Deep quotes you heard or made up?

"Life. Is like a box of chocolates. A cheap thoughtless perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindless wolf down because there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup, english toffee, but they're gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts. If you're desperate enough to eat those all you're left with is, an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers."

If you are confused and in a tough spot, though it may be tempting, do not envy someone who has their life figured out.
They just don't know how screwed they really are yet.

Just discovered gravity, huh? Ain't math hard? :)
No... I've known about it for a while, It's just I do my best to avoid gravity whenever possible, I find it to be too much of a drag.

As for maths, well despite studying university level Calculus I still like the simpler equations like Penis + Penis = Cum

"Violence never solves anything. Trust me, I'm a military man, I should know."
Ahem

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue—and thoroughly immoral—doctrine that ‘violence never settles anything’ I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. "

Ahem

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue—and thoroughly immoral—doctrine that ‘violence never settles anything’ I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. "
Exactly correct. *EVERY* major (and more than a few minor) issue that has arisen at any time throughout human history has been solved through application of violence. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Without so much as a single exception that I've ever found, seen, or been presented with any sort of even the shakiest evidence for.

Exactly correct. *EVERY* major (and more than a few minor) issue that has arisen at any time throughout human history has been solved through application of violence. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Without so much as a single exception that I've ever found, seen, or been presented with any sort of even the shakiest evidence for.
Well it could be said that wars are just natures form of population control, but is it possible that those issues that get resolved peacefully don't tend to make it into the history books, because they are consider non events, since nobody died.

Yes violence can force resolutions, but wouldn't it be nice if we would at least look for other alternatives for a second before we start throwing the hand grenades or rolling out the bulldozers.

I like the Bonobo school of thought best "Make love not war" if someone takes your banana screw their brains out. But of course then some chimp comes along hits them both over the head with a rock while the are busy fucking and walks of with the banana anyway.

It's always funny when someone uses Bonobos as better society. They're still 100 times more aggressive than humans, you know? Yes, they're less aggressive than other chimpanzess, but they're still animals.
Also, bonobos have been observed hunting, killing and eating others apes.

Because a much more interesting comparison between apes and humans is that apes are capable of waging something akin to war against other tribes/families.

An excellent book, though I found the universe presented to be no more realistic than, say, a Star Trek hippie future.

The way I see it, violence is a tool. Like any tool, misapplication will result in the destruction of whatever you're trying to build.

"Someone, somewhere, will always find a reason for war. It does not even need to be a legitimate reason, but rather simply one which can be made to appear legitimate, and which can recruit supporters to its cause. That is easier if one has the weapons to wage such conflict, the will to use them, and no one to stand in their way.”

A glutton need not be fat.
Gluttony is not characterized by how much food one eats, but rather how passionate one is about devouring the food.
Do not allow a glutton to escape conviction by merely demonstrating his vain good health, or his vain moderate diet.

Back