Deep quotes you heard or made up?

A father told his daughter, "Congrats on your graduation. I bought you a car a while back. I want you to have it now."
Before I give it to you, take it to a car dealer in the city and sell it. See how much they offer.”
The girl came back to her father and said: "They offered me $10,000 dollars because it looks very old"
Father said: "Ok, now take it to the pawn shop".
The girl returns to her father and said: "The pawn shop offered $1,000 dollars because it's a very old car and a lot of work done".

The father told her to join a passionate car club with experts and show them the car. The girl drove to the passionate car club. She returned to her father after a few hours and told him, “Some people in the club offered me $100,000 dollars because its a rare car that's in good condition.”

Admitting "I don't know" is leagues more respectable
than making up a rationalization and pretending like you do.

A father told his daughter, "Congrats on your graduation. I bought you a car a while back. I want you to have it now."
Before I give it to you, take it to a car dealer in the city and sell it. See how much they offer.”
The girl came back to her father and said: "They offered me $10,000 dollars because it looks very old"
Father said: "Ok, now take it to the pawn shop".
The girl returns to her father and said: "The pawn shop offered $1,000 dollars because it's a very old car and a lot of work done".

The father told her to join a passionate car club with experts and show them the car. The girl drove to the passionate car club. She returned to her father after a few hours and told him, “Some people in the club offered me $100,000 dollars because its a rare car that's in good condition.”
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Many people find it easier to argue in favor of acceptance of their idea, rather than in favor of their idea.
If everyone accepts what you are saying, because everyone else seems to accept it, it's far easier for the sheep to walk into the jaws of the wolf.

Sometime "impossible" gives somene the drive to prove the statement wrong.
"This is the Impossible level, boys. 'Impossible' doesn't mean 'very difficult'. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." - Lou Reed

"This is the Impossible level, boys. 'Impossible' doesn't mean 'very difficult'. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." - Lou Reed
Ok, I'll bring the hot sauce then shall I. I'm pretty sure hot sauce is what goes well with flaming gas giants

I believe there are other worlds out there actually created by evil hypercomputers, but I don't think we find ourselves in one.

"It was Friday night last week. It will be Friday night next week, and every week until we're dead. And even then the whole rotten business will go on and on."

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha

Holding onto your anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” -Buddha

Back