I just wanted to say....

But still, when that wonderful song by K.C. and the Sunshine Band comes on, what do you shake if not your booty? :) Or do you just not follow instructions? :devilish:
I would pretend to mistake "shake your booty" for "shake your booby," and shake them both very nicely!

Hmmmm.... Might be interesting. Can I watch? Or maybe even help? :devilish::p
Interesting, yes, it would look interesting, trying to shake everything at once! It would look like one of those goofy dances people do at wedding receptions. "Ya put your whole self in and ya shake it all about..."

Interesting, yes, it would look interesting, trying to shake everything at once! It would look like one of those goofy dances people do at wedding receptions. "Ya put your whole self in and ya shake it all about..."
I could be mistaken, but I think *THAT* particular dance is actually called a "grand mal seizure" by the medical folks! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IJWTS
If you're at a wedding reception and you find yourself in a conga line, but don't remember how you got there,
you've probably had too much to drink.

Hokey Pokey? Nope...its Petit Mal at best.
Yeah, when it's just an arm, a leg, etc... But when it's the entire corpus??? Isn't that something a lot like the definition of "grand mal"? "Whole body" involvement?

(A housemate I used to stay with was prone to petit mal seizures - A typical version was his left arm "shivering" while he stared off into space, his mouth dropped open, and he drooled for a bit, sometimes with some rather odd "moaning" noises for a minute or two before "the lights came back on". Another fellow I spent some time with who had full-blown grand-mals was able to do a pretty convincing impression of a landed fish, he thrashed so violently. I wonder what ever became of him?
After the day he had a seizure and landed face-down on the flat-top, I completely lost track of him. They life-flighted him off the island to Petoskey, and other than a report that came back a few hours later saying that he'd been transferred to a burn ward in Ann Arbor in critical condition, that was the last thing I ever heard beyond the boss telling me "He won't be coming back anytime soon - you could see his teeth through the holes burned in his face where he stuck to the grille, and his arm is pretty badly burned, too. He's in for some serious reconstructive surgery if he lives" when I asked how he was.
)

Sounds like a fun way to get leave, alright. One hopes he survived. Still, the dance floor crowd isnt usually in that league

Sounds like a fun way to get leave, alright. One hopes he survived. Still, the dance floor crowd isnt usually in that league
Let's just say that a 400-odd degree flat-top restaurant grille isn't a very pleasant landing zone for live flesh, and leave it at that... <shudder>

Same old story....take four white guys outta dublin, drop em in the Ghet-to in Philly and in 48 hours they be doin' the Souf philly Shuffle an' talkin' like Boom-Boom Washington. Take four black guys, Drop 'em in Dublin in front of Trinity College, and in 48 hours, the whole town, from Granny to Toddler, be doin' the Souf philly Shuffle an' talkin' like Boom-Boom Washington.
Trend-setting IS hard work, but somebody gots to do it<grinnnn>

I'm tired of the few people on this site, and elsewhere OFFline, who seem to wake up every day and take inventory of every little thing they think they have wrong with them, and complain about it whenever they open their mouth.

* Do you have a real problem? You KNOW I will try to help if I see it on the site, but it can't be something you manufactured before you even got out of bed this morning. There are people with REAL problems who need our help, or at least a listening ear.

I'm tired of the few people on this site, and elsewhere OFFline, who seem to wake up every day and take inventory of every little thing they think they have wrong with them, and complain about it whenever they open their mouth.

* Do you have a real problem? You KNOW I will try to help if I see it on the site, but it can't be something you manufactured before you even got out of bed this morning. There are people with REAL problems who need our help, or at least a listening ear.

Hi there, Real person with real problems here, but I know there's nothing anyone I meet online can do about it so I don't bother them and let my mind get swallowed up by the darkness instead. I know, very un-Dude of me, but I don't like to be a burden to others.

On Topic, IJWTS, If all you do is act like a child, How can you expect to be seen as anything else?

IJWTS....there is nothing in the world more annoying than a white girl with a ghetto accent and mannerisms.
I know plenty of white girls, born, raised and living “In The Ghetto” with accents and mannerisms. Ghetto is not racial.

As to Thread point:
Don’t lead, don’t follow. Don’t praise, worship or grovel. There are few things that distinguish a human being from other life on this ball of rock. Reason. Reason is the primary one. If you don’t use it? Your not human.

Hi there, Real person with real problems here, but I know there's nothing anyone I meet online can do about it so I don't bother them and let my mind get swallowed up by the darkness instead. I know, very un-Dude of me, but I don't like to be a burden to others.
I knew that about you. You have my ears anytime you need to talk. You know that.

On topic:
IJWTS All these question marks, even multiple ones, at the end of sentences which are not questions are stupid!

Last edited:
I knew that about you. You have my ears anytime you need to talk. You know that.

On topic:
IJWTS All these question marks, even multiple ones, at the end of sentences which are not questions are stupid!
I'm *PRETTY SURE* those are artifacts of the various stages of updates to the board software - It's almost certainly "non-standard"/abandoned emojis that the board software either "faked" (In any of several possible ways) internally, since there was no formal standard version, or that have been deleted, or perhaps replaced by something (probably non-displaying/non-displayable characters, but that's only a guess) else in more recent versions of the Unicode standard. I suspect it works something like "The current version of code looks in the old database entries made by previous versions of the board software, sees some bizarro character code it can't find an emoji for, then for lack of any better way of handling it, spits out a question mark instead of taking a hard crash."

A *VERY* likely suspect would be the "custom" emojis - the various dog/pig/(used to be, but appear to be gone now) horse, etc ones that I've never seen anyplace but here, for instance. It'd be almost certain that the board software has a Unicode range set aside as "use these characters to indicate you want to use these custom glyphs you supply as little .png, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, or whatever graphics format file that no place else on the planet uses". A *VERY* strong argument, at least in my eyes, for discontinuing them, no matter how "cute" folks (other than myself - I personally consider them foolish, fugly, and pointless when I'm in a fair mood, and downright obnoxious when in a foul mood) might think they are.

Last edited:
Back