How would you spend $1M?

The whole point about American capitalism is to hoard as much money as possible :unsure:

This guy was asked what he would do if he won the lottery....he said “id spend half on women and cocaine .... the other half I’d waste” 🤣😂

gasoline. lots of gasoline. honestly I live off grid, so the stuff is like liquid gold for my way of life
also spend some of it to increase my solar array and reduce fuel comsumption, but still need lots of gasoline, as well.

Last edited:
A poster mentioned that the question was how one would spend a million dollars, which does not include investing. I'd obviously invest some of it so if I had just a million dollars to work with I probably wouldn't be able to fulfill the list below.

I'd spend some amount of it on musical equipment (fuck some things can be so expensive) but I'd definitely also want to purchase a nice oceanfront home, and perhaps a nice boat if I had enough left over. And ideally give some to friends/family :D

The windfall might be allot smaller after the election if the Democrats win! They do preach raising taxes and targeting amounts less than 1 million, so 1 million would be ripe for the picking. Not to rain on your happy parade, just something to ponder. Good luck and hope everyone wins a million!! :gsd_happysmile:

I would pay off my house and truck and then buy a nice travel trailer. I'd also go buy back my grandmother's house since she never intended it to leave the family when she died. Since the house is a thousand miles away from me, my brother lives close to the house, and the house is much larger and nicer than his house I'd let him move in and take care of the place rent free since he's also struggling a bit.

If anything is left over I'd start my own theme park with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the park.

After dumping it all in bed and wallering in it and sleeping in it, I would get tired of that.
I would then invest the full amount in a hedge fund and use the dividends to provide christmas every year for parents unable to provide it for their kids. One or both of the parents, if able-bodied, would need to be trying to better their own situation for their family...pulling on their own bootstraps and NOT blowing what little paycheck they have on self-destructive habits or expensive, frivolous things for themselves.
Oh geez...I'd probably do it anyway, but would bop those self-destructive parents over the head to straighten them out.

Get a business i like doing going where i can make steady income, donate half to charity and various people in need then the other half for a zoo haven, a big field or house where you can bring your animal and do whatever therr

taking the assumption i MUST spend it all and i can do anything possible within normal logic i would simply get a wolf and/or wolves (other exotics maybe included) and enclosure area and get all the needs for that creature or creatures. or just simply get every video game/system possible. now if i can save it i would pay the bills get a better house better computer. give around 100k to family the rest will be "to be safe ill keep it in my pocket".

A new house { because mine is been storm ravaged several times} and the rest to pay bills . o and maybe a shed to go with the house{work shop}

I would park it in a bank account, let it accrue interest & live off the interest alone, never touching the principle.

for that you need way more than 1 million... you dont get 3% interest like in the old days, you may get like 0.4%. And 0.4% of a million is not nearly enought oney to life of it.

scrooge-mcduck-money.gif

I would probably buy a decent plot of land in the country and build a house, big enough for me and the dogs. Set up a business from there and then adopt one or two senior or elderly Labs to live out their days with us. And buy a decent sized camper so we can go traveling for one or two months a year.

Back