Generational Images

Ah, yes... the only (known, anyway) vehicle to ever go over the side while crossing the Mackinac Bridge. Some smartass even wrote a song about it. (It started making the rounds amongst the island workers as a xerox print on Mackinac Island within 3 hours of the incident - wish I hadn't lost my copy of it years ago... <sigh>)
I love Mackinac Island!! Like traveling through time

At that time in UK, ‘Wireless’ was a Radio Receiver.
I guess many young people will think that ‘Wireless lounge’ has something to do with WiFi 😊

From “The body in the library”, Starring Joan Hickson, an Agatha Christie crime story published in 1942.

Attachments

• E92AF27B-E0CA-4190-AE41-DBFF014C4895.jpeg
    E92AF27B-E0CA-4190-AE41-DBFF014C4895.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
The age rating was 6 and up in the Netherlands???
I lived in germany growing up. Kids drank beer. So.... That does not surprise me.

I think sweden or somewhere like it, babies are left outside in their strollers outside unattended. NOTHING will happen to them.

*Edit* sorry, it was Denmark.
*2nd edit* ok, i just read that they are not completely alone. Guess I just read a snippet and got the wrong idea

Last edited:
I lived in germany growing up. Kids drank beer. So.... That does not surprise me.

I think sweden or somewhere like it, babies are left outside in their strollers outside unattended. NOTHING will happen to them.

*Edit* sorry, it was Denmark.
*2nd edit* ok, i just read that they are not completely alone. Guess I just read a snippet and got the wrong idea
Hey we've all been there before. I once believed that in Japan, Akitas were used as babysitters and parents would leave their kids home alone with only their Akitas watching them. Somehow, my brain heard that Akitas were good around kids and were protective of them, or something like that, and my mind straight up decided they were babysitters.

sonic-says-movie-psa.png

il_fullxfull.3256332859_dhwt.jpg

Also can't find a picture of one, but early discmans were such shit that if you moved them while playing the laser would skip, so they sold gel pads to act as vibration cushions for them.
Thanks for making me feel so frigging old and wasted ... ;-)

il_fullxfull.3256332859_dhwt.jpg

Also can't find a picture of one, but early discmans were such shit that if you moved them while playing the laser would skip, so they sold gel pads to act as vibration cushions for them.
Hey! I use (a modern-day, hacked-to-be-bluetooth-capable version of) that to pipe my audio-entertainment into my truck's system!

Kinda wish they would release an HD remake of this game on the Switch. It's a masterpiece.

Metroid_Prime.jpg

It is true that in Denmark it is common to park the pram outside, letting the baby take a nap.
They sleep well out in the frish air. And nothing bad happens, never.
Of course a parent or personel in the kindergarten look after them occasionally, especially when cold weather.

Pay Phones... I think the last one I've seen was in a semi-local shopping mall circa 2006, 2007, or maybe 2008. I don't recall seeing one ever since then, and they've long since been removed from the mall in question.

View attachment 372678
The last one I can recall seeing was in a bus station (Greyhound/Trailways/etc, rather than local/metro) pretty near 10 years ago now.

Back