Deep quotes you heard or made up?

I think there’s a difference in holding on to the past and learning from it. I totally agree that those that refuse to let go will be miserable. We’ve all witnessed the people who are filled with hate because of something that happened in their life that was devastating.
"They say people who don't study the past are doomed to repeat it, but in my experience, it's the people who can't let go of the past who end up repeating it."

“UFOs are like an outreach program from the Universe for the consciously impaired.”

- John E Mack

“A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.” —Robert Benchley

"Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said 'individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction is essence as become critical to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.'."

“A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.” —Robert Benchley
Before you sleep, turn around, or else you'll wake up in the pound.
"Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said 'individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction is essence as become critical to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.'."
Was that Herbert Duncanson, Douglas Anders, or Grell the Robot?

"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent — mostly from warriors."

"I am not a villain. I do not tie girls to buzz saws, and I do not throw banana peels in front of the old folks' home."

“Sometimes, my friend, survival takes precedence over everything. I hate it like hell—but sometimes, you just have to shoot the SOB and rationalize it all later.”

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I suddenly got a shooting pain in my head as soon as you started to speak."

"We’ve only just met and I already despise you. Imagine how much greater my loathing will become when I have gotten to know you.”

Back