Opinions on neutering?

Fortunately, my vets are not propaganda idiots. Neutering is only mentioned if someone keeps both male and female dogs together, or if the fence is in poor condition.
Otherwise, no, only if medically necessary (tumor, pyo, etc.)
That would be a normal thinking.

I adopted Pluto as a one year old, intact male. I brought him to my usual vet for his first checkup, shots, the usual things.
After all that was done, the vet asked me "Would Friday morning or Monday afternoon be better for you?"
"For what?"
"Neutering."
"I don't know, what do you think Pluto? Do you want your nuts chopped off so you are more likely to get prostate cancer?"
Pluto, as if on cue, let out a healthy and deep "Vooooooooof", not that he had a clue what I asked.
"There you go Doctor, we'll pass."
Then the vet went on a little bit about male dog spraying, aggressive behavior towards humans and other dogs, and went as far as to say I'd be an irresponsible dog owner if I didn't have it done.
Me, being me, I asked, "Did you neuter your kids? No?" The vet gave me a pissed-off look, paused, and walked away. The orderly who assisted with the visit rang up my bill. She half-whispered "Good for you" while I was writing the check.
Dogs are made a certain way for a certain reason. God, genetic efficiency, evolution, pick one or any it really doesn't matter. Why change a darn good design?
Oh, right, human convenience.
Although the vet didn't ask me this, some of my friends have already asked. I gave them 100 times more jerky answers. Don't worry, they haven't been asked about it more than once. :ROFLMAO:

Then the vet went on a little bit about male dog spraying, aggressive behavior towards humans and other dogs, and went as far as to say I'd be an irresponsible dog owner if I didn't have it done.

I'd have a look at this paper, perhaps mention it if it ever comes up again.
Key take-away is neutering doesn't appear to reduce aggression, but inversely to what is commonly believed, seems to be increased by it.

Reactions: Aka
i meant it more in a way that let's say: @SaltyDog drops the name of the group here. some random "all dogs should be castrated" person doesn't really like them and looks for a way to get that group canceled (canceling stuff one doesn't like being kind of popular nowadays). said random person spends their night (the loudest usually seem to also have the most free time for some reason) looking for mentions of the group around the internet. after some time their search lands here (on a public, freely searchable forum) on zooville.
now, they don't even need to read through anything, the group being mentioned on a forum for animal molesters is enough to "make sense" why they'd be anti-neuter. they take the case of "hey, this group is secretly zoophiles" to admins of facebook and we all know how quick is facebook with anything "not-so-wholesome" (they don't care about truth) and the group disappeared. for no reason besides one person (well two persons, the malicious one also likely believes they "do good") thinking they'd do some good by mentioning them.

i didn't mean it like him mentioning that group and they all somehow get doxxed or whatever.
@nekdoneco123 U have me absolutely slack-jawed! Wow! I never even thought about this angle! Your arguments are brilliant! OK... My hats off to you. I often tend to see the good in other people, and you remind me to not be so naive.

Thank you... 🐕

@nekdoneco123 U have me absolutely slack-jawed! Wow! I never even thought about this angle! Your arguments are brilliant! OK... My hats off to you. I often tend to see the good in other people, and you remind me to not be so naive.

Thank you... 🐕
seeing various news articles about what kind of length are some ppl willing to go to have something no matter how insignificant go their way (even more so if they believe theirs is the "good" or "right" way) makes one a more cautious (and admittedly way more bitter) person. dash of personal experience and there's that....

seeing various news articles about what kind of length are some ppl willing to go to have something no matter how insignificant go their way (even more so if they believe theirs is the "good" or "right" way) makes one a more cautious (and admittedly way more bitter) person. dash of personal experience and there's that....
Wow! Thank you... 🐕

as my current dog was my first dog i didnt know what i was doing. my dog is a small dog so no plan of any sexual interaction so lets get that out of the way lol. i adopted him from a breeder who wpuld only allow the dogs to be adopted after they were neutered and spayed. she does this at around 10 weeks of age very young as a result of this my dogs genitals never matured with the correct hormone levels and yet he still humps i really don’t see the point of neutering dogs. the breeder said she did this to avoid her dogs being adopted by puppy mills i think she has the right intentions but its not what is best for the dogs

she does this at around 10 weeks of age very young
Americans are not fucking normal. Not only in the field of animals, but also in many other cases.
It is not enough that there are states where neuter is mandatory, there is strong propaganda in other states as well (much stronger than in Europe) and they also do it on such young animals.
The hungarian animal protection act stipulates that it is not possible to perform surgery on an immature animal.
They operate to neuter at 6 months at the earliest for those who want it.

