Hello! Here to learn, esp about zooromanticism

Leda

Lurker
Good morning.

I’m a pretty well established artist in the world of sequential art and am here for research. I’m working on a graphic novel, pretty abstract and non-linear, about the sexual and romantic and spiritual relationship between people and animals, both currently and across our shared history. About the barrier between the human and animal worlds, and how porous it is.

I want to emphasize that I’m taking a respectful and artistic (not sleazy or exploitative) approach! And absolutely without judgement (I personally hooked up with a dog one time, for what it’s worth). I can connect you to some of my previously published work, if you’d like a sense of what I do.

I think I‘ve got a pretty good grip on the sexual end of things, but I’d really love to be able to convey something about animal/human love, intimacy, and romantic connection. And I don’t feel qualified to do so in my own words, since I have not had that experience. Non-zoos like me have felt powerful love towards a companion animal, and many zoos probably have hot but non-romantic sex with their animal partners, but I’m thinking of actual interspecies romantic love, as well as sex. That particular relationship strikes me as an essential piece of the full human/animal story.

If you have had the experience of falling in love with an animal, whether or not that became a deeper or long term or sexual connection, I’d really appreciate hearing from you. Again, this is with the utmost respect and deepest gratitude.

Please let me know if this message belongs in a different forum. I’m a noob here and wasn’t quite sure where to post. Thanks!

Hello and welcome , I hope you find everything you are looking for here ,make plenty of new friends and have lots of fun

Back