Marriage? Cuckoldry? WTF?

Marriage?
True Love?
Being faithful to each other?

Do these things even exist anymore? I've read a lot of romantic novels and I guess the idea still sells, but I don't know anyone that is like the people written in the pages of romantic novels.

Most people do enter into marriage with the idea of being committed to each other. Some want families so kids come along usually pretty fast. Unfortunately most people can't seem to be devoted to anything at all these days little alone being committed to each other or their family and before long they end up being divorced.

Maybe it all boils down to the type of society that we live in today.

Marriage?
True Love?

Do these things even exist anymore? I've read a lot of romantic novels and I guess the idea still sells, but I don't know anyone that is like the people written in the pages of romantic novels.

Most people do enter into marriage with the idea of being committed to each other. Some want families so kids come along usually pretty fast. Unfortunately most people can't seem to be devoted to anything at all these days little alone being committed to each other or their family and before long they end up being divorced.

marriage is a weird thing society/religion has made. i mean as fun guy says you might as well be roommates.

Something just hit me.

I just asked myself, is "marriage" supposed to be a closed relationship? If it is, but someone in the "relationship" changes their mind or feels like being true to themselves and their feelings and feels like sleeping with someone else (or an animal), wouldn't this be the reason why cuckoldry exists? Or is there supposed to be a set of expectations between the two (such as keeping it open, etc.)

Another thing I have a very hard time wrapping around my head is why so many people prematurely "marry" only to find out later that they're unhappy. (If you're unhappy why are you staying there?) Or if things change (like they always do in life), what then?

Please don't hold back, but keep it polite, I don't want this thread to get moved.
I think that by the religious definition, marriage is supposed to be closed. But most things that religion dictates isn't meant to be healthy, it's supposed to be controlling. With that in mind, areas of the world which weren't hit with the big 3 religions tend to have differing definitions of family.

I'll just say that I'm currently (and for the most part, happily) married. But I entered that relationship knowing that I would still have sex with dogs if the opportunity presented itself (and it did, and still does;)). So is it technically cheating? probably, but by that definition, so is rubbing one out. I told her I used to be into zoophilia in the past, but never delved into it. She doesn't know today and I don't plan on telling her. She's already commented she has no interest in it.
I'll also admit that I have way more sex with my dog than her. Not because I don't love her as much, quite the opposite. Neither one of us are very sexually motivated towards each other. Sure, she's damn sexy, but I'm just not as sexually attracted to her as I am dogs. She tends to fall towards the asexual end of the spectrum, and that's fine by me. Again, we love each other for the company and compassion we give each other. Sex is just a "benefit" and should never be the motivator for a relationship.

Which leads me to your second question. I think people prematurely marry for a couple of reasons: Great Sex, The princess fairy tale effect, Financial reasons (my parents - which ended horribly when I was 16), or even peer pressure.
I didn't marry until I was 30, much later than most people I grew up with, and I must say that of those people that married before me, their marriages have or are falling apart. My wife and I were both financially stable and had good jobs when we married, I think that has a lot to do with our success as well.

Troll alert! Don't get mad, just ignore her or brush her off.
I love how you said this after you ganged up on me lol. Dogfuck1900 is actually dumber than you, pillar and the others. Shocking, I know.
You need to be a troll to defeat a troll lol that's my philosophy.
Let me see how much she excels in this department ??
You see there is the reason why she is not directly confronting me ,you all need to behave same to defeat her lol.

@Wolfia
No one asked for your opinion. Please just kindly fuck off and stop harrasing guys.
If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.
I agree with you ,she is apparently a complete sociopath who lived a very sheltered life.
Or probably some abortion survivor whose brain was not fully developed.

Marriage?
True Love?

I think you are right until at some point, ppl get married when they very young and still under the influence of their childhood tales (you know the ones where the princess married with the prince and they had hundred of children and they live haply ever after bla bla bla) we all loved those stories ..for sure I did (and I am not the romantic type at all :))) just practical since I was just a boy.
Then after when we get old, lets say after 10-15 years of marriage we understand that we need something else, we unhappy, but we have responsibilities, ppl depend on us, and we must conform to the society rules
more then this the shame of failing to keep together a family etc etc ..I hope you understand what I mean

it's sad but this is it
life is unfair and only a small fraction of us get to live their dream lifes

cheers

real question here. is he a full wolf or a partial wolf? i saw couple posts you had a wolf with you.

