What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

• Judaism

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Christianity

Votes: 445 22.7%
  • Islamic

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Hindu

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 32 1.6%
  • Pagan/wiccian/ancient religion

Votes: 182 9.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 355 18.1%
  • Atheist

Votes: 705 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 187 9.5%

• Total voters
I was indoctrinated into protistant type faiths... the whole 9 yards till college. Ive been working for decades to undo all the dammage the dogma inflicts upon one... Shame in sex, self, etc. Its taken me decades to dig out.

No more sky wizards for me!

Last edited:
Raised Christian mostly because it's tradition, but almost no one gives a fuck about religion in my family, voted agnostic because it's the closest to how I live life

I’m Christian. Maybe not as active as one I should be, but it is what it is. I was curious what other Christians has to say, but it seems like I’m the first one to comment.

My thoughts on it are that the world as it is now started with a choice, and it ends with a choice. I have already made mine, now I just have to try to be as Christ-like as I can. Anything that happens between that is up to me.

I was indoctrinated into protistant type faiths... the whole 9 yards till college. Ive been working for decades to undo all the dammage the dogma inflicts upon one... Shame in sex, self, etc. Its taken me decades to dig out.

No more sky wizards for me!

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your doing better now.

I am an atheist. The concept of "god", or "gods" (f/m/other) doesn't make any sense per se. If we meet beings with powers that might be described as "god-like", then these powers can just as well be explained by a technological / scientific advantage said beings have. In between there, there is no place for any gods as we understand them.

I was raised nominally Christian, but after reading the Bible as a boy I couldn't reconcile the claims with the world we live in. I had a strong desire to find the "right" religion, so I spent about 20 years studying various faiths. After studying a few dozen faiths I eventually started reading philosophy and was much happier with it. As for my claimed religion, I am a follower of His Noodly Goodness, The Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's one of the very few religions I've found that is compatible with what we see when we look around. A part I really like is that the FSM deliberately hides from view and if you perform an experiment that would uncover his existence, he makes subtle changes to your data to remain hidden. Try to find him and fail, proof of his existence! :p

I am occasionally asked if I am an Atheist or an Agnostic, which never fails to amuse me since I am familiar with the origin and popularity of the term "Agnostic", which comes from TH Huxley, who coined the term because claiming oneself as an Atheist at the time had rather severe legal repercussions. So when asked, I tend to ask "What's the difference between them?" The responses are often amusing.

I am occasionally asked if I am an Atheist or an Agnostic, which never fails to amuse me since I am familiar with the origin and popularity of the term "Agnostic", which comes from TH Huxley, who coined the term because claiming oneself as an Atheist at the time had rather severe legal repercussions. So when asked, I tend to ask "What's the difference between them?" The responses are often amusing.

Oh interesting. I’ve always heard it as you believe in a higher power but don’t want to ascribe it to any religion.

I'm an atheist. The major religions of the world are too human-centric. Considering the size of the cosmos, and how small Earth is, it seems arrogant for humans to make themselves the center of everything (in the form of religious worship). Not every religion is like this, but the monotheistic religions tend to be like that -- for example, a human is at the center of a given religion. Also agree with CetaceanLover23 that a lot of religion is superstitious nonsense.

Also, some major religions treat non-human animals as being "below" humans, which I don't like.

Last edited:
I'm an atheist. The major religions of the world are too human-centric. Considering the size of the cosmos, and how small Earth is, it seems arrogant for humans to make themselves the center of everything (in the form of religious worship). Not every religion is like this, but the monotheistic religions tend to be like that -- for example, a human is at the center of a given religion. Also agree with CetaceanLover23 that a lot of religion is superstitious nonsense.

Also, some major religions treat non-human animals as being "below" humans, which I don't like.

You and I seem to think very similarly. Humans are mammals, and no more worthy of life or happiness than any other sentient lifeform.

I’m Christian. Maybe not as active as one I should be, but it is what it is. I was curious what other Christians has to say, but it seems like I’m the first one to comment.

My thoughts on it are that the world as it is now started with a choice, and it ends with a choice. I have already made mine, now I just have to try to be as Christ-like as I can. Anything that happens between that is up to me.
Same here mate, you're not alone ?

Back