Generational Images

Noice! I didn't even know that was a thing. Then again almost everything had a clear version back in the day.
Nowdays, the electronic gadgets (TVs/radios/etc) that prison inmates can have are almost universally clear - betcha can't guess why... :)

Nowdays, the electronic gadgets (TVs/radios/etc) that prison inmates can have are almost universally clear - betcha can't guess why... :)
So they can't hide their shivs inside. Lol

As a wild-ass guess - a laser-pointer/projector with assorted images, depending on which cap you put on it?
Yes indeed. These were cool as hell when I was a kid.

Yep, pretty much, I had one as a kid. It was fun making the kitty cats chase it all up and down the house.
This. Absolutely this. Make the cat smash her face into the couch was hilarious.

This. Absolutely this. Make the cat smash her face into the couch was hilarious.
It was also fun shining it on the wall as well. You could have them sprinting from the floor, onto to the couch, then back on the floor. It was also hilarious to point it on them and watch the cat go from "I'm gonna get ya" to "Ah! Get it off me!" 😂

It was also fun shining it on the wall as well. You could have them sprinting from the floor, onto to the couch, then back on the floor. It was also hilarious to point it on them and watch the cat go from "I'm gonna get ya" to "Ah! Get it off me!" 😂
Haha right?! Ever shine one into a light bulb or a glass light cover and the light scatters everywhere in all kinds of crazy patterns.
Lol. That shit was freakin hilarious. What was ever better was my cat knew the sound of the little key chain so if you picked it up she'd come running like in the Temptations cat treat commercial.

Pay Phones... I think the last one I've seen was in a semi-local shopping mall circa 2006, 2007, or maybe 2008. I don't recall seeing one ever since then, and they've long since been removed from the mall in question.

View attachment 372678
I see them reasonably frequently. Mostly because the government demands the major telco (who also owns most of the phone infrastructure) maintain a minimum number of them.

They actually became free to use last year, probably because the small change they earn doesn't cover a fraction of what it takes to maintain them.

I see them reasonably frequently. Mostly because the government demands the major telco (who also owns most of the phone infrastructure) maintain a minimum number of them.

They actually became free to use last year, probably because the small change they earn doesn't cover a fraction of what it takes to maintain them.
Pay phones are making a bit of a Comeback in the States. National Parks are often back-of-Beyond locations whrre wireless phones get no signal. Places like the Grand Canyon are inherently dangerous, but help may not reach a person, if an observer has to run miles for a signal....which has happened all too frequently in the last five years. Wired Phones are the answer.

So they can't hide their shivs inside. Lol

Yes indeed. These were cool as hell when I was a kid.

Laser pointers are actually useful. When I had the Shep, he was so dark that literally, he became invisible at twenty feet. He'd go pelting out the door and I'd have no idea where he was....and coyotes and bears were common there. But when he was a pup, I used to tease him with the red pointer....he got to chasing it whenever he saw it.

I tried the red dot outside one night, and discovered he'd follow it right back to my feet. Simplified both our lives.

tLQfttXkG.jpg

MagicEyeCover.gif

There was one on the wall in my 4th grade classroom when they were a brand new thing, right next to my desk. Took me weeks starring at it during class to learn how to view it, was the only one in my family who could, and I ended up with tons of them as gifts.

I've seen that someplace, but can't pin down when/where... Myst/Riven is the first thing that comes to mind, probably due to the "foggy" quality, and the "mechanical thing that looks almost organic" style, but I don't recall seeing it in either of those games.

I've seen that someplace, but can't pin down when/where... Myst/Riven is the first thing that comes to mind, probably due to the "foggy" quality, and the "mechanical thing that looks almost organic" style, but I don't recall seeing it in either of those games.
Nope. That's just how all early 90s CGI looked, everything was over smoothed and had terrible "organic" textures.

Well, it is under the ocean, and it did have "whiskers". So we're getting warmer.
Ah... Was it the sub from SeaQuest? If so, that explains it - As I recall, it was up against ST:TNG and/or The X-files and/or Babylon 5, which were ALL *MUCH* higher priority to me. I honestly don't remember if I ever actually saw anything of the show other than the promos.

Ah... Was it the sub from SeaQuest? If so, that explains it - As I recall, it was up against ST:TNG and/or The X-files and/or Babylon 5, which were ALL *MUCH* higher priority to me. I honestly don't remember if I ever actually saw anything of the show other than the promos.
Even now I still say the CGI is pretty damn good on ST TNG. The outside views of The Enterprise were always pretty damn good. 496779e4cc7da7cb7a37ef10fba09d3d.gif

Back