Deep quotes you heard or made up?

"I lose my respect for the man who can make the mystery of sex the subject of a coarse jest, yet when you speak earnestly and seriously on the subject, is silent."
-Henry David Thoreau

"It is better to be an unsatisfied thinker than a satisfied fool.
The wise man plagued with trouble and doubt is better off
than the contented oblivioso who worries not."

You say I'm always bringing up "the negatives".
You want me to talk about the "positives" more.
Well what good would that do?
The positives are what is already right; they do not need any further discussion.
The negatives are what still need to be fixed, and are thus the only points worthy of any serious conversation.

"It is better to be an unsatisfied thinker than a satisfied fool.
The wise man plagued with trouble and doubt is better off
than the contented oblivioso who worries not."
Depends on how you measure ‘to be better’
If the goal is to be content, then your statements is wrong.

Depends on how you measure ‘to be better’
If the goal is to be content, then your statements is wrong.
Yes, every value statement is ultimately subjective, depending on the frame of reference. There is not really a tangible absolute value on anything in every conceivable situation.
However, there are several qualities that are generally seen as positive due to how few situations there are where the opposite is more desirable.
One of these qualities is wisdom; it is generally seen as a virtue to be wise, and is generally seen as bad to be foolish, because there are many more benefits than setbacks to being wise, and many more setbacks than benefits to being foolish.
While being wise is not objectively "good" in and of itself, it does yield a great deal of advantages, so it can be seen as "good" through a utilitarian lens, just like being strong is better than being weak, because there are not many circumstances where being less capable is more profitable than being more capable.

"Animals are basically retards with reproductive rights."
-Some guy on Reddit
We are all animals, but maybe that is what was meant.
Anyway, other animals just differs in what their force is. Could be speed, strength a.s.o.
The animal Homo Sapiens has a mixture of them. We brag about our intellect, but many animals can easily take us out and eat us, or use as food for the offspring.

with regards to relationships... "Never dig through the trash, after it has been taken to the curb. You get wet, dirty, you smell bad, your neighbors see you do it, and what you find is never, ever, as valuable as you thought it was."

Back