanks

Reactions: pes
Locked, this thread is not going to be used to spread the opposite message than what it is about by people who did not read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back