Deep quotes you heard or made up?

I saw a poster quoting Bill Gates :
“I choose a lazy man to a difficult job - he will find an easy way to do it “

"Assuming you don't want your tongue used for raw materials the next time I have to resole one of my boots, I suggest you stop moving it."

"Knock knock

You're supposed to say 'who's there?'

Why would I give away my location? I would simply smash through the door and face my assailant."

"There's no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that, it's ridiculous. They call it 'debasing the language'. No! We are adults. These are the words that WE use to express frustration, rage, anger. In order that we don't pick up a tire iron and beat the SHIT out of somebody."

"Pub. Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks."

"Suppose, you swear on an upside down, backwards, Chinese, old, brail bible with half the pages missing? Would that count"

-George Carlin: It's Bad For Ya' (2008)

"Suppose, you swear on an upside down, backwards, Chinese, old, brail bible with half the pages missing? Would that count"

-George Carlin: It's Bad For Ya' (2008)
But ‘swear’ can mean “make a solemn statement or promise …”, but also using offending language - so what’s the count then ? 🤔

Back