Deep quotes you heard or made up?

But ‘swear’ can mean “make a solemn statement or promise …”, but also using offending language - so what’s the count then ? 🤔

In regards to swearing an oath:
"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation."
-James 5:12

In regards to foul language:
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
-Matthew 12:36-37

Very ironic how courts make people swear on the Bible when it say not to swear oaths.

Very ironic how courts make people swear on the Bible when it say not to swear oaths.
They don't. That's antiquated bullshit perpetuated by Hollywood. They don't even make you swear any oath to take the witness stand, at least not in court.

“Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are.”

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

- Aristophanes

"There is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."

"Birds give me the creeps. The flying part's cool, but they're so weird, got those beady eyes and scaly feet - and have you ever seen a buzzard? They got scrotum heads."

Why are you afraid of going out in the dark?
There's nothing out there at night that couldn't have killed you just as dead in the daytime.

-My great grandfather

God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.

- R. B. Cunninghame Graham, in a letter to Theodore Roosevelt

Back