Generational Images

JNCO jeans. I had a pair of JNCO shorts in the early to mid 2000s and damn were they good quality. Yes, they still exist today, but the hight of their popularity was in the 90s and early 00s. I'd buy a pair if they weren't going for $200 freaking dollars for a new pair and upwards of $1,000 for a good quality vintage pair! Freaking insane!

View attachment 382920
Wow major flashback, I can't remember JNCO but we had Berny's jeans around the same time, I'm not sure if they were just British/European.
They were baggy and hard wearing skating jeans which always had a double white or red strip down the legs. The first thing to go was always the bottom back of the legs where they kept getting under your trainers, so you usually had to cut them down into three quarters.

th-3427777586.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

8 bit console Famicom AV. That wasn't my first gaming platform (C64 was first) but I spent most of childhood and as a teenager also with playing games on Famicom AV. Is exactly same system like NES but with slightly different cartridges.
My fav games are Kunio Kun series, Jackal, Adventures of Dizzy and fes more. Actually Im playing on PS5 and PS4 but still have few old games and my Famicom console.

And on my screen I see a totally static image, because animated images are the spawn of satan and my browsers are set to disable all animated images.
Ok, here's a description:

The GIF is of a static plane with moving clouds in the background (circa 1987)

Who remembers Koosh Balls? Early to mid 90s

62726E34-9467-4E5D-85C1-B3834A1D3D4C.jpeg

I had like 10 of them, not sure why, they didn’t do much but my favorite one was a Rodger Rabbit one.

B1B9CF05-75CE-42B2-856B-9808E8622ACC.jpeg

Last edited:
Let's see who remembers a late 80s BAD knockoff movie.
img_7787.jpg

0EA05AB6-FF74-4421-ADD2-A441941315DD.jpegB1D293F3-709B-4A75-9E2A-9AAF135F72EC.jpeg
Anyone have a My Pet Monster? I had the red/orange one and my friend had the purple one with the six teeth (left one on bottom image). They were both puppets and one of the things I did with mine was I cut the back of the throat out so that when the monster ate one of my matchbox cars it would look like he swallowed it, and since it was a puppet the car would come out what looked like it’s butt (where your hand would be inserted so you could move it’s mouth). Late 80s early 90s.

Seems to be a whole lot of 80's babies/90's kids in here... No wonder I always feel so at home! <3

Here's my contribution... Remember when memes only had one format - demotivationals? :D

AdminPwnage.jpg

B-cried.jpg

WhosAwesome.jpg

rule-34-shopping-carts.jpg

I played a game with friends and this idea came from it. If this is lame or if it is too similar to another thread, mods please do what you do :)

The premise is very simple. Post a pic, clip or phrase that only people who grew up in your generation would understand. Make sure to say what decade your contribution is from!

Here's mine

1990's

View attachment 334314
Donkey Kong, judge away

E919B022-12BE-4391-8B76-33E06378F897.jpegDD8D8DAC-087C-43E9-8985-76D97401165C.jpeg
Kriss Kross will make you jump, and apparently dress stupid too. I remember dressing like this thinking I was cool like Bugs and Taz only to realize how hard it was to go to the bathroom when I needed to go really bad. Plus the stupid shirt tag would tickle my throat and chin, and when you cut the tag off it left an almost razor sharp stub that only proved to be more annoying. So happy this fad did not catch on. I think it was early 90s.

View attachment 386607View attachment 386608
Kriss Kross will make you jump, and apparently dress stupid too. I remember dressing like this thinking I was cool like Bugs and Taz only to realize how hard it was to go to the bathroom when I needed to go really bad. Plus the stupid shirt tag would tickle my throat and chin, and when you cut the tag off it left an almost razor sharp stub that only proved to be more annoying. So happy this fad did not catch on. I think it was early 90s.
The baggy pants catches on still. Through middle and high most were like that. It started to look like a contest on who's pants can bag the lowest.

The baggy pants catches on still. Through middle and high most were like that. It started to look like a contest on who's pants can bag the lowest.
And the funniest part is, most of the posers wearing them like that have no understanding that it's prison "hanky-code", so to speak, for "I'm lookin' for a sugar daddy to fuck me up the ass/let me give him blowjobs/both in exchange for protecting me from getting beat up by the mean ones".

Back