Werewolf

Does it ever matters if you're good in bed? That's sexist, dudes...

Hush. Bad_Habbits is a real man.

amaze me wonder girl :)))

what you can do ??
common ...... I allow you to ... brag now :)
spoil my imagination with your fantastic (@ bombastic "bed skills) :p :)))

I have done forbidden things that will make you look like you're too innocent to even be thinking about me..

Also don't say bombastic ever again because its embarrassing

I think you are right until at some point, ppl get married when they very young and still under the influence of their childhood tales (you know the ones where the princess married with the prince and they had hundred of children and they live haply ever after bla bla bla) we all loved those stories ..for sure I did (and I am not the romantic type at all :))) just practical since I was just a boy.
Then after when we get old, lets say after 10-15 years of marriage we understand that we need something else, we unhappy, but we have responsibilities, ppl depend on us, and we must conform to the society rules
more then this the shame of failing to keep together a family etc etc ..I hope you understand what I mean

it's sad but this is it

cheers
Yes probably true. The "And they lived happily ever after" persuasion is in our minds when we are still young and inexperienced in life. I know a lot of people that got married right after HS and they are all divorced now and that was only 5 years ago. I almost made the same mistake too. I was engaged in my senior year at HS and the creep cheated on me only a week after asking me. Today I should thank him because it taught me a very valuable lesson about people that you think love you.

But to be honest about it neither of us knew each other well enough to be getting married either. I don't know what it is with people because I have had guys seriously ask me to marry them after having sex and we had maybe only known each other for a week or two before that. I have had that happen 6 times now so it must be a normal thing I am thinking. So what is with you guys being that way? If the sex is good between us then why can't we just enjoy that and continue to learn about each other until we both are in that right place to decide if marriage would be right for us?

Jumping into something like marriage too soon is going to end up bad most of the time in my opinion.

These days I view myself as a free spirit and I don't want a relationship with anyone. If someone asks me to marry them right away then it is a giant red flag and a complete turn off for me. I don't like the idea of having to ask if I can do this or that. That's what I love about the FWB - Friends With Benefits thing the best. My FWBs will call me up a lot just to see how I am doing. Sometimes they call me and invite me away someplace for a weekend. We have fun doing our thing and sharing some cool adventure too. How awesome is that?

Maybe some day I will change but right now I can't see that happening. I'm happy in life and that means so much............ ?

So what is with you guys being that way? If the sex is good between us then why can't we just enjoy that and continue to learn about each other until we both are in that right place to decide if marriage would be right for us?

It's chemical mixed with a bit of instinctual. Thousands of years ago, you didn't live long enough to get to know each other. Humans just made babies and died shortly after.
Unfortunately, most men haven't evolved from that;)
And definitely, the younger you are, the less matured your brain is - until right around 25 when your brain stops growing.

So what is with you guys being that way? If the sex is good between us then why can't we just enjoy that and continue to learn about each other until we both are in that right place to decide if marriage would be right for us?

Jumping into something like marriage too soon is going to end up bad most of the time in my opinion.
Two main reasons:

1- Guys also feels the social pressure of being single, marrying with someone they like and that they have great sex with is nice
2- Guys are less likely to find a cool girl they can chat openly with and also have great sex (women have more offers than men)

Yeah, guys loves sex, and chatting too, they just aren't much into the thrilling hollywood romance shit. No mind game stuff.

But I admit even I'm a mare guy, having some cool girls to chat with would be nice somedays, but ya know, I'm more an introvert and this coronavirus lockdown is kinda a blessing for me :)

Another thing I have a very hard time wrapping around my head is why so many people prematurely "marry" only to find out later that they're unhappy.
Traditionally premarital sex has been condemned and is still today in some circles. If that's where you come from and you want to have sex, you've got to marry.

How self-centered of you.
Says the one who is trying to prove how good she is in bed and how much better she is than everyone else on here.

