Owning a dog questions.

D

Darkchien

I am lonely. Dating sucks. I need constant affection. I wonder if owning a pet could help with this but I know that owning one can have some challenges as well. Those are my questions.

1-I know that you need to be outgoing to own a dog and have A LOT of time for them. I am curious to know if there are nerds that rarely go outside that has a dog. Is it doable or just pure fantasy?

2-I know that owning a pet cost a lot to maintain, feed, etc. How much do you spend per year on your dog?

3-I see that a lot of you are having sex with dogs. How is it?

4-If I don't spay/neuther my dog, will the vets bother and harrasm me to do it?

5-Can a lazy person own a dog? Just curious of your answers. ?

6-Can a dog help compensate for lonelyless for not having a girlfriend/wife?

There are quite a lot of factors that go into this as a whole. Dogs are a great way to combat being lonely however being lazy while owning dogs can and have been nightmares for people. So much of your relationship with your dog is doing something as simple as walking or for my boy a nice ride in the car. He gos ape shit for a chance to stick his head out the window.
As for cost? It depends. What you spent on your dog is determined by how much you can spend or how much you care to do so.
I’m not rich. But I put a lot of cash into my Jake.
why? Because he’s the one that keeps me grounded. And I love him. Pure simple and in my case has been much easier then human relationships.
As for sex? In my opinion, don’t even consider it unless you have done the above.
So much of what I get or Jake gets out of a physical relationship between us has to do with how close we are. Or how much trust we have between one another. But! If you manage to do all of this. It’s extremely rewarding and down right electric.

1. If you live in a house in a village or something similar and have a big garden, then you may not need to go for walks every day. But it does not replace going out with your dog entirely. Dogs love exploring the outside and the same environment all the time gets booring.
If you live in a flat, going out at least 3 times a day is a must.

2. When you own an animal, you become responsible for his/her life. Having a dog is a commitment for 15 years. There is no easy way around it. I do not know how much I spend, but quality food, toys and vet care is necessary. Be prepared that accidents happen and that will cost a lot of money. Always have a reserve.

3. You do not have to have sex with your dog, but imagine living 15 years without sexual relief.
I think dog masturbation should be a part of education. :D

4. If they do, find another vet. In my country vets are not obsessed with castration fortunately. You can also say that you plan to get certification for breeding or that unless there is a legitimate medical reason, castration is out of the question. We do not castrate people because they might get testicular cancer either, do we.

5. You do not really sound like you actually want a dog at this point. As I said it is a long term sometimes complicated commitment that requires effort and time. You have to be sure about that before getting a dog.

6. No. Relationship with a dog is very different from a relationship with a human. Dogs have different needs, they do not talk, they limit some of your abilities, for example travelling. They do not behave like people during sex either and you can not expect that. If what you desire is a human companion for purely human reasons, dogs will not provide that.

Thank you all for answering this question.

After thinking about it, I think owning a dog is not for me. I still want to travel a lot in the future and I think owning one would prevent me from traveling overseas in the future. Traveling after the pandemic is my priority no1.

Thank you all for answering this question.

After thinking about it, I think owning a dog is not for me. I still want to travel a lot in the future and I think owning one would prevent me from traveling overseas in the future. Traveling after the pandemic is my priority no1.
Good to hear. Your using your head and not making a decision that could very well leave a dog in the shelter. That is one of the major reasons why there are so many in kennels right now.

1-I know that you need to be outgoing to own a dog and have A LOT of time for them. I am curious to know if there are nerds that rarely go outside that has a dog. Is it doable or just pure fantasy? While I don't usually move from my gayming station, I take my girls out around four times a day, about an hour each walk to the park for them to run and play. I'd happily bike around the town buying food and silly things for them while I would also claim that "the weather is bad" if there's just one cloud in the sky if someone bugs me to go clubbing or pubbing

2-I know that owning a pet cost a lot to maintain, feed, etc. How much do you spend per year on your dog? About 1/2 of my net salary to be honest. I tend to go overboard from time to time with treats and stuff. Vet bills aren't bad at all for me here

