Marriage? Cuckoldry? WTF?

You know, if so many people are unhappy with this, why the fuck does society keep pushing it? Diamond rings alone aren't enough to push for that entire industry...
good question!
but it isn't just diamonds, it's the entire wedding industry, hollywood fairy tales, and religion.

While I'm not one to push for "marriage", one issue I do have is that I don't want to end up old and alone. It was already he being young and alone, being old and alone, well... truth be told, I see myself being 100 percent okay with that, but my question here is if I become decrepit and crippled because of old age, who will be there for me? Who will take care of me? Hell, who will even care about me? Maybe I'm just being insecure right now...

I think that is a big motivator as well. And here lately, that's been a big motivator of mine as to why I would (ever so slightly) consider having children. I honestly don't know if I'm sterile, or my wife is, or we are just incompatible, or whatever. And adoption just scares me, some kids turn out to be major problems! But who the hell is going to take care of me and or my wife when we are old? Sadly, it's been one of the reasons I'm considering leaving the marriage, not for my selfish means, but that she shouldn't have to suffer being childless because of me.

Girl, no.
I get that you have prior grievances with Pillar. But in this particular thread you came at him first, telling him that he was never getting married. Now that people are calling you out, you want to play the victim card? That's not how this works.
If anything i shed a tear to the comment of "you will be alone forever" i felt that inside.

You're happy, and that's what counts.

Knot, can I ask, did religion influence those guys to push you to ask for that?

And honestly, I have a very similar view to yours - why not just be FWB, date or have an open relationship instead of the whole "marriage" thing?

And why does society continuously push for serial monogamy? It's... strange. Weird and strange.

While I'm not one to push for "marriage", one issue I do have is that I don't want to end up old and alone. It was already he being young and alone, being old and alone, well... truth be told, I see myself being 100 percent okay with that, but my question here is if I become decrepit and crippled because of old age, who will be there for me? Who will take care of me? Hell, who will even care about me? Maybe I'm just being insecure right now...

Religion really doesn't exist with me. I do read and try to understand the Bible, the values it teaches, but I am doomed to hell if the things in that book are true. I do so much wrong according to that, not only bestiality, but about half of the ten commandments too. Still it intrigues me.

I would say that when I found out that my fiancé had cheated on me it changed my view and trust of men from that point forward. My dad helped put some perspective on my own personal value and to never let anyone dump on me ever again. What happened back then made me much stronger and a lot more independent.

Now-a-days I'm as I say a free spirit and what I decide to do is up to me and I don't care what others think of me or even how they might talk about me. BUT I don't jump into anything either. Most of my decisions are well thought out and sometimes it takes me days or weeks to finally come to a decision. When you do things that way you hardly ever regret your decision. That was something my dad taught my sister and I early on and it has to be one of the keys to a happy life.

If anything i shed a tear to the comment of "you will be alone forever" i felt that inside.
Actually, the "being alone forever" is what I meant to quote. I was just too lazy to scroll up and quote it properly. She started it.

Edit: fixed it.

Religion really doesn't exist with me. I do read and try to understand the Bible, the values it teaches, but I am doomed to hell if the things in that book are true. I do so much wrong according to that, not only bestiality, but about half of the ten commandments too. Still it intrigues me.

I would say that when I found out that my fiancé had cheated on me it changed my view and trust of men from that point forward. My dad helped put some perspective on my own personal value and to never let anyone dump on me ever again. What happened back then made me much stronger and a lot more independent.

Now-a-days I'm as I say a free spirit and what I decide to do is up to me and I don't care what others think of me or even how they might talk about me. BUT I don't jump into anything either. Most of my decisions are well thought out and sometimes it takes me days or weeks to finally come to a decision. When you do things that way you hardly ever regret your decision. That was something my dad taught my sister and I early on and it has to be one of the keys to a happy life.
Trust? I'm not even sure how trust works sometimes... I've found trust can be a gamble sometimes. But maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about?

You get it!! I'm happy you had a great relationship with your dad. I was not as lucky on my end, and of course that kind of formed me into what I am today, with similar viewpoints to yours (your post about marriage and value in general is spot on with my beliefs).