Maybe you should just stop for a second and ask yourself why so many people on here don't like you.
Maybe it's because you attack people for asking questions that weren't offensive at all and also had nothing to do with you?
Maybe it's because you want the attention of others and feel valid when you can cause fights and make everyone else your enemy?
Maybe it's because you're no better than any men who spread misogynistic bullshit around?

Really take a chill pill and stop being so obnoxious.
We all are trying to have normal discussions on here and talk peacefully to one another. And the only thing you're interested in is tearing this whole thing apart and then you still wonder why no one likes you.
I feel sorry for you, since I guess something or someone took your kindness and ability to be social away :(
Who was it honey? Did you get hurt by a man who was just as much of an asshole as you turned out to be now? Didn't mommy and daddy give you love and instead burn you with their smoked up cigarettes?
No matter what it is, I hope you'll find peace with your inner self one day ❤️

Says the one who is trying to prove how good she is in bed and how much better she is than everyone else on here.

Maybe you should just stop for a second and ask yourself why so many people on here don't like you.
Maybe it's because you attack people for asking questions that weren't offensive at all and also had nothing to do with you?
Maybe it's because you want the attention of others and feel valid when you can cause fights and make everyone else your enemy?
Maybe it's because you're no better than any men who spread misogynistic bullshit around?

Really take a chill pill and stop being so obnoxious.
We all are trying to have normal discussions on here and talk peacefully to one another. And the only thing you're interested in is tearing this whole thing apart and then you still wonder why no one likes you.
I feel sorry for you, since I guess something or someone took your kindness and ability to be social away :(
Who was it honey? Did you get hurt by a man who was just as much of an asshole as you turned out to be now? Didn't mommy and daddy give you love and instead burn you with their smoked up cigarettes?
No matter what it is, I hope you'll find peace with your inner self one day ❤
She cannot decently take a argument.

If all you guys could keep this mannered, that would be nice, not just Wolfia, because you also makes quite easy/sexist arguments too.

As for my viewpoint on marriage, I'm leaning more towards a no. Humans are sequential polygamists by nature. Sure, we might not love multiple people at the same time, but if you look at most people's lives through a big picture lens, people have multiple relationships with multiple people across time. There is literally more than one person out there for everyone. Loyalty has always been a mechanism to secure financial stability, which to be honest, women don't need from men anymore.

The problem with marriage is people tend to believe they "contractually possess" the other, and in such a manner they take ownership of their lives. It would be cool if people just considered to socialize in a more 70s way, chat together, sex together, and in children assume like adults, but with no needs to always have things written down on paper with premarital contract and stuff (ie Douglas and Zeta-Jones).

I think the nature of having children is also a factor in why marriage is the way it is.
Firstly, I do not have children of my own, not for lack of wanting, nor lack of trying;). But alas no children. I'm actually not too upset by it anymore because most of the children in my life (friends' children, co workers', realatives') are complete A-holes.
But I digress. I think when people have children, whether in or out of wedlock, it can trigger that instinct to form or maintain that familiar bond (i.e. marriage).
Yet, if that is the sole reason for keeping the marriage alive (like it was for my parents), then it's just another reason those kind of marriage's don't last.
I've seen countless examples of once the kids group up, the parents grow apart.
I personally would never marry again if it came to it. (BTW, we didn't have a fancy wedding, kinda semi traditional, but it was more of a good party anyways so that was never a motivator)

The problem with marriage is people tend to believe they "contractually possess" the other, and in such a manner they take ownership of their lives. It would be cool if people just considered to socialize in a more 70s way, chat together, sex together, and in children assume like adults, but with no needs to always have things written down on paper with premarital contract and stuff (ie Douglas and Zeta-Jones).
I'm not understanding this entirely. Care to explain?

Now, as far as the "contractual ownership" goes, that scares the shit out of me ? ? :eek: :eek: - like when one person decides to cuck the other, but leaves absolutely no room for the other person to also have it that way... Aaah!

I think that by the religious definition, marriage is supposed to be closed. But most things that religion dictates isn't meant to be healthy, it's supposed to be controlling. With that in mind, areas of the world which weren't hit with the big 3 religions tend to have differing definitions of family.

