Recommended dog for a newbie

D

Doglover4055

What breed is recommended for a newbie to get knotted by? I'm thinking German Shepherd, but I'm open to suggestions. This would be a long term thing hopefully where I submit to him and become his bitch.

If you're looking to get knotted. Adopt a large breed. But don't go into it with the idea of getting knotted. Take care of the dog, play with the dog. Make sure he feels safe and has a good home. Protect him. There are plenty of articles on here about how to train your dog to mount you. When he's old enough, explore those possibilities. But if he isn't interested, don't force it. Worst case scenario you have a loving dog who trusts you and will be your loyal friend for life.

I know of people who have "forced it" and it's never ended well. All that trust they built over the years was crushed in an instant, and they quickly lost both a friend and any possibility of a partner. Don't be like them.

If you're looking to get knotted. Adopt a large breed. But don't go into it with the idea of getting knotted. Take care of the dog, play with the dog. Make sure he feels safe and has a good home. Protect him. There are plenty of articles on here about how to train your dog to mount you. When he's old enough, explore those possibilities. But if he isn't interested, don't force it. Worst case scenario you have a loving dog who trusts you and will be your loyal friend for life.

I know of people who have "forced it" and it's never ended well. All that trust they built over the years was crushed in an instant, and they quickly lost both a friend and any possibility of a partner. Don't be like them.
I'm not looking to acquire a dog just for sex. He will be protected and given a nice safe home. I'm looking for a trusting companion. He won't be forced to do anything. The sex will be a bonus. Mostly for his benefit.

Just a few observations:

Life with a dog is about 10% sex and 90% other issues.
You should also prepare for the small but still existent possibility of your dog not being into having sex with you. And you should definitely prepare for the fact that not everything you might have dreamed up about the sex will be possible.

0. A dog is a full time commitment for 7-15 years.

1. Before you get a puppy, find a good dog school and talk to them so you will be able to attend as soon as it becomes possible. They might even let you observe a few lectures so you can decide. Dog socialization with other dogs and people is very important for your later life and the sooner you begin the better. Find a school that focuses more on raising the dogs rather than exhibition training. Of course it is nice when your dog can perform tricks, jump over obstacles and runs well through a tunnel, but obedience, socialization, street training and real world useful things are in my opinion more important.

2. When it comes to health, start training the important stuff you can do yourself soon. Tooth brushing and nail clipping... Both these things can be done without stressing the dog too much and with the dog letting you do it for a reward. A vet will do this for you too, but it will cost you a little and it will stress your dog a lot more. And keeping your dog's teeth in good shape will reward you with a healthy dog and amazing kissing experience. :p Veterinary teeth cleaning is done under anesthesia. You may never need it if you brush your dog's teeth daily. Dental plaque in dogs solidifies in 48h, so you should do it daily.

3. Buy a small box of the powder that stops bleeding from deep cut nails. Trust me, if your dog has black nails, you will need it. Even my vet cuts too deep and uses it.

4. Read a book or two about raising a dog, it will tell you the basics in a concentrated easy to understand way.

5. Prepare yourself that you will need a lot of patience and never get mad at your dog for not understanding something. (it may get hard sometimes :D)

6. Prepare yourself for a lot of sleepless nights and stress. Just recently my dog was sick and it really hurts to see your dog suffer. You will have to deal with unexpected problems. Like your dog having diarrhea every two hours through the night on Monday in the winter. (that happened).
Depending on the size of your dog you might need to take him for long walks multiple times a day every day and in almost any weather.

7. Prepare your home for a puppy, hide cables, shoes... anything you do not want to be chewed.

8. Once you get a puppy stock up on rice, carrots and chicken meat a little. Young dogs often suffer from diarrhea and boiled rice with chicken and carrot helps a lot. I also always have some dog probiotic paste or pills from my vet in case my dog feels sick. Your vet will tell you more about how to use it. My dog used to get diarrhea a lot in the beginning.

9. Always keep some money reserve for emergency vet care. Save a phone number for the nearest 24h vet emergency in your phone. Depending on your area learn how to deal with poisoning and how to make your dog vomit. In my area people sometimes poison dogs with poison bait.

10. A larger dog needs a larger money reserve because everything gets more expensive with size. Food, vets, toys...

11. You are never going to be able to prepare for the day you loose your dog and quite likely you are going to be the one making the decision. And you are going to want to be there when he has his last breath because you do not want to leave your dog alone to spare yourself the suffering after all the years he gave you. And you should not. Read an article from a vet about this.

12. Do a background check on the breed you pick to familiarize yourself with possible genetic issues. Like for example some bulldog breeds not being able to breathe properly, mate properly or some german shepherds having so deformed leg that life is painful for them later on. You do not want to continue the suffering by supporting such a breeder.

13. Do a background check on the breeder, some are complete fucks who literally abuse animals. You want to see the puppies and their living conditions before you buy and ideally you want to see the parents of those puppies personally.

Just a few observations:

Life with a dog is about 10% sex and 90% other issues.
You should also prepare for the small but still existent possibility of your dog not being into having sex with you. And you should definitely prepare for the fact that not everything you might have dreamed up about the sex will be possible.

0. A dog is a full time commitment for 7-15 years.

1. Before you get a puppy, find a good dog school and talk to them so you will be able to attend as soon as it becomes possible. They might even let you observe a few lectures so you can decide. Dog socialization with other dogs and people is very important for your later life and the sooner you begin the better. Find a school that focuses more on raising the dogs rather than exhibition training. Of course it is nice when your dog can perform tricks, jump over obstacles and runs well through a tunnel, but obedience, socialization, street training and real world useful things are in my opinion more important.

