Northwestern Zoophilia Study & Survey - Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most questions seemed like they think we picture ourselves as an animal while with an animal.... But although I'm incredibly turned on watching a stallion mount a mare I don't really imagine being the stallion I picture myself burying my face in the aftermath then mounting her myself.
I think the key word is "non human animal" Sex (at least to me) is a lot about the animistic side of being human.

Most of the questions I did not have a problem and about 1/2 of the questions did not even apply to me. I did however wish that there would have been a section at the end for comments about the survey. There were a few questions that dealt with consent. I know that almost anybody outside the community would consider animals to not be able to give consent and therefore it is then considered abuse.

I wanted to explain that even though my dog cannot give verbal consent, I think his desire is quite clear when he is humping my leg like crazy. so is it abuse to let him suffer without relief or to give him a good hand-job or something more? ;)

Many people are talking about tor browsers. How do you all feel about browsing in private mode?
Private mode is only private to your own computer... to the rest of the internet you're still the same IP address, maybe a couple of missing cookies but it doesn't protect your identity online.

Im dissapointed nearly all of ther survey focused on the fantasy thats dissapointing

Private mode is only private to your own computer... to the rest of the internet you're still the same IP address, maybe a couple of missing cookies but it doesn't protect your identity online.

Not OP, but I'm unable to do the survey because I access Zooville with VPN + Tor.

How secure would it be if I copy the survey link and paste it into a Firefox private window while connected to my VPN?

I'd like to take the survey if possible but I don't want to risk my anonymity.

It doesn't have to be the worst or the best survey to make dopes out of people. This looks suspiciously like someone cooked up a cheap way to do research for another biased book. Some time back B/F had a similar situation going on, supposedly out of an Australian University. Eventually it faded away, but it generated a lot of angst while it was active.

Think about this....WHAT are these people going to learn about a life issue from an online QUIZ? All of us involved, regardless of our backgrounds, are individuals. Each of us has a lot in common, but we also have all the quirks and twitches that make us who we are, male, female or other. Studying Zoophilia involves Psych batteries, lifestyle batteries, gradeschool test results and a host of other metrics that are NOT going to come from anything that is online only, and what amounts to lowest-common-denominator evaluations without personal contacts with ANY of us. a representative baseline for such a study cannot possibly be established in a few minutes of multiple choice questions. Who is funding such a study? what are the reasons for it, and WHY NOW? How is the scientific world going to benefit from this knowledge?

What this really looks like is a sophisticated email address list builder. Information so-garnered could be used for any number of things, most of them not of benefit to you and me, folks. Maybe its some post-grad looking for a Masters or Doctorate subject testing practicality. Maybe its LE testing a DIFFERENT sort of practicality. Is ANYbody here a Northwestern U grad, Student, or Alum? If so, such a person might check out the legitimacy of this Study. Wishful thinking isn't going to assign any reality to such a research project. Facts will.

Thank you all to those who were selected to partake in the Phase 1 of this survey.

Now the survey will opened up to the Zooville General population. Guests cannot see this link, only registered users can see this post and reply back.

-If you are going to share this survey on social media, please link to the thread and not the survey directly. This way they have to signup for ZV and atleast might delay any possible attacks on the survey.

Best regards,

ZT

This is a very good survey. Very complete

What's the email to them again? I thought there would be a final thoughts section for comments on the survey so I could give a suggestion or two, but there wasn't one. And now that I finished the survey, I can't go back in the initial page.

Im dissapointed nearly all of ther survey focused on the fantasy thats dissapointing
It's quite deliberate actually. Fantasy is perfectly legal. Actions may not be. Asking about fantasies keeps everybody safer, eliminates people who have acted/experimented but do not have zoophilic attractions, and opens up responses from people who do have fantasies but are not able or refuse to act on them, and helps decrease self-censorship over fear of being caught 'on record.' Dr. Kinsey asked about action in his studies in the 50s, and that was a mistake.

Not OP, but I'm unable to do the survey because I access Zooville with VPN + Tor.

How secure would it be if I copy the survey link and paste it into a Firefox private window while connected to my VPN?

I'd like to take the survey if possible but I don't want to risk my anonymity.
Provided your VPN isn't one of the seven recently caught retaining connection logs (UFO VPN, FAST VPN, Free VPN, Super VPN, Flash VPN, Secure VPN, and Rabbit VPN) despite advertising themselves as no-log services, it should be enough. There's nothing illegal about answering this survey in most countries. The site is protected with TLS. It does not ask about things you have done. It does not ask for personal details at all, and does not retain anything. The most an adversary would be able to claim is that your VPN connected to a survey hosted on a platform specifically built for taking surveys. The adversary would not have access to your responses, and neither would the survey host.

