Zoophilia in history

Such a treat to see this thread expand into multiple pages since it's inception and display many things I have seen myself in person, as well as read things taught to me by my own father. Trust me, there is so much more out there and the new generation of open minded researchers are in for quite the social revelation concerning this subject matter. Be thankful the Vatican that exists today is not the same hard core Vatican that existed in the Middle Ages, or none of this would exist for us to see and read. It would either be completely destroyed or hoarded in their archives.

The human race jointly is suffering from a severe case of amnesia about it's ancient past and needs to make every effort to recover that. Zoosexuality was a huge part of ancient society and it was not whispered about behind closed curtains. It was sometimes public and displayed openly in artistic ways. The pottery and paintings is just one example. Another more subtle example was the bold display of anatomically correct male Great Dane statues in the courtyards of the middle class Romans. The dogs were a reminder of the civilization's more humble poor beginnings, when such animals were used like horses for pulling carts and also served as faithful companions to the people that worked with them in all ways.

Last edited:
Such a treat to see this thread expand into multiple pages since it's inception and display many things I have seen myself in person, as well as read things taught to me by my own father. Trust me, there is so much more out there and the new generation of open minded researchers are in for quite the social revelation concerning this subject matter. Be thankful the Vatican that exists today is not the same hard core Vatican that existed in the Middle Ages, or none of this would exist for us to see and read. It would either be completely destroyed or hoarded in their archives.

The human race jointly is suffering from a severe case of amnesia about it's ancient past and needs to make every effort to recover that. Zoosexuality was a huge part of ancient society and it was not whispered about behind closed curtains. It was sometimes public and displayed openly in artistic ways. the pottery is just one example. another more subtle example was the bold display of anatomically correct male Great Dane statues in the courtyards of the middle class Romans. The dogs were a reminder of the civilization's more humble poor beginnings, when such animals were used like horses for pulling carts and also served as faithful companions to the people that worked with them in all ways.
And why would they show a great dane's cock on their "artistry?"

The human race jointly is suffering from a severe case of amnesia about it's ancient past and needs to make every effort to recover that. Zoosexuality was a huge part of ancient society and it was not whispered about behind closed curtains. It was sometimes public and displayed openly in artistic ways. The pottery and paintings is just one example. Another more subtle example was the bold display of anatomically correct male Great Dane statues in the courtyards of the middle class Romans. The dogs were a reminder of the civilization's more humble poor beginnings, when such animals were used like horses for pulling carts and also served as faithful companions to the people that worked with them in all ways.
Sorry, I am home after work and too wiped out to do searches lol--do you have a link to the sculpture?

I found some interesting Chinese bestiality drawings on this website.

FloofyNewfie or any mod, if this link turns out to be against the rules (not sure about what the rules are on historical art and drawings) please let me know and delete the post.

I found some interesting Chinese bestiality drawings on this website.

FloofyNewfie or any mod, if this link turns out to be against the rules (not sure about what the rules are on historical art and drawings) please let me know and delete the post.
Eh, taking a quick glance I really don't see anything too alarming. As long as there's no underage, incest, nor abuse, it should be fine.

I do believe that in ancient cultures having sex with animals was something more widely practised then after the spread of abrahamic faiths like Judaism - Christianity - Islam.
Even the stories of Jupiter show that people used to fantazise about sex with animals.
There are historic hints where ancient civilzations of India - Japan - Persia - Greece had sexual intercourse with animals.
Even today in Japan it looks like thats legal so far i have researched.

Last edited:
I do believe that in ancient cultures having sex with animals was something more widely practised then after the spread of abrahamic faiths like Judaism - Christianity - Islam.
Even the stories of Jupiter show that people used to fantazise about sex with animals.
There are historic records where ancient civilzations of India - China/Japan - Persia had sexual intercourse with animals.
Even today in Japan it looks like thats legal so far i have researched.
If you have the records from China and Japan please do share them. I would like to see them.

For any spanish speakers around here, have a look at this please:

I haven't read this particular study - my Spanish is still a work in progress - but in one of her articles, Miletski mentioned a study on gauchos in Brazil and Uruguay. This study claimed that "bestiality" was part of the gauchos' lives as a herdsmen's or rural tradition, but only as some sort of initiation and not a regular activity.
this is common around here. usually in adolescence. It is common to hear stories of men mating with mares and cows. Obviously it's not something discussed in front of many people. I myself started in my teens with mares and cows along with my older brother.

this is common around here. usually in adolescence. It is common to hear stories of men mating with mares and cows. Obviously it's not something discussed in front of many people. I myself started in my teens with mares and cows along with my older brother.
Around where?

So human/animal coupling is a huge theme in lots of mythology! One major example is the wife of King Minos, who coupled with a bull and gave birth to the Minotaur. Other examples I can immediately think of include animal brides (touched on here), the various exploits of Zeus, and other myths related to shapeshifting. In terms of historical information, a lot of classical authors accuse the Egyptians of bestiality, but, much like today's jokes against the Welsh (or Scottish, Kiwis, etc.) it was likely just an insult. I did find some references indicating that some tribes indigenous to North America seem to not have had a taboo against zoosexual behavior, but I want to do more research into that. And obviously, religion managed to get its hands on this, as it has so many other things. Abrahamic religions have proscriptions against it, in Leviticus 18 and 20, although in the New Testament, some scholars have debated if there remains a proscription against zoosexual acts, based on Jesus' overturning of Judaic law.

I'll let y'all know if I learn more as I do more research.
Cool stuff, and thanks for the info

Ethnogenesis in many mythologies (how a certain nation was born) sometimes involve human-animal mating. The two I can remember is (1) Turkic mythology had a human/wolf hybrids as their ancestors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_mythology#Grey_Wolf_legend). (2) In Chinese mythology, a king promised anyone who killed his archenemy may marry his daughter. His dog did it, and the princess married the dog after a magic process turned him into a human with a dog head (basically an anthro). A few southern Chinese ethnic groups claim that the dog-man and the princess were their ancestor. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhu)
Interesting snippet

Back