Is anybody else just fuckin lonely?

long divorced, longer than some of yall have been alive. lost my daughter, 29, 2 years ago to sleep apnea. I live in Georgia. My son lives in Rhode Island. yes I get lonely. Got a great job at Wells Fargo and own my house but I throw myself out there on here and other sites cause I need to.

I like to meet. Does me alot of good

Covid lockdown wasn't as harsh on me since I was quarantined with my ex that year, but since then I've been mostly on my own. I keep myself very busy with hobbies and such. Part of me is still yearning for connections though. Almost all of my friends since high school have moved away/fallen out of touch as we got older.

long divorced, longer than some of yall have been alive. lost my daughter, 29, 2 years ago to sleep apnea. I live in Georgia. My son lives in Rhode Island. yes I get lonely. Got a great job at Wells Fargo and own my house but I throw myself out there on here and other sites cause I need to.

I'm also from Georgia. Haven't done a meet in a very long time, but I'm up for chatting if you're welcome to it.

I heard that there're still plenti of people that are still in there homes afraid to be out because of covid, that also contributes to feeling lonely I guess

I dunno if it's my age, my sexual interests, my complete loss of all interest in the things I used to love or my personality, but I feel like all I do is distance myself and push people away when all I want is to connect.

Anyone else feeling like this or am I just going insane on my own?
You mean ‘fuckin lonely’ or you mean ‘fucking alone’ 🤔

PM me, I we could have a good conversation

Hi Karen

Feel free to send me a PM if your interested in a pen pal. I’m way down in New Zealand but happy to chat

Insanely lonely. Literally, I think my mental health has deteriorated substantially from the loneliness.
Not that it was great to begin with.
I've developed serious paranoia when people actually talk to me with any interest because of the abusive relationships I've had in the past, paired with the fact I'm into some seriously taboo stuff that I'm terrified of anyone learning about.
And I haven't the slightest idea how to meet new people at my ripe age of 31 in a small town of people I have nothing in common with. And the internet is oversaturated in people far more desirable than me.
An ex of mine told me literally right before she died (yeah, that's a whole other story and another huge reason for the loneliness) that things will get better and I deserve to be loved. Haunted me for about 6 years now and everything feels like a huge weight on my shoulders that no one knows that I'm carrying.

At the end of the day, I miss intimacy, honesty, openness and bonding with a significant other.

I dunno if it's my age, my sexual interests, my complete loss of all interest in the things I used to love or my personality, but I feel like all I do is distance myself and push people away when all I want is to connect.

Isolation and loss of interest in things previously enjoyed are two major symptoms of depression, which is very common especially these days but there can be other additional underlying causes of depression besides that. I'm obviously not trying to analyze or diagnose you, just saying that's a common pattern. I've been there myself. It may sound crazy, but getting into breathwork really changed my life in this way and many other ways. People have gotten off their depression and PTSD meds just from this alone apparently, and I can see why. Btw I'm available to talk with if you like, feel free to dm me anytime.

29M and yeah same here. It's not just even sexually. It's just the constant worry of never being able to share my zoo interest with no backlash. I think without that mutual understanding it'll always be a 70% in and 30 out kind of thing. Or me creeping around feeling and I wouldn't want to deal with that either.

In more recent years I have felt more lonely. But for me it is more to do with location and work. Alaska is a pretty lonely place. Especially when it comes to zoo company. All of my friends were smart enough to move away. And now I'm pretty much alone here working myself to death. My job leaving me no time to travel and visit friends, either.

On a good week, I work 60hrs... sometimes closer to 80 hrs in a week.
I can relate. I think the reason I work so much is that it doesn’t give me time to stop and realise how I actually feel. 🤔

29M and yeah same here. It's not just even sexually. It's just the constant worry of never being able to share my zoo interest with no backlash. I think without that mutual understanding it'll always be a 70% in and 30 out kind of thing. Or me creeping around feeling and I wouldn't want to deal with that either.

Good news, there's more like us every day. Don't lose hope yet. For everyone who dislikes, there's one who does.

Fucking lockdowns completely fucked up my social side of the brain and dopamine levels too. Two years being alone in my house talking to a very select few people made me a very grumpy cunt when talking in real life.
But i don't mean bad or anything neither, people don't seem to think that way tho, the second you make or say something "off" the second they ghost you.
I feel this wasn't the case at least for me pre 2020.

Fucking lockdowns completely fucked up my social side of the brain and dopamine levels too. Two years being alone in my house talking to a very select few people made me a very grumpy cunt when talking in real life.
But i don't mean bad or anything neither, people don't seem to think that way tho, the second you make or say something "off" the second they ghost you.
I feel this wasn't the case at least for me pre 2020.
Same I've been deep diving into pot just to keep sane 🥴🥴😵‍💫

Don't be so quick to give up.

Thank you to all who have replied. Helps a lot to see how alone I'm not in this. I hope you're trying to connect amongst each other, end the lonely.
I'm going to be frank and say that sometimes I do.

I've been alone since I was 20, no serious girlfriend at all, I just turned 40 and I'm incredibly lonely! I don't think that has anything to do with my interest in zoo! I guess I'm just unlikeable!
Unless you're an abusive prick or fall somewhere on a personality disorder list then you have two options: accept that you're middle aged and the conditions that come with it or do nothing.

Back