Deep quotes you heard or made up?

The notion that humanity as a whole is not always objectively morally good, or is at any point not unquestionably right in judgment, or - perish the thought - that mankind may not be the central axis around which the world revolves, is an idea that is so modest and mild in scope and terms, and yet which causes nearly everyone to recoil in horror as if you had maliciously toppled a grand sacred monument.

The matter in which it is easiest to gain a following by employing paper-thin arguments is that matter which the public considers to be trivial common knowledge, thinking they know the whole of the issue, when in reality there are more nuances and exceptions than they would have ever imagined. And then, the well-studied man who knows of these complexities will begin to try to explain them to the crowd which thinks itself wise, and will sound like a "hairsplitter" attempting to over-complicate an issue that should be "left simple", likely to "suit his own agenda".

"This is my first day, and I don't even have a parking space. I really think you should have a parking space before you're assigned to fight an evil conspiracy."

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
Yep. There's a reason the myth of Pandora had it in the box with all the world's evils, and that it was considered a good thing that she closed the box before hope could enter the world.

"A gay musical called Gay, that's quiet, gay. A gay musical? Aren't all musicals gay? This must be the gayest musical ever made."

“a child tells about his teacher miss Jones, who leaned forward to explain something, and then one of her lungs fell out”

no straight lines on the women at Hooters.
Is that why the police officers on the COPS TV show don't pull out an inflatable woman to lie on the ground for the sobriety test when doing a traffic stop?

In this country our cops just present you with a tubular object to put in your mouth as they are standing at your car window and ask you to blow for them.

Is that why the police officers on the COPS TV show don't pull out an inflatable woman to lie on the ground for the sobriety test when doing a traffic stop?

In this country our cops just present you with a tubular object to put in your mouth as they are standing at your car window and ask you to blow for them.
Not sure I get it right, you write for real or joking?
I tried to be funny about women at Hooters - no straight line, they are all to curvy.

I tried to be funny about women at Hooters - no straight line, they are all to curvy.
Police used to ask you to walk a straight line if they thought you were drunk, so the inflatable woman's curves wouldn't work.

Then he's equating putting the breathalyzer they now use to test blood alcohol level to a penis.

Police used to ask you to walk a straight line if they thought you were drunk, so the inflatable woman's curves wouldn't work.

Then he's equating putting the breathalyzer they now use to test blood alcohol level to a penis.
I think the police could then use the inflatable woman to test if he is ‘straight’ 🥴 well, and sober too.
(in ‘MacBeth’ by Shakespeare, the porter says about drinking : ‘it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance’)

Sorry Humananimal, I was responding to your joke with a joke, Dartel interpreted it correctly.

I suspect inflatable sex toys for animals may not be a good idea though, particularly in the case of felines; those guys are just loaded full of things to make their lovers pop.

Back