First dog suggestions

nyaanekoneon

Tourist
Hello! I've only had cats and small animals in my life so far and I'm considering getting a dog in the near future. Does anyone have suggestions for a beginner dog? I'm hoping it can be a dog I can have a romantic / sexual relationship with. Although it's not a necessity, I can't lie that it would be a huge plus! If it didn't turn out like that and the dog didn't give reciprocate I would still love them of course as a companion. So are there certain breeds which get hornier and are generally more willing to be intimate with humans? I love big dogs, I generally am not a fan of smaller ones.

Dogs vary on what is best based on how your lifestyle is. Are you away from home a lot (like business trips)? Work long hours? Work from home? Just an overall active person (like the gym, hiking, etc)?

I'm at home a lot, I don't have a job and I may volunteer but I also have a partner who could look after the dog so essentially time spent would not be an issue whatsoever. :)

I'm not too active but I love going for walks so I'd love to go for walks!

Awesome just what I was looking for!

A Labrador is a pretty safe bet for most first time owners. Needs plenty of exercise and short hair means easy grooming needs.
They have quite impressive and compatible genitalia as a bonus.

I agree having a dog isn't cheap, but I honestly don't think I HAVE to spend more than $100/month on my lab mix. But he is obviously spoiled beyond that.

$100 covers insurance, $33/month towards emergency savings account. Food/water and dental care. His shampoo/conditioner (Zymox) lasts quite a while so broken down monthly is negligible. Treats and toys are special occasions I often purchase out of budget. You should be fine saving up 2 grand initially to cover deductibles and basic vet care like immunizations/check-ups etc.

However, generally I don't recommend ANY major responsibilities to someone inexperienced in life enough to not have a job yet. It's hard to see from your point of view, but holding a job and providing is a pretty big indicator of how much you care about someone.

Last edited:
A Labrador is a pretty safe bet for most first time owners. Needs plenty of exercise and short hair means easy grooming needs.
They have quite impressive and compatible genitalia as a bonus.

I agree having a dog isn't cheap, but I honestly don't think I HAVE to spend more than $100/month on my lab mix. But he is obviously spoiled beyond that.

$100 covers insurance, $33/month towards emergency savings account. Food/water and dental care. His shampoo/conditioner (Zymox) lasts quite a while so broken down monthly is negligible. Treats and toys are special occasions I often purchase out of budget. You should be fine saving up 2 grand initially to cover deductibles and basic vet care like immunizations/check-ups etc.

However, generally I don't recommend ANY major responsibilities to someone inexperienced in life enough to not have a job yet. It's hard to see from your point of view, but holding a job and providing is a pretty big indicator of how much you care about someone.
A labrador sounds like a decent option, my partner had one as a child and they had a very special bond, in fact they were a zoophile since back then it would seem! 😋

We would likely be adopting a dog through an agency so we might not get the exact breed of our choice, but I wouldn't discriminate and no matter what, we'll shower them with love. 🥰 It's helpful to hear about which types of breeds may be beginner friendly though since I will likely have a handful to choose from.

We are both getting our finances through governmental support since we are unable to hold a job due to our disabilities, so we'll just have to be responsible with our finances and of course we always prioritize the health of our animals over anything else. 💗

Back