Zoophilia in history

A few years ago, I watch a sensible, normal documentary about Roman gladiators. All good and vanilla (and very interesting). At one point, the aspect of pleasing the crowd was reviewed. This was early showbiz, after all. People wanted to see more ferocious lions, more athletic gladiators, indeed more of everything. If watching humans losing their lives was viewed as entertainment (albeit the modern Hollywood action movie is the equivalent nowadays), the bar was set low on what would be permitted. And that included slave girls, according to the documentary, herded into the arena to be mated by dogs as the crowd cheered and jeered to show the depravity of barbarians. I would love to say the slave girls were granted their freedom and paraded on shoulders through the streets for their magnificent role in zoophilia history. Sadly, no such luck. After being mated, they had their throats cut. To those about to mate, we salute you.
Wow. Interesting but terrible

Wow. Interesting but terrible
There is a book a collection of stories and recollections recorded by various roman authors historians commentators and Lanista
A 60s publication that goes into some detail of animals used in the sexual punishment of women in the various arena's Padua was the Arena most mentioned
Cant remember the author

There is a book a collection of stories and recollections recorded by various roman authors historians commentators and Lanista
A 60s publication that goes into some detail of animals used in the sexual punishment of women in the various arena's Padua was the Arena most mentioned
Cant remember the author
For those about to die the author no idea.

Well as far as we know it was actually nothing new over the history of humanity especially in ancient Greece & Rome with stories of Jupiter and in Hindu-culture aswell as ancient Asian cultures. After the overtake of monotheism & christianity it got very hated and perceived as crazy.
Of course even in ancient times not everyone did it and it was something you wouldnt talk about openly but like today there have been farmers & barns in remote villages where you would get contact with animal sexuality so people got curious and tried dogs etc.
Within monotheistic faiths it was seen as sodomy & big sin so these deeds would get you killed or shamed forever especially in dark ages but still when you look at hindu-cultures animals are an big part there and people interacted sexually aswell like we have statues & scriptures and even islamic empires the high noble & rulers could do inside their 4 walls what they wanted like the Harem and some have been very open for animal pleasure.
All people & cultures did zoophilia some way or another others more and the others not at all still it remains till today taboo and shameful in society.

Attachments

• Persian_woman_with_an_animal_Wellcome_L0033282.jpg
    Persian_woman_with_an_animal_Wellcome_L0033282.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Indiaerotic5.jpg
    Indiaerotic5.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 185
I wanted a thread to free post snippets, pics or accounts of zoophilia in history. This includes governments, religions, past customs and anything else related to zoo history from the past. I think it is good to see how peoples over time have views on zoophilia have changed.
I find it interesting how different cultures/societies have different views, beliefs, traditions and taboos about any topic at hand. So on the subject of zoo history, I’m always intrigued. Especially if it was (is) accepted, or at least tolerated.
In Cartagena and San Antero Columbia (and I know this story is nothing new to many of you) I think it’s great that they encourage the young boys to have sex with female donkeys. Their reasoning behind that is… it will make their penises grow bigger, and because they’re not supposed to fuck girls until they’re married. Seems logical! LOL.

But as many (and dare I say most) of those boys grow into their teens and twenties, I’m quite certain they don’t give up donkey pussy entirely.

I wouldnt spend a lot of time buying into such things. IF they are true, it seems awfully odd that there isnt greater acceptance and tolerance in those areas where that is being said to exist. There are similar stories about the Gaucho culture further South, but you wouldn't consider Argentina to be a hotbed of zoophilia. If there's more exposure growing up, why isnt there a demonstrably larger percentage of members from those places?

Much of what was written in the sixties regarding our Hobby is nonsense. At the time, paperbacks and magazines of a sexual nature were only JUST becoming mailable. Thank Hugh Hefner and Ralph Ginsburg for fighting all the way to the Scoti and winning that ability. Playboy, Fact, Eros, Avant Garde all were subject to arcane laws. When the stops came out, much was published that probably shouldve been trashed.

Much of Zoophilia throughout History has been more of an art form than literature, and more of both those forms than a physical expression of love for animals. There has never been a Burst of animal love in any known culture....there have been bursts of depictions of it in art and story....it does not follow that there were accompanying spikes of activity. The percentages are low and slow, if you will; this is not something that lends itself to fast growth. The disapproval hasnt changed but has marched in an opposite lockstep.

There is no substitute for thought. Any given zoo or bestialist must make his own decisions and conclusions. As life in general, the unexamined zoo life is not worth living...but unfortunately, many seem to think it is. Everyone gets to be who they are....but it takes thought to figure that out. Thought is worth the effort.

