What are your companions' favourite activities?

He adores plush toys. Not hard toys, but plush toys. He's so very gentle with them too, he hardly ever destroys one which is great for my wallet.

He also loves sitting in my lap. Which is funny considering 91lbs. When he was younger (and smaller) I was happy to have him sit in my lap - now it sort of hurts so he has to settle for resting his big noggin in my lap and letting me play with his ears. I've always said he was a lap dog trapped in a big dog's body!

My boy loves shoes...I have had to replace almsot every pair of shoes I own at this point lol. He has and amazing talent for knowing exactly when I forgot to put them away and am not watching him. But beyond that his favorite game by far is tug of war and he can practically drag me around the house with how strong he is.

My boy loved going on long rides and running across fields at a lope, he was quarter horse/thoroughbred cross and was so fit from how much we rode he could go for miles at a time and opening him up was awesome. He liked working with cattle and worked hard when we was dealing with them. He loved to be groomed, scratching all his itchy places he would show me. He loved being around me and doing different things, riding bareback he wasn't so fond of when I first started riding him but it eventually grew on him and we would go on rides with just a cheap twine bridle I made for him. Running at full speed bareback through a field was a fun experience for the both of us as long as we was together. He wouldn't let any other person ride him though he would try and buck them off constantly. He liked to race other horses when we was riding, and being as fit as he was he usually ended up first.

Companion being the ones I care for!
My kittens- eating, sleeping, playing with the loudest plastic bags at 3am after I take the bag away, jumping from the cat tree and landing on me

The pupper- running when I’m trying to walk him, putting his front paws on the counter to watch me cook, sitting on the sofa when he plays with his toys so I know that it’s his, playing in the mud, being a menace to all the neighbors when I let him outside early, after playing in the mud jumping on me to let me know he has muddy paws

That’s just a few!

Companion being the ones I care for!
My kittens- eating, sleeping, playing with the loudest plastic bags at 3am after I take the bag away, jumping from the cat tree and landing on me

The pupper- running when I’m trying to walk him, putting his front paws on the counter to watch me cook, sitting on the sofa when he plays with his toys so I know that it’s his, playing in the mud, being a menace to all the neighbors when I let him outside early, after playing in the mud jumping on me to let me know he has muddy paws

That’s just a few!
Perhaps he doesn't want to bring muddy paws into the house, so wipe them off on something convenient like your clothes. :gsd_wink:

My boy had a wipe command when he had been out and got dirty paws, I would say wipe and he would lift each of his paws in turn for me to clean with a towel. It confused a visitor one day though, they thought he had hurt is paw, because he was standing on the door step with a paw raised. I explained he had been in the garden searching for buried treasure again and wanted his paws cleaned so he could come inside for a while.

Perhaps he doesn't want to bring muddy paws into the house, so wipe them off on something convenient like your clothes. :gsd_wink:

My boy had a wipe command when he had been out and got dirty paws, I would say wipe and he would lift each of his paws in turn for me to clean with a towel. It confused a visitor one day though, they thought he had hurt is paw, because he was standing on the door step with a paw raised. I explained he had been in the garden searching for buried treasure again and wanted his paws cleaned so he could come inside for a while.
It’s not to convenient when he only does it when I wear good clothes like a button down, or good pants! He never jumps when I wear cardigans like he knows something but also it could be because of the scent of cologne!

That’s pretty awesome you were able to train your pup so well! Mine knows how to catch and roll over for belly rubs other than that he just prances around the house, yard and when no ones in the neighborhood and I let him off the leash he greets all the neighbors plants 🌱

It’s not to convenient when he only does it when I wear good clothes like a button down, or good pants! He never jumps when I wear cardigans like he knows something but also it could be because of the scent of cologne!

That’s pretty awesome you were able to train your pup so well! Mine knows how to catch and roll over for belly rubs other than that he just prances around the house, yard and when no ones in the neighborhood and I let him off the leash he greets all the neighbors plants 🌱
That is something you can test, if it's a scent thing try wearing cologne with your cardigan and see if he will share his paw love with your old clothes as well.

Well my boy being a GSD was a very smart fellow and he taught himself a lot of stuff with very little effort from me, but it's all about consistency, he wasn't allowed on the carpet with dirty paws so it was either stay outside or get them cleaned if he wanted to come inside when it was wet outside, or he had been digging.

We like to walk/jog by the River that spits our city. It’s generally safe to swim in while it’s calm and not flooding.

Eating.
Getting up too early.
Breakfast.
Finding the softest spot in the room and laying on it.
Eating.
Eating.
Peeing on the world.
Dinner.
Treats.
Walks.

They are pretty enthusiastic about a few other things, too
Yep. Still the same.

My cats love playing with toys and hugging. Also they laying in bed with us when we watching Netflix or playing games. Cats never leaving home outside because they are grown inside. But we still trying to make them active and prevent boredom.

Meg

my dog loves to sleep or run outside but she will only sleep if shes touching me in some way wether it be a foot or sometimes she will lay completely on me

running playing with balls. But are a bit fussy about fetch sometimes I get the ball brought to me. Then sometime I have to go get the ball. The look that they give u at times when u throw and thay have had enough soo funny. As if to say you throw it u go get it.Then thay also like poping balloons and rolling on there backs in the garden or sunbathing.

Some favor rope quite a bit, some like running in the river shallows, One really likes rides. Walks always seem to be the thing everyone agrees on, and treats of course. Bark bark used to be pretty popular until my one boy got a little older and became less active. (some weird form of tag mixed with red light green light)

stingy things attract my boy. I dont know how many of my singlets , spagetti tops and bras are torn while he entertains himself on those. If at all I happen to keep my bra on while he is having me, for sure atleast one strap is torn by his chewing on it.

Definitely frolf. My Bernese loves going out to any disc golf course. Unfortunately, he loves to return our discs to us after we throw, so we have to toss his own to run after before we throw ours lol

Hi there! So every single one of our companions and lovers have different personalities and thus individual needs and preferences.
I'd like to hear from you what activities your companions love to do!
My cat just loves cuddling me while I do what I do…as for my dog? She uh…really fucking loves sniffing things. Trees, my ass, the ground and even wooden fence posts. Aside from me, they like to cuddle amongst themselves and even play together!

Playing with balls, the bouncy kind silly. Chewing on bones
Being anywhere near his people
Roughhousing, chasing deer.
Running, fetching, going on long walks, adventures.
Swimming

My pupper loves her squeaker chickens 🐔 and piggies 🐷 she creates her own games. She does what we call "chicken or piggies bomb". She places her toys in places me or my husband usually walk. Then waits until we unwittingly step on them and then gets excited and grabs them and squeaks them like she is laughing. She also created a game when she will throw the piggies down the stairs, watch it bounce down the steps, wait for us to throw it back up, rinse and repeat.

Back