are your zoo exclusive?

• I'm zoo exclusive

Votes: 408 34.8%
  • I'm not zoo exclusive

Votes: 686 58.5%
  • I'm Involuntarily celibate - Incel

Votes: 78 6.7%

• Total voters
zoo exclusivity is a social issue to be viewed as unhealthy, not an orientation.

I respect your opinion but wholeheartedly disagree. Zoo exclusive doesn't mean devoid of human relationships, most of us have plenty of non sexual / romantic relationships with humans. Just because we don't need a human partner to be fulfilled doesn't mean that there's something wrong with us.

I respect your opinion but wholeheartedly disagree. Zoo exclusive doesn't mean devoid of human relationships, most of us have plenty of non sexual / romantic relationships with humans. Just because we don't need a human partner to be fulfilled doesn't mean that there's something wrong with us.

I would say you are in the minority there. Most people who claim zoo exclusivity tend to have anti social traits. But when I think zoo exclusive, I assume people are talking about only being attracted to animals romantically/sexually

I would say you are in the minority there. Most people who claim zoo exclusivity tend to have anti social traits. But when I think zoo exclusive, I assume people are talking about only being attracted to animals romantically/sexually

If a zoo exclusive has anti social traits then they are a zoo exclusive who also happens to have anti social traits. The two are not necessarily linked. But yes, I would agree with your definition of zoo exclusive... Why is that bad though?

If a zoo exclusive has anti social traits then they are a zoo exclusive who also happens to have anti social traits. The two are not necessarily linked. But yes, I would agree with your definition of zoo exclusive... Why is that bad though?

If that's how you see it, sure, it's a coincidence. But I don't think so.
It's bad because it normalizes anti social traits, celebrates unhealthy mind states. People are social animals and need plenty of other human contact. Instead of adapting to an effortless relationship that a dog provides, people skills need to be maintained and worked upon.

If that's how you see it, sure, it's a coincidence. But I don't think so.
It's bad because it normalizes anti social traits, celebrates unhealthy mind states. People are social animals and need plenty of other human contact. Instead of adapting to an effortless relationship that a dog provides, people skills need to be maintained and worked upon.

So is an asexual person who isn’t zoo also simply being anti social? No, of course not. There has been plenty of study about asexuality and nobody thinks they’re just afraid of putting in the effort required for a human sexual relationship.

We are no different. We just happen to be asexual with humans while also being zoo.

So is an asexual person who isn’t zoo also simply being anti social? No, of course not. There has been plenty of study about asexuality and nobody thinks they’re just afraid of putting in the effort required for a human sexual relationship.

We are no different. We just happen to be asexual with humans while also being zoo.

No. Because asexual people still seek out human romantic relationships. I'd argue against asexual being a natural sexual stance as well though ?‍♂️

No. Because asexual people still seek out human romantic relationships. I'd argue against asexual being a natural sexual stance as well though ?‍♂️

Many asexuals are also aromantic. Zoo and asexuality are natural because they occur in nature. Are they the biologically preferred orientation for species survival? Of course not, we can't procreate and that's all that life is about, passing on your genes. Gays and lesbians can't pass on their genes either, they're not a biologically preferred sexuality, but they're natural occurring just the same.

so.... what, asexual and zoo exclusive people are incapable of having friends? is friendship not a type of relationship that one has to work at?

you misunderstand me. My concerns lie not with people who consider themselves "zoo exclusive" and also maintain healthy human relationships. It's for those who take on an anti social lifestyle, avoiding human relations and consider an animal their only means of possible relationship. that is a toxic lifestyle and I have seen many zoos claim that life

you misunderstand me. My concerns lie not with people who consider themselves "zoo exclusive" and also maintain healthy human relationships. It's for those who take on an anti social lifestyle, avoiding human relations and consider an animal their only means of possible relationship. that is a toxic lifestyle and I have seen many zoos claim that life

Your posts were very easy to misunderstand then. When most of us use the phrase "zoo exclusive" we know it to mean "a zoo who is devoid of desire for a romantic / sexual relationship with humans." Most of us have jobs and friends and generally socialize just fine with other humans.

do you mean the people who call themselves zoo exclusive, but it's only because they had a shitty relationship and now have sworn off humans? if so, i agree. :)

do you mean the people who call themselves zoo exclusive, but it's only because they had a shitty relationship and now have sworn off humans? if so, i agree. :)

Yes, those and people who see animals as easy relationships. Some people aren't very good at interacting with members of the opposite sex, so instead of working on improving themselves they make do with a dog, who doesn't care about your eating habits or poor social skills. Then tell themselves that they are just "zoo exclusive" to take the burden of responsibility off.

