People with Packs, How did it Happen?

I purposely got my first boy as a rescue. He was skin/bones, scars, chained in someones back yard, heartworm + and all. I don't know much about his past or how old he is, but he is my everything. Very happy with just him and a new place to live, we settled fast. I had no intention of getting another dog, but an acquaintance of a friend knew someone who had puppies. I decided on one of the pups knowing I had the capacity to give him a good home. They got along fantastic, and he did train quickly. One year later, the same irresponsible person who never ended up getting their dog fixed or moved, had even more pups. I know a lot of the first litter went to fight because of the breed/area, and there were already people asking for this entire litter... (I did find homes for 2 of them boy/girl) Against better judgment, I took another pup because I have a soft heart, although he did end up becoming one of the sweetest animals I have ever met. Truthfully, I never imagined I would ever have more than one dog, but I wouldn't trade any of them for anything.

First one was planned, I've been collecting homeless cute boys too.
the dogs that find their way to us are cared for and put in foster care. The guys that stay here are assessed and given opertunities. Most of them drift in and out. Several have turned the corner and can provide for themselves.

Heck some are then able to pay it forward to someone else in need. This is why It's important to be successful in business.
And why I don't buy new cars. You know how many people you can feed with 25k in a year?

I don't have kids, this is what I wanted to do with my life.

If I was smart I'd register as a halfway house and get reimbursed by the state. But then I wouldn't be able to pick and choose who I take in.
Some people are beyond help.

One of the dogs was a rescue we didn't intend on. We were visiting a friend who runs a small rescue and this fella just kept trying to play fetch with me. I have a love for interactive dogs, so he came home with me as a foster and we failed and became his caretakers.
The rest have been picked from breeders for various qualities and reasons, most of those reasons entirely unrealted to zoo stuff.

I don't have kids, this is what I wanted to do with my life.
I can't have kids, so my boys are my everything. They will love you unlike any other sentient being.
One of the dogs was a rescue we didn't intend on. We were visiting a friend who runs a small rescue and this fella just kept trying to play fetch with me.
My heart also melts for the boys who can't help but play. They are so innocent and sweet.

Back