It is not enough that there are states where neuter is mandatory, there is strong propaganda in other states as well (much stronger than in Europe)
I blame Bob Barker. 35 Years of Price is Right episodes, and after every single one he told America to go spay and neuter their pets.

I’m my opinion, unless you’re a certified animal breeder, pets should be fixed (or at least have vasectomies and whatever is the female equivalent). All my companions have had long, happy and healthy lives with no health or behavioral issues after being fixed

I’m my opinion, unless you’re a certified animal breeder, pets should be fixed (or at least have vasectomies and whatever is the female equivalent). All my companions have had long, happy and healthy lives with no health or behavioral issues after being fixed
What the fuck?
99.9% of zoos want to have fully sex with their dog, so there are understandable reasons for the opposition.
Sex-compatible neutered makes no sense (vasectomy, OSS), because they do not protect against sex diseases (breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, falsepregnancy). What the hell is the point of such an neutered operation then? Nothing.

The only reason I can think of when these make sense is when the idiot owner fetish on the mating dogs. In the case of OSS or vasectomy there will be no puppies, but there is still mating. 🙄

I blame Bob Barker. 35 Years of Price is Right episodes, and after every single one he told America to go spay and neuter their pets.
Chickenshit face idiot Bob. And this dude is still alive at 99 years old... The spirits of all the neutered animals will torment this filth in hell.

Last edited:
The problem is that the average non-zoo person is an idiot, a fanatic. You can say anything to them and they will still answer that sterilization is good. I have written a lot of comments in such cases in recent years, it made no sense at all, because nothing can be done against a fanatic.

Im exclzoo.:gsd_wink:

This is true. If someone is very patient and skillful, they can compare the comments based on word usage and sentence structure. With this method I found a lot of zoophiles on Facebook who speak my native language.
Win win. Exclusives get Best of both worlds as well as contribute to the well-being of animal welfare

are you seriously asking if any person asks themselves "isn't there too many ppl?" before creating new life with their partner? or think what that does to the eco system? or do it "on purpose" to overpopulate more? are you off your meds again?
Actually yes. Do people actually just overpopulate the world on purpose. The world does need a ethically placed population limit. (similar to half Life series of the anti reproduction field that suppresses The mating instinct)

It's just another one of those things that's significantly worse for most animals than consensual interspecies sex, yet is paradoxically considered legally and morally acceptable by the general population simply because it would be inconvenient for them otherwise

It's just another one of those things that's significantly worse for most animals than consensual interspecies sex, yet is paradoxically considered legally and morally acceptable by the general population simply because it would be inconvenient for them otherwise
Absolutely well said.

Unless there is a distinct health reason for me to desex/neuter then I won't do it. My boy is the only one that had to be done in my current pack, purely because it was necessary. I couldn't be around 100% of the time to ensure he doesn't mount the girls when they are in heat (not that it stops him, he still mounts and has fun lol)

What the fuck?
99.9% of zoos want to have fully sex with their dog, so there are understandable reasons for the opposition.
Sex-compatible neutered makes no sense (vasectomy, OSS), because they do not protect against sex diseases (breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, falsepregnancy). What the hell is the point of such an neutered operation then? Nothing.

The only reason I can think of when these make sense is when the idiot owner fetish on the mating dogs. In the case of OSS or vasectomy there will be no puppies, but there is still mating. 🙄

Chickenshit face idiot Bob. And this dude is still alive at 99 years old... The spirits of all the neutered animals will torment this filth in hell.
Barker died sometime in the last 24 hours....and I think there is an obsession here....yours. If a vasectomy or tubal ligation is available, its a heathier option than a neuter, if for no other reason than that it is less invasive and does little to change body chemistry. That in itself offers some protection agains all the problems you cite. Puppies are not a small issue. Prevention of pregnancy prevents dogs being born to be euthanized....there's no downside.