I'd like to know your reasoning for this, I don't think the data supports the assertion. I have seen some very vocal people who stand out, but I don't think they are the majority but just memorable. I think you're seeing highly visual people and remembering them because they exhibit anti-social traits and not seeing/noticing the vast number of others who function quite well in society because they aren't drawing attention to themselves.

At this moment, 38% report as zoo exclusive, can you imagine what it would be like if 38% of the members were anti-social?
I've known a lot of zoos over the years, both online and personally, and I find most are as well adjusted (or not) as the general population.

I've been in a relationship with a human for a while now and they are my world (and frankly the reason I'm still alive), over the years I've had a lot of internal struggle with my sexuality, and it wasn't until a few years ago that I really embraced myself for who I am. If I was single now, I would most certainly look for a canine to fill my romantic/sexual desires instead of humans. Nothing to do with a bad experience with humans (the number of people I regularly interact with is considerably large), but animals, canines in particular, are just perfect to me in every way. I'm not even really sure how well I can express it with words.

That being said, I absolutely would not trade my relationship for anything else. Ever. For that reason, I'm not really sure if I qualify as "zoo exclusive".

I've been exclusively a bestialist and in your terms a "zoo" since a short time after Tippy came into my life. She walked in one evening on me and a girl I'd been seeing off and on. She seemed to me not jealous, but hurt somehow. I know I was anthropomorphizing, but still it stuck with me & I felt a pain over it of guilt. Then she didn't come to our bed for 5 nights. She didn't join me by the fire for 5 days, sit at my table, let me touch her.. She did her chores in the pasture and barn, then lay on the porch and ignored me. She even refused to join me in the shower, her favorite thing.

That 6th day, a week-end, the same girl came to stay and ride horses as was planned. As she was getting her suitcases out I stood on the porch. Tippy growled at her and I said "You have to leave. Tippy doesn't want you here." She couldn't believe it, called me all sorts of names, but finally left. I don't know what Tippy understood. She stayed on the porch all day. But she came to bed that night, and every night after, and no-one else saw that bed.

I haven't desired a human, even wanted to be with a human since that day. After Tippy died I went through a time when I stayed celibate, but I was still attracted to dogs, some dogs. We aren't attracted to ALL of a species. I fell in love with Shadow, but wouldn't admit it to myself. I finally did, and we spent 12 years together. We did have a sexual relationship, though the love was the important part. Since her death, I would call myself in best terms simply a Celibate. I just have no desires any longer. She took them with her..

sw

I'm technically zoo exclusive at the moment since I'm currently not dating or in a relationship. Does that count?

I'm here. I’ve been zoo-exclusive since I was a kid. I only let dogs into my love and sex life.
I have friends, I need them. Since I’m zoo-exclusive (ergo I live alone) I need friends even more, than an average person. I'm really not an antisocial zoo.
This is nonsense.

Zoo-exclusive doesn’t mean you’re antisocial. On the other hand, it is true that there are many antisocials among zoo-exclusive people.
But. In fact. For zoo-exclusive people, their friends are even more important.

Ever since I coming out, I’ve there even more friends, because they accepted. I was brave and crazy. And I was lucky.

I'm here. I’ve been zoo-exclusive since I was a kid. I only let dogs into my love and sex life.
I have friends, I need them. Since I’m zoo-exclusive (ergo I live alone) I need friends even more, than an average person. I'm really not an antisocial zoo.
This is nonsense.

Zoo-exclusive doesn’t mean you’re antisocial. On the other hand, it is true that there are many antisocials among zoo-exclusive people.
But. In fact. For zoo-exclusive people, their friends are even more important.

Ever since I coming out, I’ve there even more friends, because they accepted. I was brave and crazy. And I was lucky.

awesome post. something i'm not sure non-exclusives realize. yes, friends are very important. i'm lucky to have a roommate who is also a zoo, but even that isn't enough.

I'm zoo exclusive. Have been for over a decade and won't change that because I can't. The only reason I haven't been exclusive for my whole life is because I tried to be "normal" for other people. I won't do that to myself again.

I would not say I am exclusive but my guys are probably 99% and my preference but I have had a few guys and women along the way as well

Back