If you're feelin fancy, you can make a tor proxy out of a raspberry pi or a VM using Torpi, connect to that first, then connect to your VPN through it. TCP connections only. But it would be easier to just use some free wifi that isn't your own.

Thought that survey was about zoo, but there are only some basic zoo questions, and the majority is just an endless "do you identify as a [insert gender here]" and tons of follow up questions that all basicly mean" are you sure? “

I mean, I understand that the gender is important, but if I have to answer like 200 questions about my gender I atleast to expect all important zoo related questions,not only 60 % of them.

Last edited:
Thought that survey was about zoo, but there are only some basic zoo questions, and the majority is just an endless "do you identify as a [insert gender here]" and tons of follow up questions that all basicly mean" are you sure? “

I mean, I understand that the gender is important, but if I have to answer like 200 questions about my gender I atleast to expect all important zoo related questions,not only 60 % of them.
People are complicated; zoos are complicated. It's OK that not all the questions were relevant to you. They are to someone else ?

People are complicated; zoos are complicated. It's OK that not all the questions were relevant to you. They are to someone else ?

I don't say the questions weren't relevant. I just say, while the gender identification in the survey is quite deep and detailed, the zoopart is only very shallow.

I don't say the questions weren't relevant. I just say, while the gender identification in the survey is quite deep and detailed, the zoopart is only very shallow.
Hmm. What do you think was missing? Be specific if you can.

Hmm. What do you think was missing? Be specific if you can.

For example:

"had you ever had sex with an animal?"

"do you find animal body parts more arousing than thair human counterpart?"

"do you prefer an animal partner over a human partner?"

i think the survey intentionally left out straight-up asking about illegal activities... i can imagine not many ppl wanting to answer that anyway

For example:

"had you ever had sex with an animal?"

"do you find animal body parts more arousing than thair human counterpart?"

"do you prefer an animal partner over a human partner?"
Yeah, so point 1 can't be included for reasons already covered earlier. It skews results and puts people at risk. The others are addressed implicitly by the arousal scale questions but I agree there could have been a more direct approach. Buy hey, this is only the first effort, hopefully more will follow in the coming years.

Well that was more or less what I expected it to be.

Like most, I was a little annoyed by the "cartoon animal" part. Obviously investigating the furry/zoophile overlap, but "cartoon animal" is so non-specific as to be kind of meaningless.

Well, I filled out the survey, and then checked this thread to see everyone talking about using VPNs/Tor, which I didn't, and now I'm afraid I've ruined my life! Yay!

This was fascinating. It actually helped me look at my interests in a much more granular way, and get a better idea of where I fit within the zoo world. I'm apparently more of a furry than I realized. It also sort of blended therians together with primals in a lot of ways. I'm a Primal, I don't want to be or believe that I am some other species. But I am very in touch with the wild animal that lives in the primitive part of my brain. those are not the same thing.

Well, I filled out the survey, and then checked this thread to see everyone talking about using VPNs/Tor, which I didn't, and now I'm afraid I've ruined my life! Yay!
Eh, I doubt it. As long as you don't have any PII (personally identifiable information) on here. I highly doubt that the government boogeymen will be ascending out of helicopters, smashing through your window, and dragging you off to prison. Plus any evidence given on this survey is purely anecdotal.

With that being said, it is better to play it safe rather than sorry, and I'd have at least used a VPN myself. But I highly doubt anything will come of it.

I didn't know if cartoon animals referred to 3d animated lifelike models or hand drawings. Those are quite different! I had uncertainty about a few questions and how I should answer them but I just made my best guess.

Interesting survey, seemed to be heavily weighted around 'are you a sexual deviant' or 'are you disassociative surrounding your gender' although I guess they need to cover all bases surrounding the backgrounds. Hope I form part of the balanced view :)

Geez that servey was long asf. Honestly it asked more gender related stuff than anything. Someone going to read my survey and be like " yup hes a closet freak" ?

I hope the survey is evaluated carefully, seeing how it concentrated on fantasies, arousal, one's self-image etc., but hardly actual actions and none that are currently illegal in the US.

We know from other areas that there is a huge gap between fantasy and real activity. What's arousing in fantasy can be utterly undesirable in reality. For example, about half or even more of the human female population has rape fantasies (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19085605/). This, however, does not mean that one in two women would be okay with or even enjoy being raped.

Asking questions about fantasies will shine a light on which fantasies people have. It won't necessarily tell what people do, want to do or enjoy doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back