What shattered my idea of marriage being a viable thing is when I lost my virginity to a doctor's wife. She was married to him and still is. Me being biracial/black was a big thing with them, and it introduced me to the "black bull" culture of sex. The big thing I learned from this formative sexual experience is that people in general are never satisfied with the same old things that they have, for extended periods of time. I believe in FWB, polyamory and polygamy wholeheartedly, it's just human nature to want variability within our personal lives. As for me, I'd rather be the hot BBC on the side, than to be married myself and have the potential to lose everything I worked so hard for in my 20's. As a society, I think we are moving towards this way anyways. Women can and should be able to just pick and choose the men they want to be with, have sex with them, kids with them etc. without the binding legal ties. As long as everything is consensual!

I'm not understanding this entirely. Care to explain?
Marriage is useless, you love someone and you don't need to have it written down on paper, but to have a minimal liability regarding the potential children you may have together. Not marrying also means no divorcing. Wanna quit? Just walk out of the door. Explanations will follow a bit below.
However, the premarital contract, or if you prefer, the prenuptial agreement is absolutely necessary in this "Fuck You Over" world. There is no way on Earth that I would ever consider marriage without that agreement even if I was head over heals in love with the guy. I would not chance losing any of my holdings. If either person doesn't have anything of greater than normal value then the prenuptial would be unnecessary. However, if you do have things of greater than normal value then to protect yourself from any loss you would definately need a prenuptial that is not just agreed upon written down and signed, but also has been prepared by a lawyer, signed, notarized, and filed in the county chancellor's office.
May I say "material girl"? Have your stuff and his separate is one thing, but whenever things had to go unplanned, things will by definition go downhill. Those contracts/agreements are just a god given for lawyers and so.

Explanations: I can understand not people gets things fair and square regarding raising kids together, doing their part in a couple, being respectful, accepting someone not being in love anymore, and a contract shall be signed to get them liable for each other. The problem is that under such a contract sleeping with someone other is cuckoldry. Remove the contract and no one is cuckolded. If everyone accept being more "70s" as I said, it is live and let live, sex the girl next door (with a condom) if you two get along, and no jealousy should get involved since its working both way. No one belongs to no one. It's consenting adults with consenting adults.

Hold out for your soul mate.
Only reason to get married.
I waited so long for mine and never settled.
That's why the other marriages fail.
..........Soul mate? Sounds like fairy tale bliss to me. Can you explain exactly what that is, if you have a definition for that outside of a Disney movie?

You get it!! I'm happy you had a great relationship with your dad. I was not as lucky on my end, and of course that kind of formed me into what I am today, with similar viewpoints to yours (your post about marriage and value in general is spot on with my beliefs).

What shattered my idea of marriage being a viable thing is when I lost my virginity to a doctor's wife. She was married to him and still is. Me being biracial/black was a big thing with them, and it introduced me to the "black bull" culture of sex. The big thing I learned from this formative sexual experience is that people in general are never satisfied with the same old things that they have, for extended periods of time. I believe in FWB, polyamory and polygamy wholeheartedly, it's just human nature to want variability within our personal lives. As for me, I'd rather be the hot BBC on the side, than to be married myself and have the potential to lose everything I worked so hard for in my 20's. As a society, I think we are moving towards this way anyways. Women can and should be able to just pick and choose the men they want to be with, have sex with them, kids with them etc. without the binding legal ties. As long as everything is consensual!
Thanks, and I'll pass on the kids. Those of us that consider ourselves as free spirits have no desire for children. Now don't get me wrong - I think kids are great as long as they are your kids and not mine. I even donate regularly to St Jude Children's Hospital and to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. I have a soft place in my heart for the unfortunate I guess. At least people around me are always telling me that.

I do think that being true to yourself is what will bring you the most happiness in life. That plus you have to stay on top of having a positive attitude and always try to find the good in things that others will often start complaining about. It's the same with people too - if you can try to see the good in a person then you might just find out that they are really alright.

I don't ever take that "I have to get even" attitude. If someone screws me over I just stop having anything to do with them and move on. If you were to try to get even then you are going to spend more time and worry about it then that person ever deserved. Just not worth it!