I'll just say that I'm currently (and for the most part, happily) married. But I entered that relationship knowing that I would still have sex with dogs if the opportunity presented itself (and it did, and still does;)). So is it technically cheating? probably, but by that definition, so is rubbing one out. I told her I used to be into zoophilia in the past, but never delved into it. She doesn't know today and I don't plan on telling her. She's already commented she has no interest in it.
I'll also admit that I have way more sex with my dog than her. Not because I don't love her as much, quite the opposite. Neither one of us are very sexually motivated towards each other. Sure, she's damn sexy, but I'm just not as sexually attracted to her as I am dogs. She tends to fall towards the asexual end of the spectrum, and that's fine by me. Again, we love each other for the company and compassion we give each other. Sex is just a "benefit" and should never be the motivator for a relationship.

Which leads me to your second question. I think people prematurely marry for a couple of reasons: Great Sex, The princess fairy tale effect, Financial reasons (my parents - which ended horribly when I was 16), or even peer pressure.
I didn't marry until I was 30, much later than most people I grew up with, and I must say that of those people that married before me, their marriages have or are falling apart. My wife and I were both financially stable and had good jobs when we married, I think that has a lot to do with our success as well.
Maybe it's just the influence religion has had on me as to why I made this thread. Sadly it's limited my perspective to just black-and-white thinking: "marriage" is good/bad.

To those of you that replied and gave an answer outside of the societal/reglious bullshit, I thank you with as much thanks as I can give in this moment - it sucks having a limited perspective on things!

it's sad but this is it

cheers
You know, if so many people are unhappy with this, why the fuck does society keep pushing it? Diamond rings alone aren't enough to push for that entire industry...

Yes probably true. The "And they lived happily ever after" persuasion is in our minds when we are still young and inexperienced in life. I know a lot of people that got married right after HS and they are all divorced now and that was only 5 years ago. I almost made the same mistake too. I was engaged in my senior year at HS and the creep cheated on me only a week after asking me. Today I should thank him because it taught me a very valuable lesson about people that you think love you.

But to be honest about it neither of us knew each other well enough to be getting married either. I don't know what it is with people because I have had guys seriously ask me to marry them after having sex and we had maybe only known each other for a week or two before that. I have had that happen 6 times now so it must be a normal thing I am thinking. So what is with you guys being that way? If the sex is good between us then why can't we just enjoy that and continue to learn about each other until we both are in that right place to decide if marriage would be right for us?

These days I view myself as a free spirit and I don't want a relationship with anyone. If someone asks me to marry them right away then it is a giant red flag and a complete turn off for me. I don't like the idea of having to ask if I can do this or that. That's what I love about the FWB - Friends With Benefits thing the best. My FWBs will call me up a lot just to see how I am doing. Sometimes they call me and invite me away someplace for a weekend. We have fun doing our thing and sharing some cool adventure too. How awesome is that?

Maybe some day I will change but right now I can't see that happening. I'm happy in life and that means so much............ ?
You're happy, and that's what counts.

Knot, can I ask, did religion influence those guys to push you to ask for that?

And honestly, I have a very similar view to yours - why not just be FWB, date or have an open relationship instead of the whole "marriage" thing?

And why does society continuously push for serial monogamy? It's... strange. Weird and strange.

While I'm not one to push for "marriage", one issue I do have is that I don't want to end up old and alone. It was already he being young and alone, being old and alone, well... truth be told, I see myself being 100 percent okay with that, but my question here is if I become decrepit and crippled because of old age, who will be there for me? Who will take care of me? Hell, who will even care about me? Maybe I'm just being insecure right now...

Like I said before I'm more into the Friends With Benefits thing than relationships or marriage, but that is because it is free without commitment, no need to ask permission to do what you want, and no guilt when you do something that you want.

However, the premarital contract, or if you prefer, the prenuptial agreement is absolutely necessary in this "Fuck You Over" world. There is no way on Earth that I would ever consider marriage without that agreement even if I was head over heals in love with the guy. I would not chance losing any of my holdings. If either person doesn't have anything of greater than normal value then the prenuptial would be unnecessary. However, if you do have things of greater than normal value then to protect yourself from any loss you would definately need a prenuptial that is not just agreed upon written down and signed, but also has been prepared by a lawyer, signed, notarized, and filed in the county chancellor's office.

Back