3-I see that a lot of you are having sex with dogs. How is it? Undescribeably amazing

4-If I don't spay/neuther my dog, will the vets bother and harrasm me to do it? Depends on your location

5-Can a lazy person own a dog? Just curious of your answers. ? depends on how lazy you are. the spiders I was supposed to get rid of months ago keep the mosquito population under control and don't dare ask me when was the last time I washed the tablecloth because not even god remembers

6-Can a dog help compensate for lonelyless for not having a girlfriend/wife? totally

My girls are attention vaccuums. All day, every day seeking affection and jumping ontop of me if I pet one of them a single pat more than the other
:gsd_wink:

I am lonely. Dating sucks. I need constant affection. I wonder if owning a pet could help with this but I know that owning one can have some challenges as well. Those are my questions.

It can, but I very much encourage you to think hard before pursuing it. Dogs require a pretty significant investment of time and money and they might not be interested in sex. You will also need to spend some time learning training methods too, a well trained and well behaved dog is a pleasure to be around the same as a poorly trained one can be frustrating. Dogs require significant interaction with you, something I encourage people to embrace as the more quality time you spend together really helps improve the bond and will improve both or your lives in ways you don't expect.

1-I know that you need to be outgoing to own a dog and have A LOT of time for them. I am curious to know if there are nerds that rarely go outside that has a dog. Is it doable or just pure fantasy?
It depends, a dog definitely requires a lot of interaction but that interaction doesn't have to be social with others; I would encourage it though, socialization helps dogs and humans both.

2-I know that owning a pet cost a lot to maintain, feed, etc. How much do you spend per year on your dog?
For the past decade, I have spent roughly $2500/year on one of my dogs, that includes a lot of veterinary care I did not anticipate due to cancer. Without that the average would probably be around $2000/year, but prices are very regional and can vary greatly, especially the price of veterinary care. On average, about half of the expense is veterinary (shots, unexpected patchups, etc) and the other half food. Don't forget some of the harder to quantify costs such as increased rent, pet deposits, etc.

I'm quite happy with it, but if I had a choice between a woman and a bitch it'd be no contest, the bitch wins every time as I don't find humans attractive. If you don't find dogs attractive I honestly recommend you don't pursue this, pursue what interests you until you find something that works and makes you happy. If you're just looking for something nice to nut in, a fleshlight and it doesn't need feeding, walking, doesn't need to talk, etc and the tactile feel is better than most pussy I've ever been in.

Typically, no. They will ask and you can say no. A vet is no different than a doctor, a lawyer, or any other professional services for which you might hire and as with all of them, not all in the field are equal and if you feel the one you're paying isn't listening/doing as you want, find another one. There are very good reasons to spay/neuter, understand them and why one might choose not to do so, not just to have an intelligent discussion when asked, but because you'll be responsible for making informed decisions about the health and well being of another.

They can, but it's a often sad for both. A well exercised dog is happier and healthier, same for a well exercised human. If you don't enjoy spending time with a dog, why would you want to get one?

Dogs make great companions, but it's not one-sided, the dog needs companionship too. They need care when you don't feel well, they need care no matter what your finances look like today, they need it if you're feeling down, or lazy, or whatever life throws at you. If you can't commit to a serious investment into a best friend (be that a dog, a woman, man, or something else) then you need to reconsider what you're after and ask yourself what you're offering the other party.

If you think you want a dog, put aside all thoughts of sex and consider if you would be willing to invest the time and effort, if you think having such a companion would be an asset to your life, if you feel you'd be happy doing all of this for 10-15 years on average without having sex with it, then maybe a dog might be a good fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

1) When your dog is a puppy, then your puppy really needs a high investment, but this is to make sure that your dog knows how to act as an adult. For instance, if you act fast to train your puppy to never EVER pee on the floor and to let you know if they need to go out, then your dog's need to go to the bathroom occasionally will never be an issue, but if you don't teach your puppy this communication system early, then you are in for a lot of frustration later. The trick to making sure that your dog is relatively little trouble as an adult is to put a lot of attention into raising them as a puppy. A well-trained puppy is generally a low-stress adult dog.

