What is your most favorite Video Game of all time?

Nice to see the love for Rimworld with a few of you. Dwarf Fortress brought me to Rimworld and Rimworld brought me to imprisoning my enemies ans selling their organs to roving traders ._.

You cannot have only one

- Fallout: New Vegas
- Skyrim
- Link's Awakening
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- Resident Evil 4
- Super Mario World
- Kirby Super Star Saga
- I know some people don't like it but holy fuck CoD: MW2019 is the most fun I've had since BO2
- Dying Light
- Minecraft

The original Resident Evill. Silent Hill 1 and 2 are close runner ups as are Mortal Kombat 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. Also love Capcom vs SNK

There are so many I like from recent years that I can't name just 1.
But I always remember Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen's Oddyssey. I played it as a kid in the late 90s.

Pong

Jk heh. Maybe Gran Turismo 2 for ps2. The soundtrack was energetic and fit the game really well, and there was a very good feel to the physics despite the boxy look. Taking an Escudo Pikes Peak around the test track until it wheelied at 250mph was badass and the license system really gave you something in skill.

i know i already answered this with another selection, but i keep thinking about what a life-changing experience breath of the wild was for me...this is the only game i've ever played that truly felt like an adventure, as in it actually felt like a vast realm that i was exploring and conquering myself...that doesn't really explain it, but i've rewritten it five times and i can't figure out how to express it properly. other games are great at giving me that sensation of freedom and exploration, but i'm always aware that i'm interacting with a game controller to make the in-game avatar do what i want him to. when i play BOTW, i forget that there is any distinction between myself and the shirtless elf boy wailing on moblins with their own spears.

it probably helps that i always make sure to be medium-high when playing it, but even after i come down, i still feel like every game session was a unique chapter that i created for my own personal adventure, different from anyone else who has ever played the game. even random encounters feel like action setpieces, like my epic clash on that long bridge at sunset...there are plenty of gaming moments from various games that will stick with me forever, but most of the time they're the same cutscenes or boss battles that everyone else who plays the game also experiences. in this game, they're all uniquely mine, or at least they feel that way...like when i accidentally stumbled onto kakariko village while i was just wandering around climbing mountains, and the camera sped off onto its predetermined cutscene path through the village, but the devs expected me to come in from the road so i alone, by pure chance, got to crest that mountain and see the full panorama of the village laid out before me as the camera plunged down into the caldera.

so many moments like that...the shrine puzzle that wanted me to carefully tilt the controller to navigate a heavy steel ball through a maze, but i got fed up with it and simply tossed the ball through the air into its target, landing it by pure luck on the first try. or, finding and taming my first wild horse. or, the first of many times i saw a faint light in the distance and leapt from a tall tower on a hang glider just to see what it was.

i stand by my original choice of night in the woods for my favorite game ever, but breath of the wild easily takes the prize for sheer unadulterated joy

My first favorite Game was Zelda Ocarina of time, then came TES Oblivion and i could not stop playing in that world. Then Skyrim and curremtly Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I hope Biomutant will be good.

That's a difficult question.

It would have to be between:
Bloodborne, Ōkami, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Xenoblade
Chronicles

I can't choose just one.

My first favorite Game was Zelda Ocarina of time, then came TES Oblivion and i could not stop playing in that world. Then Skyrim and curremtly Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I hope Biomutant will be good.
LOVE oblivion, HATE skyrim...i know i'm in the minority there, but they did away with all of the weapon/spell customization that made oblivion so much fun for me. and i know this is also just me, but i also feel like skyrim just looks boring...there's barely any color besides grey and brown, and some locations are admittedly breathtaking, like solitude or the mage's tower, but most of the time there's a snowstorm going on anyway so you can't even see them.

if i could make ONE wish about TES6, it would be for the return of multi-effect spells and enchantments...if i could make two wishes, the second would be not to force me to equip spells like they are weapons. the fun of playing a mage is in having an arsenal of crazy magic spells at your fingertips, but in skyrim equipping a spell just feels like selecting a gun from any rando first-person shooter

I'm almost the opposite, I love both Morrowind and Skyrim but don't like Oblivion.
i really wanted to like morrowind...it's got a wonderfully bizarre aesthetic, but the game mechanics just killed the fun for me. i mean, my first char was a wood elf thief who specialized in bows, and i remember starting the game, finding a bow and some arrows, and setting out to kill something...only to fire arrow after arrow directly into its face as it murdered me, because the game calculated that i was missing EVERY DAMN SHOT.

i was probably spoiled by playing oblivion first, which calculated DAMAGE based on proficiency, but always registered a hit when you physically connected with an enemy. it was just so frustrating to start out with like 65/100 in marksmanship, and not be able to hit ANYTHING.

i bet i'd like it if i played a good mod...would love it if there were a way to simply play morrowind with the mechanics from oblivion

If I had to pick one and only one, I'd say Skyrim. The problem is, it really depends on what I'm in the mood to play at any given moment.

I have to add one game: “Summertime Saga”... OMG its incredibly erotic, even in just 2D with animations. They storyline is incredible, and the dialogue is fun, but the artwork is nothing short of Fap-Hall-Of-Fame. We really enjoy the pregnancy aspect of the game, and the lactation. Hell, one of the characters is a hucow. There are mods to turn the landlord, and the”other tenant” into your mom and sister, as well as turning moms friend into your aunt. I cannot tell you how erotic the scenes are, its just incredible. I really enjoyed the aspect of getting the characters pregnant, and watching their baby bumps and breasts grow.

Believe it or not, there is actually an option to choose the sex of one character. When you get to the “remove panties? You get to choose between whether or not “she” has a bulge, or no bulge. But of course, that ends up changing the gameplay and storyline.

Technically the game can be described as a 2D visual novel dating simulator, but thats like call a Bugatti Chiron a “car”. It’s a really fun game, but expect to get sucked into it for hours. I think my longest binge was like 15 hours, but I I enjoy repeating the sex scenes with characters as much as possible, to see if it will open up new options.

There are many games that I love, I hope I don't miss some of them:

Warcraft I, II, II
World of Warcraft
Starcraft I
Suikoden I and II and both the soundtrack
Morrowind with tons of mod <3
Night in the woods and the soundtrack
The Heroes of Might and Magic saga since the second chapter
Final Fantasy 6 and 7 (and obviously the soundtrack!)
Simcity 2000
Doom and Doom II

surely I miss some game that I love

Right now Gundam Extreme VS Maxiboost On is my favorite game, FF7 Remake being a close second.
The FF7 remake has been really satisfying, but I just love me some fast-paced, giant robot fighting.

Morrowind with tons of mod <3

How often did your game crash?

Back