What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

• Judaism

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Christianity

Votes: 442 22.7%
  • Islamic

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Hindu

Votes: 12 0.6%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 32 1.6%
  • Pagan/wiccian/ancient religion

Votes: 181 9.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 353 18.1%
  • Atheist

Votes: 698 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 185 9.5%

• Total voters
I was raised in christian beliefs and still stick to them but I got to become more open minded than many of my family members
I tend to believe in a higher power though I let people believe or don't believe what they want.
Tolerance is the magic word 😋

I dont adhere to any and in large part am against organized religions. Personally i believe that all matter is connected by some force or energy that could be seen as a "soul" that things develop over time, this is most observable in animate creatures and their individual personality but given enough time and exposure to other souls even inanimate objects can develop their own

My answer to this always gets a little messy; I'm philosophically an agnostic, I have no evidence to support the existence of a deity but would change my mind if given sufficiently convincing evidence. Practically, I'm an atheist in that I live like there is no higher being governing the affairs of humans, but I enjoy the practice of magick/ritual because of the psychological benefits and utility. If anyone has heard the podcast Placebo Magick, that's a good reflection of my beliefs.

Raised catholic, attended Catholic schools but found it as rules designed to keep you safe.

Smoked DMT a couple times and that stuff sends you to another place but it's beautiful.

Pondering how to respond to this since I got here - still can't :unsure:

If given a voting choice, like when we had the old long-form census, I always chose "Wiccan/Pagan" as it was the last affiliation before I became my path of my own eclectic creation.

I am.... me.

Pondering how to respond to this since I got here - still can't :unsure:

If given a voting choice, like when we had the old long-form census, I always chose "Wiccan/Pagan" as it was the last affiliation before I became my path of my own eclectic creation.

I am.... me.
That's not enough, the gods demand that you surrender! Nothing less will do!

Agnostic.

Some people need something to believe in........................................I am not one of those people.
The problem with not believing is that the believers will "convince" you into believing... Or else.

The problem with not believing is that the believers will "convince" you into believing... Or else.

Oh believe me they've tried and they've tried hard.

My business partner is a very devout Christian and is a Deacon in his church and he finds it incredible that I don't include God and religion in my life.

The thing is that he eats, drinks, and sleeps church and God every waking moment of his life.

We had to come to an agreement that we do not discuss religion at all.

@ZTHorse you have to be one of the best administrators I know. I don't know what I am. I want to have something but with all I have been through I feel a bit lost in this department.
All we know and exist is dependent on what we cannot prove. Conciousness and experience pre-exists all measureable forms of matter or energy. Without it, we could not know about the physical world.

So i tend to keep an open mind on religion.

All we know and exist is dependent on what we cannot prove. Conciousness and experience pre-exists all measureable forms of matter or energy. Without it, we could not know about the physical world.

So i tend to keep an open mind on religion.
Just be careful you don't open it so far your brains fall out - An all-too-common occurrence amongst the religious types, I've noticed.

Just be careful you don't open it so far your brains fall out - An all-too-common occurrence amongst the religious types, I've noticed.
That's kinda the point? It's meant to make your brain mush... But enough of that, I won't derail the thread.

The way I see it, humanity are the true gods. Albeit less of the Zoroastrian/Abrahamic variety, and more of the traditional variety, aka a big mess.

The way I see it, humanity are the true gods. Albeit less of the Zoroastrian/Abrahamic variety, and more of the traditional variety, aka a big mess.
Humans? Gods? Make godlike to the insects, but having so kind of intelligence doesn't make someone a god or a goddess...

Do you mean pantheism?
No. More in the sense that what we see as gods today will be what we become through science and technology in the future. And that will hold true in that future as well, continuing on for who knows how long.

Back