Marriage is useless, you love someone and you don't need to have it written down on paper, but to have a minimal liability regarding the potential children you may have together. Not marrying also means no divorcing. Wanna quit? Just walk out of the door. Explanations will follow a bit below.

May I say "material girl"? Have your stuff and his separate is one thing, but whenever things had to go unplanned, things will by definition go downhill. Those contracts/agreements are just a god given for lawyers and so.

Explanations: I can understand not people gets things fair and square regarding raising kids together, doing their part in a couple, being respectful, accepting someone not being in love anymore, and a contract shall be signed to get them liable for each other. The problem is that under such a contract sleeping with someone other is cuckoldry. Remove the contract and no one is cuckolded. If everyone accept being more "70s" as I said, it is live and let live, sex the girl next door (with a condom) if you two get along, and no jealousy should get involved since its working both way. No one belongs to no one. It's consenting adults with consenting adults.
The problem is that this is 2020 and the 70s are gone forever. Today people seem to be out for what they can get and it doesn't matter who they hurt to get whatever they desire. If any time in history was really good then it had to be the 60s with all the "Love Children" and "Free Love" of that day. At least from the things I read about it that time seemed like a neat time to be alive. Even so they did have prenuptial agreements back then too.

Honestly it seems more like a scam if anything. Not to mention, marriage is useless for divorced parents that ACTUALLY want to be parents for their children.

I don't ever take that "I have to get even" attitude. If someone screws me over I just stop having anything to do with them and move on. If you were to try to get even then you are going to spend more time and worry about it then that person ever deserved. Just not worth it!
While I do indeed agree with that attitude, try having stalkers when they are dedicated to screwing you over, and they have to "get even or dominate" when you tell them no... That shit is scary. :eek:

Getting back to the topic, what about people who intend on pushing for "marriage" solely as a way to get more material goods? You said prenuptial, but still, it might not stop individuals from trying...

Getting back to the topic, what about people who intend on pushing for "marriage" solely as a way to get more material goods? You said prenuptial, but still, it might not stop individuals from trying...
I can certainly attest, there are such things as gold diggers, and I narrowly escaped one :eek:

While I do indeed agree with that attitude, try having stalkers when they are dedicated to screwing you over, and they have to "get even or dominate" when you tell them no... That shit is scary. :eek:

Fortunately, I have only been stalked by guys wanting a date. I would be more than scared if someone was stalking me to do bodily harm. The guys that asked me to marry them were serious but they never tried to push it on me after I had told them "NO" but at the point they asked me to marry them any continued relationship with them was dead. To continue to date them would have encouraged them that I might have an interest in becoming married later on but just not right now. Those times after HS that guys asked me to marry them was way too soon for anyone to be asking that question. I had never even said that I loved them - It was just way out of place.

Thanks, and I'll pass on the kids. Those of us that consider ourselves as free spirits have no desire for children. Now don't get me wrong - I think kids are great as long as they are your kids and not mine. I even donate regularly to St Jude Children's Hospital and to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. I have a soft place in my heart for the unfortunate I guess. At least people around me are always telling me that.

I do think that being true to yourself is what will bring you the most happiness in life. That plus you have to stay on top of having a positive attitude and always try to find the good in things that others will often start complaining about. It's the same with people too - if you can try to see the good in a person then you might just find out that they are really alright.

Hey, that's respectable and whatever floats your boat, right? Women are not and should not be obligated to have kids. I'm just saying that for the ones that do want to have kids, they should be able to do it hassle free. Again, this goes back to my post about marriage loyalty being based on "locking in" of financial stability. We now live in an age where women are getting educated at a higher rate than men are. If you don't need a man for financial stability and still want a kid, then that woman should be able to take in a consensual partner who will make that possible, without the legal bindings. This was actually how I was born. I also say this from my own personal experience with women I've been with and where I see the trends going in our society. It is inevitable.

