Talk/type like a BOOMER

Goddamn millenials. Killing the zoophilia industry! Back in my day we had to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and walk 4 miles up hill both ways to stand in line to get a turn with the neighborhood dog.

Is this like the 'millenials are saving the housing industry, but only because they want yards for their furry companions'?

fetchimage

It's not impossible. I'm 25 and mortgaged my house at 24. I took a shit ton of work to get to this point though.
strongly depends where you live. It's not impossible for sure, just requires an actually decent job or being frugal on everything (or both for bonus effect). Pandemic has made it worse, but hey maybe the housing market will crash a bit at least.

I definitely didn't get the seemingly easy ride a good amount of Booners got. I had to scrape together every dime a made.

Yeah, would be nice to be able to work a full-time minimum wage job over a summer and be able to afford a house by the end of it. I know my grandfather was making $60k/year of 1950's-60's money working immediately after highschool, no education.

Finding jobs now would be incredibly rough. so many desperate workers and the competition is huge. Where I'm from; you need to be overqualified for a position to be considered, there's a lot of people looking for work and not enough positions- especially for jobs that pay a decent amount above minimum.

I've been keeping up with the housing market, and on average the cost per square foot has actually gone down since the pandemic. Especially on manufactured houses, their price are seemingly 2/5 cheaper than what they were going for, pretty pandemic.

Well that's at least a silver-lining to everything going on! I was worried I'd have to scrape together some mud and make myself a hut lol. Sure some blame is on me, I could've lived a more financially responsible life- something the boomers rarely had to do.

Yeah, would be nice to be able to work a full-time minimum wage job over a summer and be able to afford a house by the end of it. I know my grandfather was making $60k/year of 1950's-60's money working immediately after highschool, no education.

Finding jobs now would be incredibly rough. so many desperate workers and the competition is huge. Where I'm from; you need to be overqualified for a position to be considered, there's a lot of people looking for work and not enough positions- especially for jobs that pay a decent amount above minimum.

Well that's at least a silver-lining to everything going on! I was worried I'd have to scrape together some mud and make myself a hut lol. Sure some blame is on me, I could've lived a more financially responsible life- something the boomers rarely had to do.
Man, you really talk like Boomers!

Oh man, that reminds me of a story my grandfather used to tell me. He has a high school education and got a really good job shortly after graduating. He'd buy new cars, act stupid, wreck them, and turn around and by another new car. He figures he's gone through about 8 cars this way until joining the military.

Indeed it is in some areas. I got a bit lucky with my position, well a mixture of luck, education, and persistence. Sadly out of all the people I knew in high school, only 4 of my prior friends are living on their own and only one in a house. A house his daddy gave him. The rest still live with their parents. When starting out most workplaces already expect you to have 5 years experience in the field. The old "I need work for experience, you need experience to get the job" catch 22.

I'm unsure of the housing market in Canada (judging from your signature.) I only know this to be the case in my local area in the states.

IM SO ANGRY!!!!!! GRRRR MY GRANDDAUGHTER VAXXINATED HER BABY!!!!! EVEN AFTER TELLING HER ABOUT ALL THE DANGERS!!!!! LOOK FORWARD TO AUTISM AND CANCER AND DEATH EMILY! YOULL REGRET NOT LISTENING TO NAM-NAM!!!!

I'm unsure of the housing market in Canada (judging from your signature.) I only know this to be the case in my local area in the states.

It's bad in places like Vancouver/Toronto. it's not quite New York or LA, but still like 350-600k for a basic 2 bedroom house. However I'm not in Toronto anymore (now in central Canada) so it's going to be a lot easier to get a house (would probably cost 150-200k for the exact same house, depending on area of the city of course).

I hate my wife and kids. I resent them for stealing my youth and making me regret not riding off with Stacy Moynihan after prom in 1968. Stacy, if you're here, I got my act together, I promise. My truck's got a few hundred thousand miles on it, but just put on a new tranny and she purrs like a kitten. Take me back, Stacy. Todd got shot down in Bien Dien Phu, he's not coming back, I don't care what the VFW says, you don't have to wait for him. He'd want that. So would I. I won't even ask you to touch me the way you did back in tenth grade under the bleachers. Just sit with me, have breakfast. Talk to me. Somebody please talk to me. I'M SO ALONE! MY KIDS WON'T TALK TO ME ANYMORE, THEY'RE ALL ON TWITTER LEARNING GENDER STUDIES PROPAGANDA THAT SAYS I'M EVIL BECAUSE I'M A MAN! My prostate's enlarged so much I can't sleep for an hour without getting up to use the bathroom, and of course in the winter my knees act up and it makes it hard to go over. Does Lauren care? No, she doesn't. She's just sobbing because the last kid went off to college and I still can't retire for five years because they cut my hours at the plant. They promised, Mr. Windham promised me I'd have a pension with the company, and then WHOOPS DOWNSIZING MARKET CRASH NOTHING WE CAN DO GUESS YOU'LL HAVE TO RELY ON YOUR KIDS!. Lazy, that's what they are. Entitled pricks. Environment this, corporate that, just don't want to do the work like I did. And now my boy Jerry has a boyfriend, and I try to be civil, but he's Filipino and looks so damn young. Reminds me of Seamus back in 'Nam. I'd have taken a bullet for him, but he did for me instead, and it broke me. Just killed me. I wanted to die then and there, but here I am dying a little everyday, hating myself because I wasn't brave enough to distract the Cong like that sweet little fella. Just wanted to scoop him up and kiss him and hug him and say it'll be alright. Not in a gay way, though. Manly, real feelings, not this sissy dance music crap they place. And what the hell is this mumble rap nonsense they got on there. CLUB RADDA RADDA ASS RADDA RADDA BOOTY RADDA RADDA BLUNTS! Music died along with Freddie Mercury, and in its place we have all these whores and sluts and degenerates.

Just kidding! Happy anniversary!

Back