Really interesting discussion.
There was an article on the Vice website a few years ago that went into it a little bit.
Thanks for everyone's input.

No thread about zoophilia in history is complete without this prehistoric cave painting from Val Camonica...
Valcamus.gif
That's cool

Really interesting discussion.
There was an article on the Vice website a few years ago that went into it a little bit.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Most of the learned texts that i have read, and i have read a lot seem to ignore an awful lot of written and pictorial evidence , the most facetious is that the depictions and writings are art and not historical records.

A few years ago, I watch a sensible, normal documentary about Roman gladiators. All good and vanilla (and very interesting). At one point, the aspect of pleasing the crowd was reviewed. This was early showbiz, after all. People wanted to see more ferocious lions, more athletic gladiators, indeed more of everything. If watching humans losing their lives was viewed as entertainment (albeit the modern Hollywood action movie is the equivalent nowadays), the bar was set low on what would be permitted. And that included slave girls, according to the documentary, herded into the arena to be mated by dogs as the crowd cheered and jeered to show the depravity of barbarians. I would love to say the slave girls were granted their freedom and paraded on shoulders through the streets for their magnificent role in zoophilia history. Sadly, no such luck. After being mated, they had their throats cut. To those about to mate, we salute you.
what is the title of documentary?

if i'm not mistaken loki was impregnated by a horse lol
She said that to avoid death. Unsuccesfully unfortionatly. She was 16, but it seems that she started having intercourses with dogs much earlier. I have a friend (she is a young widow) who bought a big dog to her doughter for the 12th birthday. After several months (4 or 5), the doughter figured it out why. =) (y) Now both of them are sleeping with him, somtimes even together. <3

if i'm not mistaken loki was impregnated by a horse lol
The god Loki? Yes. Now whether is was intentional or not, the point was, Loki needed to distract the horse, Svaðilfari, so a builder would not be able finish his task in the time allotted (in the end, it didin't matter as Thor sliced his head open later). Loki gave birth to a 6-legged horse, Sleipnir, and was given to Odin. Unsure if Odin knew the origin.

The swan coupling is interesting. An Ancient Greek myth about Leda who was seduced and impregnated by a swan (Zeus in disguise). As well as bearing two kids for Spartan King Tyndareus she bore Helen and Polydeuces for Zeus.

Well as far as we know it was actually nothing new over the history of humanity especially in ancient Greece & Rome with stories of Jupiter and in Hindu-culture aswell as ancient Asian cultures. After the overtake of monotheism & christianity it got very hated and perceived as crazy.
Of course even in ancient times not everyone did it and it was something you wouldnt talk about openly but like today there have been farmers & barns in remote villages where you would get contact with animal sexuality so people got curious and tried dogs etc.
Within monotheistic faiths it was seen as sodomy & big sin so these deeds would get you killed or shamed forever especially in dark ages but still when you look at hindu-cultures animals are an big part there and people interacted sexually aswell like we have statues & scriptures and even islamic empires the high noble & rulers could do inside their 4 walls what they wanted like the Harem and some have been very open for animal pleasure.
All people & cultures did zoophilia some way or another others more and the others not at all still it remains till today taboo and shameful in society.
Thank you! Gotta love the elephant and the bear. Those were some dedicated women!

There were no written documented cases of domestications. But there were cave drawings depicting people working with animals and even some depicting sexual acts dating back to around 35000 36000bce. However trying to find those specific depictions online is difficult. They are in a cave system in France is all the more I can find.
Paintings on cave walls at Altamira may date back 36000 years bce. That does not indicate that those paintings are bestial in topic. In fact they are not. Paintings at Lascaux do have bestial topics mixed into the other narratives but those only date 12000 years ago. Sweeping statements, and glittery generalities are not necessarily truth, and usually turn out not to be factual at all.Trying to assign "legitimacy" to our little hobby is understandable, but if one pursues that course, it must be with facts. At this moment the facts support only the same random occurence 12,000 years ago that one would expect to find today....there is no viable reason to think that anything has changed, except for the presence of more voyuers due to our additional exposure via Internet.

I dont for a second believe people actually had animal heads or bodies, or that humans got animals pregnant, etc. Interesting thread though none the less.

It is a fact that shepherds once spent months at a time in fields with the flock no where near civilization
People get horny, sometimes animals get horny too
Sex happens
Still does
If you think about it, it's really as simple as that. If the opportunity arose and someone felt like fucking a horny animal and they were down to fuck, it happened. No one will ever know how often or how rarely bestiality occured prior to civilization. All we can do is ponder and speculate.

Back