Barker was not a hero, but he was consistent. The technology available, spay and neuter, was the state of the art for most of his life. Advocating for things you believe in is not a sin, bud. He didnt do surgeries, and his listeners were all free to take or leave his advice. He was not the villain you want to make him.

Last edited:
Masha, did you just kill Bob Barker? Be honest.
No, but all people deserve it who cover up their mental injuries/sexual dissatisfaction with a mania for neutering and then lie about being an animal protector.
Animal protection and animal welfare have nothing to do with neutering.

No, but all people deserve it who cover up their mental injuries/sexual dissatisfaction with a mania for neutering and then lie about being an animal protector.
That depends on your point of view. Interesting analysis....Probably a good thing you dont run the world; most of us would be dead already.

That depends on your point of view. Interesting analysis....Probably a good thing you dont run the world; most of us would be dead already.
No need for drama bro.
If people like Bob ruled the world, zoophilia would not exist and we would all be in prison or in the electric chair.
And no, a vasectomy does not protect against any disease. Puppies are taken care of by a decent zoophile, because does not allow the dog to mate with other dogs.
Don't associate irresponsible pet owners with zoophiles, we have nothing to do with that.
Neutering is a sin. If you like it, if you don't like it. Topic closed.

No need for drama bro.
If people like Bob ruled the world, zoophilia would not exist and we would all be in prison or in the electric chair.
And no, a vasectomy does not protect against any disease. Puppies are taken care of by a decent zoophile, because does not allow the dog to mate with other dogs.
Don't associate irresponsible pet owners with zoophiles, we have nothing to do with that.
Neutering is a sin. If you like it, if you don't like it. Topic closed.
Oh...you are a mod now? Im not a x-tian bud... no such thing as a sin. AND least invasive surgery is less debilitating. In that sense, it prevents other issues. You may not like it, but others have opinions differing from your priestly pronouncements.

The world is changing, wilyou, nilyou. In ten years its possible you wont be able to own a dog, unless its been neutered. You may be forced into that compromise because you cannot hide a dog.

A Decent Zoophile? I suppose I have to give my dog a promise ring and set a date? Most people who own dogs have taught them to deny bodily functions until the workday is done. All by itself that, by your standard, may preclude "decency".
Any surgery, bud, runs a risk of infection, if nothing else. The less time a body is open, the less risk there is. Keeping an eye on a dog in heat is a great idea....normal people often miss the signs...In many places in the US, there are actual laws saying you should be monitoring your bitches, and there are fines on a sliding scale for repeat offenses....they date from the creation of the ASPCA.....how many people know that?....Not many.

What works for you may not be a solution for anyone else. Not everyone is Supermensch.

My family is much for neutering animals as a form of population and behavior control. I disagree, thinking neutering is pretty fucked up, because there are better alternatives like vasectomies or training your dog use a something else to mount on. When they need to release. (I’m just saying this because it’s not generally common for people to let dogs mount humans)

Idk, what are your opinions on this?
Supressing hormones destroys their health, that should never be done. You open ground for metabolic diseases.

You may not like it, but others have opinions differing from your priestly pronouncements.
Do not make me laugh sapling, you don't accept my opinion exactly the same way I don't accept yours. So we are the same. I think my opinion is better, and you think yours is better. It's two nukes detonated against each other. Does not make sense. Let's finish.

Do not make me laugh sapling, you don't accept my opinion exactly the same way I don't accept yours. So we are the same. I think my opinion is better, and you think yours is better. It's two nukes detonated against each other. Does not make sense. Let's finish.

It's not so much that you disagree, but how you disagree. Your arguments have the edge of rabid fanaticism, to the point where you are demonizing anyone not carrying your same viewpoint:

You claim Bob Barker "lied" about being an animal protector, yet on more than one occasion he damaged his career for the sake of his principles in protecting animals. Did you know he stepped down as host for the Miss USA pageant, a role that had been his for 20 years, because the producers would not remove fur coats as prizes to the winners? The fact is he was doing the best he could for animals with the information he had, and at the time it was believed that spay and neuter were the most ethical things to do to control pet population.

Back