Hey, that's respectable and whatever floats your boat, right? Women are not and should not be obligated to have kids. I'm just saying that for the ones that do want to have kids, they should be able to do it hassle free. Again, this goes back to my post about marriage loyalty being based on "locking in" of financial stability. We now live in an age where women are getting educated at a higher rate than men are. If you don't need a man for financial stability and still want a kid, then that woman should be able to take in a consensual partner who will make that possible, without the legal bindings. This was actually how I was born. I also say this from my own personal experience with women I've been with and where I see the trends going in our society. It is inevitable.
Even if a lesbian couple wants children and absolutely abhor the idea of having sex with a man in order to become pregnant, there are sperm banks and artificial insemination.

What kind of traits makes someone a gold digger?
@Horst Trapper basically called me one above but I don't think that was what he meant.
May I say "material girl"?
But a "Gold Digger" generally refers to a woman, but it can be a man too - that is out to get as much money or material things out of a realtionship as possible.

If you ask me they are total scum!

@Horst Trapper basically called me one above but I don't think that was what he meant.

But a "Gold Digger" generally refers to a woman, but it can be a man too - that is out to get as much money or material things out of a realtionship as possible.

If you ask me they are total scum!
I'm aware of their goals (yes there are both gold digging men and women), but my question would be how to keep yourself safe from one.

(So I'm not a hypocrite, I would be open to a sugar momma regardless of age, but then again, we both got into it knowing what we wanted.)

What kind of traits makes someone a gold digger?
well, this lady had a bit of a sordid history. She had already been married twice. First husband killed himself (or did he?) after getting her pregnant in high school and having 2 kids. Second husband is a convicted pervert (later got arrested for exposing himself at a mall to underage girls), he got her pregnant too, then he left her shortly after. Anyway, by the time I came along, she kept pushing marriage and started skipping birth control, probably hoping I'd get her pregnant so she could wring me out to dry. She only wanted me for my money and I made significantly more than her at that time. And she put on a very good show. Her first 2 kids were great, the 3rd which was shared custody was an A-hole. But as the relationship progressed, it became more clear that she had ulterior motives.

Yeah, "material girl" was more about the pragmatical safety of your personal assets, while "gold digger" as the name implies, would be someone with financial interest to marry someone over love and affection.

I'm aware of their goals (yes there are both gold digging men and women), but my question would be how to keep yourself safe from one.

(So I'm not a hypocrite, I would be open to a sugar momma regardless of age, but then again, we both got into it knowing what we wanted.)
I wouldn't know how to protect oneself from one other than prior experience. I know, it's crap advise, but I learned more about myself, and life in general from that particular relationship.
To be fair, my wife is now totally a sugar momma to me. But when we started out, we were roughly making the same amount of money so there wasn't a financial handicap for either of us. Soon I started making more, being the sugar daddy, but eventually fate switched sides and she's the sugar momma, but I'm OK with it.

with that in mind, I found relationships that start when the couples are in the same income bracket tend to reduce the amount of jealousy and or gold digging. I know that isn't always the case.

My "No Relationship" way of life kinda protects me from any hope a gold digger would have. With a guy it would be more like @raks post.

well, this lady had a bit of a sordid history. She had already been married twice. First husband killed himself (or did he?) after getting her pregnant in high school and having 2 kids. Second husband is a convicted pervert (later got arrested for exposing himself at a mall to underage girls), he got her pregnant too, then he left her shortly after. Anyway, by the time I came along, she kept pushing marriage and started skipping birth control, probably hoping I'd get her pregnant so she could wring me out to dry. She only wanted me for my money and I made significantly more than her at that time. And she put on a very good show. Her first 2 kids were great, the 3rd which was shared custody was an A-hole. But as the relationship progressed, it became more clear that she had ulterior motives.
I'd bet that you could write a book on the answers that you could read if you googled "Ways to know a gold digger"

Yeah, "material girl" was more about the pragmatical safety of your personal assets, while "gold digger" as the name implies, would be someone with financial interest to marry someone over love and affection.
I knew that you didn't mean it in the "Gold Digger" sense. Although I don't agree that someone such as I that protects their assets is a "Material Girl".

Dude, women who do this are the WORST. You dodged a bullet right there.

Guys who impregnate women then disappears are no more worse.

We all know that. I was talking about raks situation in particular though, which was about woman exhibiting that behavior. What I said still stands. Regardless of gender, people who take advantage of other people like this are scum.

Back