On a side-note, some dog owners are not always sure what to do about attention-getting behavior, which can lead to a dog tearing up a place just because they become desperate to get their owner to pay attention to them. This is not complicated. Make sure the dog has plenty of toys, even toys that your dog is actually encouraged to try to destroy. A good kong toy can keep a dog entertained for hours. When you have genuinely invested in a good toy, you'll actually feel jealous of the toy. Between you and a good kong toy, you're chopped liver.

https://www.kongcompany.com/

There are great recipes for the filling, too! Kong toy filling recipes are great geeky fun.

-

2) The day-to-day cost of feed and routine veterinary bills is something that you can afford on a working-class income. Just talk to experienced dog owners about how to handle aging or health emergencies. Those can get a little expensive, although they are not usually devastating to anyone established enough to have money in savings. Avoid trying to use exotic last-ditch surgeries to save a dog that is at the end of their lifetime: you can spend an almost unlimited amount of money on trying to save a dog that is really just going through the normal aging process. I am not just this way with dogs, by the way, but I also support death with dignity legislation for humans, and I am still a supporter of the campaign to get Dr. Kevorkian a full post-mortem pardon. I think that providing love, comfort, and support is more important than longevity, and exotic attempts to prolong a life by only a few months are really just traumatizing for the animal...or for the human, for that matter. If you can accept that your dog is really not supposed to live forever, then the cost of providing the dog with comfort late in life is really not particularly high.

That said, have a reserve for dealing with unexpected emergencies or accidents, though, because these can happen: a young and healthy dog can blow out a hip tumbling down some steps, for instance. Keep your credit score high and your bank account fat, and if you are careful and don't take dumb chances and catch problems before they turn into a crisis, then most likely, they will stay that way. The best preparation for an emergency is to try not to have one. The second-best preparation for an emergency is to be prepared for it if you do have one.

-

3) Dog sex is amazing, yes. However, not all of them are going to be interested in sex. This is something that most people don't really know about zoophiles. We actually have many dogs, in our lifetimes, that are just confused by our sexual overtures, and they look at us like we're adorable mentally disabled children when we try to tempt them. Usually, dogs are....well, they're horndogs, but...BUT...dogs are diverse. Like people, they can just be relatively asexual, and that is okay. Nine times out of ten, if you follow the how-to sections, you will find that bitches are really nasty and slutty animals that can get hooked on your dick like it's a crack tit. Just don't blame the dog if that's not the case.

Bitches can be lesbians, and pressuring a lesbian to have sex with a man is gay-bashing.

Bitches can be asexual, and pressuring an asexual to have sex at all is ace-bashing.

If you can accept that your puppy might someday say, "I love you, but no thank you," then you will most likely be very happy.

-

4) Some vets are shocked if you don't want to neuter, but just tell them, "No." You don't really have to. However, it is recommended, even by zoos, to consider spaying an older female dog, just so you can avoid infections of the uterus. On the other hand, there is also such a thing as an ovary-sparing hysterectomy, which means that your bitch-dog will still have a strong female libido but won't have the cycles related to going in and out of heat. If a veterinarian thinks this is weird, you are not under any obligation to explain.

If veterinarians get too nosy about your decisions, then treat them as if they were a perfectly decent human being that just ripped a nice, juicy, pants-staining fart that had a beat you could almost dance to. Pretend it didn't happen, and wait for them to say something that is actually intelligent and relevant, rather than embarrassing them by drawing attention to a faux pas. Nosiness is a breach of professionalism. They know it is. Give them a few seconds, and they will realize it on their own.

-

5) Depends on the breed and on the individual dog.

-

6) This is like asking your gay friend, "can having a man living in the house with me compensate for me not having a woman?" If you are gay or bisexual, yes. If you are not gay or bisexual, no. There are many people that have a zoo exclusive lifestyle, actually, and they are quite contented with that. The real answer to this question depends on whether or not you are an actual dyed-in-the-wool zoophile.

