Is there a scientific reason for animal attraction?

I don't know if there is a scientific reason, but if someone asks, I will make a serious face and declare I am doing it "only for the science"

So... yes, it is a scientific reason

😁

My guess is that it would be psychological. In the few posts I've seen on "how did you become a zoophile", the running theme seems to be that when you are younger, in your early-mid teens, people are either exposed to it in some way or find it online. If this happens during a time period when hormones are high, your brain may associate the act of zoophilia with a sense of arousal, and further exposure cements that connection, until it becomes a part of your psyche.

I'm not a psychologist though. However, this is the prevailing theory presently on how people develop sexual 'kinks' and 'fetishes' There is an article published by the University of Richmond, which, while not a proper scientific report, at least gives a rough overview of how they form. You can find it by googling 'fetish formation scientific literature', it should be neat the top. Hope that answers peoples questions!
That is an interesting perspective. I fall into the category you describe where I experimented and experienced young and continued and to be honest, although I had to keep it a super secret it did seem natural.

Fast forward to today, I buried that part of me for a long time but now I am active again and it was like before, a normal and natural bond with my companion. I never really thought of it how you described, but in my circumstance I agree!

*wing-shrugs* The first place I would look is the anterior cingulate cortex, frankly. The cingulate is just a weird-looking part of your brain that is snaky and long and wrapped, kind of like a belt (but really in the shape of a "c" turned 90 degrees to the right), around the central part of your brain. "Anterior" just means "front." "Cortex" just means "the part on the surface where most of the information is really stored." The anterior cingulate cortex plays a very important role in distinguishing, as far as your social relationship, between humans and animals and and inanimate objects, among other functions. If a serious researcher did not start there, then I would be surprised.

I'm sure there are many factors that go into it and not sure it's "scientific" at all I more think it has to do with life experiences that mold us over time and the paths our brain develops
I can remember events in my early childhood. Seemed insignificant at time but it’s all those little things that built my interest and desires.

Not much science research out there really. More then likely do to the taboo and the fact we’re trying to avoid prosecution or possible career ending situations. I don’t have a direct answer for it nor will I ever most likely. The important part is taking part safely and with proper consent and understanding of what your doing .

I guess that besides the whole deal with society and how it influences the thoughts of us individuals, it probably has to do with neurological development. Seen many neurodivergents here in the community so I'd say there's a chance of a potential link.

Back