Deep quotes you heard or made up?

"I don't want to make people love me. I want to make people fear me. Love may win you friends, but fear... that gets you a statue."

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness, I am kind to everyone ,but if you are unkind to me weak is not what you will remember of me,------------ Al Capone

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."
-USMC General James Mattis

"Family is one of civilization's worst ideas. You support 'em, you give 'em all your money, put food on the table, and what do they do for you? They get you fired from the only thing you were ever good at."

“The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.”​

― Les Brown

"What you don't realize is that cynicism is almost the same thing as experience. Just try thinking the worst about people and you'll usually be right."

"We can easily forgive a child for being afraid of the dark.
The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

-Plato (?)

"In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes. So death created time to grow the things that it would kill..." Rust Cohle

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Back