Generational Images

Even now I still say the CGI is pretty damn good on ST TNG. The outside views of The Enterprise were always pretty damn good. View attachment 382616
... That wasn't CGI. It was a model that was like 10 feet in diameter, and proved how stupidly designed Starfleet vessels are. The saucer made it so top heavy it had to be mounted upside down and all the camera footage flipped.

Voyager was the first CGI main ship.

... That wasn't CGI. It was a model that was like 10 feet in diameter, and proved how stupidly designed Starfleet vessels are. The saucer made it so top heavy it had to be mounted upside down and all the camera footage flipped.

According to the series it was not only designed to move in, but also build in, zero gravity.
If they really did mount it that way I presume they did likewise with the cameras. Thus avoiding to turn the film.

Last edited:
I'm 90% sure that's because they ware actually miniatures.

Is that a fact? You mean to tell me iv been a huge fan of this show since I was a kid and I never knew that?! I knew the original series was models but I could swear TNG was CGI.
Guess it makes sense tho. I did see a Making Of documentary on the movie Star Trek Generations where they used a model for The Enterprise crash scene.
Speaking of Voyager. I know it got a decent amount of hate but I loved that show. Just recently found a channel on the Pluto TV app that plays nothing but Star Trek Voyager. Pretty kick ass.

Speaking of Voyager. I know it got a decent amount of hate but I loved that show. Just recently found a channel on the Pluto TV app that plays nothing but Star Trek Voyager. Pretty kick ass.
Voyager was my jam. TNG was too early for me when it was airing, ended when I was 12, because my 6 year older step brother watched it I saw it as an "adult show". And never saw a single episode of DS9 while it was on the air. Voyager on the other hand.

Voyager was my jam. TNG was too early for me when it was airing, ended when I was 12, because my 6 year older step brother watched it I saw it as an "adult show". And never saw a single episode of DS9 while it was on the air. Voyager on the other hand.
I was never much into DS9 either. It was good don't get me wrong but...eh it wasn't great. I was very young when Voyager first aired but I watch religiously and I always loved watching TNG reruns.

97996D8E-FD11-443C-A93D-412915858B87.jpeg930F154D-347E-44B4-A687-452F2F132824.jpeg
Heres my contribution. Loved that cereal. And I own all the seasons of Shadow Raiders on DVD. Early to mid 90s

Last edited:
432CEBFF-631C-44C8-A7D9-E48AEDEB11B8.jpeg
7A62FFCE-D429-4373-971D-C30A8D5FD091.jpeg
I got these for birthday or christmas but no one ever wanted to play the with me. To be honest they were stupidly easy pointless games. But I loved the mechanical side of them. Early to mid 90s.

I think It was on Netflix, it did suck. If I remember correctly it was a live action/CGI mix that didn’t make any sense.
Yeah, it was live action teens who donned cgi webgear. The most cringe part was one of the character's name. "Googz", meant to reference google as his power was searching out enemy weaknesses, but every single time anyone said his name it sounded like "gooks", an ethnic slur for asians used heavily during the koreans and vitenam wars. It boggles the mind how no one involved in the production heard that and said "now wait a minute...".

Last one for now, California Raisins claymation and toys. I dressed as one of these for Halloween one year. Late 80s (I think)

7A0CFA5C-FCC6-4B9E-B32B-B6330D94C1E2.gifD1B69C01-9EF3-4C3B-9065-5D2DF179EED6.jpeg

Yeah, it was live action teens who donned cgi webgear. The most cringe part was one of the character's name. "Googz", meant to reference google as his power was searching out enemy weaknesses, but every single time anyone said his name it sounded like "gooks", an ethnic slur for asians used heavily during the koreans and vitenam wars. It boggles the mind how no one involved in the production heard that and said "now wait a minute...".
The second I saw the live action part I turned it off. The original was unique for its time.

The second I saw the live action part I turned it off. The original was unique for its time.
Well the original was actually done primarily as a proof of concept for the CGI technology. It specifically pushed the limits of the tech at the time.

Well the original was actually done primarily as a proof of concept for the CGI technology. It specifically pushed the limits of the tech at the time.
Yeah, I saw a “behind the scenes“ type of video for Reboot a few years back I think on YouTube, and I think one of the reasons they went out of business was because of how long it took just to do one scene. I mean they were doing what the movie toystory did several years before the movie and Reboot looked just as good as that movie did, if not better.

I rem

I remember the micro machines commercials
yeah, with the extremely fast talking guy. It’s funny that I never bought them for anything that guy said because, I never understood what he was saying. They were cool enough for me to want just to want.

Last edited:
I remember eating every single one of these cereals. But I can’t remember what they tasted like, did I like them? I do remember the Croonchy Starz tasting disgusting to me. Late 80s to early 90s

1C420DDE-9B83-4499-AADA-23B132C34865.jpeg876B5289-5539-4CA4-B834-9D513249727E.jpeg110DC028-D329-4F1B-81A8-2BD524947D08.jpeg4B031802-647C-4098-866D-62AB0ABF1AA0.jpegE927A69A-2AFC-49FE-A986-09DA84BB0865.jpegF08F3841-3AD8-4BDB-B0BA-9B2CBB6D8C14.jpeg30D9326F-31A0-47BF-961C-785B279AB286.jpeg

JNCO jeans. I had a pair of JNCO shorts in the early to mid 2000s and damn were they good quality. Yes, they still exist today, but the hight of their popularity was in the 90s and early 00s. I'd buy a pair if they weren't going for $200 freaking dollars for a new pair and upwards of $1,000 for a good quality vintage pair! Freaking insane!

Screenshot_20230415-001931~3.png

JNCO jeans. I had a pair of JNCO shorts in the early to mid 2000s and damn were they good quality. Yes, they still exist today, but the hight of their popularity was in the 90s and early 00s. I'd buy a pair if they weren't going for $200 freaking dollars for a new pair and upwards of $1,000 for a good quality vintage pair! Freaking insane!

View attachment 382920
I still have all 5 pairs that I bought in the 90s, and they still fit and are still in good quality too.

I still have all 5 pairs that I bought in the 90s, and they still fit and are still in good quality too.
In my eyes you're pretty lucky then. Growing up I got to wear my JNCO shorts for 3 or 4 years before I outgrew them. It's one of the few items of clothing that my family could actually give to Goodwill because they were in flawless condition, and they were second hand to me as was most of our clothing.

Anyone here remember Johnny Castaway? I always wanted to just sit back and watch him. Every time the screensaver would kick in he would always be doing something different. Not to mention I believe it was in real time, if it was night time in the real world it would be night time on his island. I was never allowed to just sit and watch though ”wasting electricity“, not much different then watching TV to me. Late 80s to early 90s

E889A5D8-F678-420C-8514-F33CC57C2A45.gifC389F993-737C-4560-B530-D3AD2C2CA0EF.gifB9D10B25-C4D4-4688-B19F-D1F20BE5C0F2.gif

Back