What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

• Judaism

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Christianity

Votes: 446 22.7%
  • Islamic

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Hindu

Votes: 14 0.7%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 32 1.6%
  • Pagan/wiccian/ancient religion

Votes: 183 9.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 355 18.0%
  • Atheist

Votes: 706 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 188 9.6%

• Total voters
I love getting to know zoos and furries spiritual and religious interests and experiences. I do wish this poll had a "Spiritual" option but I chose other. I am deeply spiritual and I'm very open minded with religions. I dont believe we need religions in the world. But I do believe we need the wisdom of the individuals whom most religions were formed around after their passing. Dogma, human stupidity and greed for power have been major problems in many religions that have held back spiritual progress of humanity for a very long time.

I don't know about that. Something about laying with an animal seems awfully sinful
There is something in the OT, though.

Thou shalt not let a witch to live.
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall be put to death.
(Ex. 22: 18-19)

So, yeah, it is a little beyond me how someone can be a zoo and a Christian at the same time? Apparently, your god wants you dead!

Zoophilia is quite ancient. I wish I didn't feel so much guilt growing up in a church going family. The trick is to feel some guilt but keep going anyway, it lets you know you're human, not a horrible person, or thinking you're going to hell because you fooled around with a pet before. Witch/Wiccan/Mystic!

I once saw a guy in the news talking about how a science book was false because it was constantly being revised and edited so it would never be factual. Then he held up a bible and started talking about how it was the word of god and has never been revised or rewritten because god is infallible blah blah. I found it quite humorous considering it was not written in English, it was written by multiple people, and often contradicts itself. Not only that, he was holding a King James "Version" I think Christians only real problem is blindly following what another person says about their faith and not doing their own thinking. Just my 2 pennies.

There is something in the OT, though.

Thou shalt not let a witch to live.
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall be put to death.
(Ex. 22: 18-19)

So, yeah, it is a little beyond me how someone can be a zoo and a Christian at the same time? Apparently, your god wants you dead!
Jesus taught forgiveness. Jesus is against killing those who have sinned. "He who has not sinned, cast the first stone." So you can be a Christian. Jesus was the "lamb of god" so his sacarfice could allow all of us to go to heaven as long as well accept him as our lord and savior and asked for forgiveness. If Jesus didn't then we would have to follow the Torah or old testiment and then we would be killed. So no, our God doesn't want us dead.

I once saw a guy in the news talking about how a science book was false because it was constantly being revised and edited so it would never be factual. Then he held up a bible and started talking about how it was the word of god and has never been revised or rewritten because god is infallible blah blah. I found it quite humorous considering it was not written in English, it was written by multiple people, and often contradicts itself. Not only that, he was holding a King James "Version" I think Christians only real problem is blindly following what another person says about their faith and not doing their own thinking. Just my 2 pennies.
I absolutely 100% agree with you. It's a joke.

Jesus taught forgiveness. Jesus is against killing those who have sinned. "He who has not sinned, cast the first stone." So you can be a Christian. Jesus was the "lamb of god" so his sacarfice could allow all of us to go to heaven as long as well accept him as our lord and savior and asked for forgiveness. If Jesus didn't then we would have to follow the Torah or old testiment and then we would be killed. So no, our God doesn't want us dead.

Yeah, he does (if he even existed). But you can only be forgiven if you repent. Why would you repent if you do something that isn't wrong, like zoophilia? I know I don't.
Also, your God wants you dead for being gay (Lev. 20:13), for being a witch (Ex.22:18), for not keeping the Sabbath holy (Ex.31:14), who worships Molech/Mammon (Lev. 20:2), kids that are being bratty to their parents (Lev. 20:9), if you bang your neighbor's slut wife (Lev.20:10), bang your Dad's wife (Lev.20:11), Dad's who fuck their daughters-in-law (Lev.20:12), cursing and what not. If you read your Bible, there ain't a good damn thing alive anymore once your god is done with you.

Yeah, he does (if he even existed). But you can only be forgiven if you repent. Why would you repent if you do something that isn't wrong, like zoophilia? I know I don't.
Also, your God wants you dead for being gay (Lev. 20:13), for being a witch (Ex.22:18), for not keeping the Sabbath holy (Ex.31:14), who worships Molech/Mammon (Lev. 20:2), kids that are being bratty to their parents (Lev. 20:9), if you bang your neighbor's slut wife (Lev.20:10), bang your Dad's wife (Lev.20:11), Dad's who fuck their daughters-in-law (Lev.20:12), cursing and what not. If you read your Bible, there ain't a good damn thing alive anymore once your god is done with you.
Again, old test. New testiment is what Christans follow. Of course we try to obey old teatiment laws, but Jesus gave 2 comandments. Love thy neighbor and love god with all your heart. As long as we do those two things and leave the judging to god, and do our best not to sin, and if we do, ask for forgivness then all is forgiven.

In my childhood I got raised strongly in confucian way of life, what isn't a religion but a believe system.
It pushes further and further to be- and make the best out of you, and that's exactly the problem with it: while it teaches to have very high mortality and values, it can force you very fast to do things of low morality and value to make the best out of you, to push further and do the best for your family.

In my early teens we visited the 태종사 temple with school, I came back alone kinda often and I always felt inner peace there, then also to other places, basically few times per month. Especially before harder decisions, moments or competetive events I visited those almost every day. Read myself in it, had long conversation with the people there...

So I dropped many hard confucian thinkings, but I would never drop it fully and never could drop it fully, because it cooperates very well with Buddhism. I feel inner peace and joy while meditation or just the feeling of being and it balances my otherwise positive stressful life perfectly out.
What atheists and those who laugh about think I don't really care since it's only for myself.

From liberal muslim family but we are not religious very liberal raised and lots of friends from various religious backgrounds.

Nihilist/Satanist (Temple)

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • II
    The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • III
    One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • IV
    The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
  • V
    Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
  • VI
    People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
  • VII
    Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

I like the Pastafarians but I am Atheist.to Also a student of religion but notto theology. Actually religion is very Darwinian. We invented it for a number of reasons. The obvious is to explain what we don't understand but the other is to protect the tribe. To give it something bind it together and give it strength.

I f people want believe in an ancient superstition fine. Just keep to yourself.

Even though I grew up in Ireland and had a few nuns as teachers in secondary school I've always been an atheist thanks to my fathers beliefs. This past few years I've also become an antitheist due to studying the excellent books by the late Christopher Hitchens.

To more clearly define my answer, for me it's a cross between Pantheism, Polytheism, Eastern religions, Animism, Nature/Earth worship based ones, New-age and ancient mysticism, metaphysics. It's all one anyways. The apparent separation between all these things is an illusion resulting from materialism and fixation on experiencing life purely through the lower senses of the human consciousness. Also known as maya. Everything appears as merely conflicting theories, dogma and wishful thinking until we begin to experience the true power of meditation, deep breathing, start raising conscious spiritual awareness and experiencing life through the higher senses.

I'm not into bs. My religion is, learn it, apply the principles, experience it. Then if it works, believe it.

Last edited:
Back