On the other hand, many people find that having a dog actually opens up their heart in a way that makes them more confident about approaching human romantic prospects. The dog is just less intimidating, so there is less of a sense that you will be slapped in the face or misunderstood for a well-meaning demonstration of affection. Humans often assume each other to be more mercenary than they actually are before they have gotten to know each other. Dogs don't have this problem, so they can give you practice at how to navigate a healthy relationship. In healthy relationships with humans, you can be as honest about your feelings as you can be with a dog. In unhealthy relationships with humans, you cannot, but you should not have those, anyway.

The trick to humans is that if being with a human feels like being with a dog, then that person probably trusts you, likes you, and has good intentions. It is hard for many humans to open up to you like a dog just does naturally, but when they do, making themselves completely vulnerable to you, the truth is that there really is not all that much difference between a dog and a human. Humans are just really big, dumb-looking dogs. The ones that know it are the best kind. A good dog can teach you what every human can be if they will let themselves be.

Humans are at their worst when they overthink and doubt their instincts: this can lead to people basing bad social judgments on theories that are really destructive. For instance, a lot of people called "incels" are really just heterosexual men that were trying to get girls to like them using more theory than sense, and if most of these men would just let their guard down and trust their instincts, then they just might get laid. The problem is not that they are bad people, but the problem is that they are overthinking what is really a simple thing. Most women that have chronic man problems are full of theories about men and have a lot of pseudoscience in their heads about dealing with men, whereas most women that have healthy relationships could not really explain how they do it because they just do what is natural. Those women that have issues are not really "asshole-magnets," but the problem is that they won't trust their instincts and therefore get into trouble.

The worst shortcoming, of the human race, is that we learn to depend so much on our intelligence and our capacity for scheming and strategizing that we can sometimes attempt to apply this gift, which nature has invested in us, to things that it really is not applicable to. This is a large part of why many profoundly gifted individuals can have very dysfunctional and problematic social lives. They are seeded with a defective concept of how meaningful their intelligence is to determining whether or not they are happy or good, and they ignore their other gifts. The most sophisticated table-saw ever invented cannot really replace a good claw-hammer.

Owning a dog and even making love to a dog can actually awaken you to what kinds of people humans can be if they will just accept each other and themselves.

Last edited:
Have you ever considered getting a house cat as a pet? They are much more independent and usually cost less to have. If your number 1 priority is to not be alone, cats can be great companions. It's also easier to travel as cats are generally self sufficient in that all you need is to do is load up water and food and clean the litter and they are good on their own for a few days.
I had a great cat that kept me company when I was single, but commuting 5 hours a day and monthly overnight travel meant I couldn't have a dog.

1. You can be an introvert and own a dog. Just be sure you give them time. They have emotions and feel lonely. If you can't offer them much of your time don't even bother unless you plan to get them a playmate.

2. I spend around 3-400 a month feeding and caring for 3 big dogs. So expect to spend around 150 a month average if you want a dog big enough to safely fuck like a German Shepherd or Pitt.

3. Sex with dogs is nice. Just let them initiate. Read body language. Don't rape or molest them. Otherwise you traumatized them and could get bit. Deservedly if you rape or molest them.

4. Yes many gets will try to get you to do it. When my gshep got parvo they said "Well shell need medicine treatment spaying rabies shots" and I had to shut them down and say look I'm not getting my dog fixed. What do I need right now to keep her from dying. Period. I'm not spaying her.

5. No a lazy person can NOT own a dog. Dogs are active. They are very similar to caring for a kid. Do not get a dog if you are inherently lazy unless you plan to walk them multiple times a day and feed them multiple times a day and care and love them like a child.

6. It depends. Dogs are perfect if you're like me and spend all your time in front of a computer or away from people. If you like being a big spoon and can deal with all conversations being through a computer or something then yes they're great. Just remember you're not getting an animal you can complain to and have them respond to make you feel better they'll just lick your face.

Ask me for any additional questions. These answers apply to owning a medium to large sized dog. Jack Russel's and small dogs are a lot easier to maintain and don't require as much outside time. But if you want a dog big enough to substitute a person take all my information into consideration. As with anyone else that owns larger dog breeds on here.

Back