2. When it comes to health, start training the important stuff you can do yourself soon. Tooth brushing and nail clipping... Both these things can be done without stressing the dog too much and with the dog letting you do it for a reward. A vet will do this for you too, but it will cost you a little and it will stress your dog a lot more. And keeping your dog's teeth in good shape will reward you with a healthy dog and amazing kissing experience. :p Veterinary teeth cleaning is done under anesthesia. You may never need it if you brush your dog's teeth daily. Dental plaque in dogs solidifies in 48h, so you should do it daily.

3. Buy a small box of the powder that stops bleeding from deep cut nails. Trust me, if your dog has black nails, you will need it. Even my vet cuts too deep and uses it.

4. Read a book or two about raising a dog, it will tell you the basics in a concentrated easy to understand way.

5. Prepare yourself that you will need a lot of patience and never get mad at your dog for not understanding something. (it may get hard sometimes :D)

6. Prepare yourself for a lot of sleepless nights and stress. Just recently my dog was sick and it really hurts to see your dog suffer. You will have to deal with unexpected problems. Like your dog having diarrhea every two hours through the night on Monday in the winter. (that happened).
Depending on the size of your dog you might need to take him for long walks multiple times a day every day and in almost any weather.

7. Prepare your home for a puppy, hide cables, shoes... anything you do not want to be chewed.

8. Once you get a puppy stock up on rice, carrots and chicken meat a little. Young dogs often suffer from diarrhea and boiled rice with chicken and carrot helps a lot. I also always have some dog probiotic paste or pills from my vet in case my dog feels sick. Your vet will tell you more about how to use it. My dog used to get diarrhea a lot in the beginning.

9. Always keep some money reserve for emergency vet care. Save a phone number for the nearest 24h vet emergency in your phone. Depending on your area learn how to deal with poisoning and how to make your dog vomit. In my area people sometimes poison dogs with poison bait.

10. A larger dog needs a larger money reserve because everything gets more expensive with size. Food, vets, toys...

11. You are never going to be able to prepare for the day you loose your dog and quite likely you are going to be the one making the decision. And you are going to want to be there when he has his last breath because you do not want to leave your dog alone to spare yourself the suffering after all the years he gave you. And you should not. Read an article from a vet about this.

12. Do a background check on the breed you pick to familiarize yourself with possible genetic issues. Like for example some bulldog breeds not being able to breathe properly, mate properly or some german shepherds having so deformed leg that life is painful for them later on. You do not want to continue the suffering by supporting such a breeder.

13. Do a background check on the breeder, some are complete fucks who literally abuse animals. You want to see the puppies and their living conditions before you buy and ideally you want to see the parents of those puppies personally.
You appear to be under the impression that I've never had any pet's. Just because I identify as a newbie in the zoo life doesn't mean I'm inexperienced with the amount of responsibility for a pet. I've been on this planet for a good number of years.
I understand your concerns as far as a pet goes. I asked for advice directly related to my question. If you feel the need to give advice that wasn't requested, ask the person questions before you make any judgment. Or offer any unnecessary advice.

I understand your concerns as far as a pet goes. I asked for advice directly related to my question. If you feel the need to give advice that wasn't requested, ask the person questions before you make any judgment. Or offer any unnecessary advice.
I am not judging you and realize that this thread is on a public forum and will be read by many people. This information is not here just for you.

What breed is recommended for a newbie to get knotted by? I'm thinking German Shepherd, but I'm open to suggestions. This would be a long term thing hopefully where I submit to him and become his bitch.
JS I believe are the best, but that's just my opinion. whoever you choose i'm sure you'll be great(y)

Pick something you like....youre going to own it for as much as 20 years, EVEN IF it never becomes a sex partner. Get a puppy, train him or her to be a good doggie citizen, and a companion....anything more is a bonus.

Not being privy to this but a k9 owner, you should probably pick a breed based on

Energy level
Health Issues
Obedience
Coat (allergies, shedding etc)
Food Cost
Indoor/Outdoor
Attitude

If you have a k9 long term these are all daily concerns and he will be your companion hopefully for years

Very complete Pes well done, I would just like to add some comments
I am an uncertified dog trainer, my former partner (sport) was one and he trained me for years just to know how to train my dogs

Once you understand some basic logic, that a dog is like a toddler, and understands things by association and a few other details, it's not hard to train a dog the hardest part for a dog trainer is to train the master of the dog LOL

I tried to help friends train their dogs and they all gave up because it takes hard work at the beginning and consistency.

This is a great idea, because believe me if you cut a big part of the nerve it won't stop bleeding so the importance of the powder

This is one of the most important points in my opinion, a dog that is not able to go play or walk to empty its energy is an uncontrollable dog, believe me I called it buying peace
My last dog was a husky lab mix, I needed to run him three to four hours a day and rare days he didn't bring me a squirrel (in winter he could catch three a day, no jokes)
So if you have to choose a dog choose it according to the exercise time you are ready to give him per day Husky and Lab are really energetic

A little thing here, I had one of my dogs when he was a puppy he was teething on quarter rounds in the house, so I put tabasco on the quarter rounds and believe me it works LOL

It took me six months to recover from the death of my dog and that is one of the reasons why I hesitate to have another dog.

I would like to try but I don't know how I can find person with good dog

Very complete Pes well done, I would just like to add some comments

I am an uncertified dog trainer, my former partner (sport) was one and he trained me for years just to know how to train my dogs

Once you understand some basic logic, that a dog is like a toddler, and understands things by association and a few other details, it's not hard to train a dog the hardest part for a dog trainer is to train the master of the dog LOL

I tried to help friends train their dogs and they all gave up because it takes hard work at the beginning and consistency.

This is a great idea, because believe me if you cut a big part of the nerve it won't stop bleeding so the importance of the powder

This is one of the most important points in my opinion, a dog that is not able to go play or walk to empty its energy is an uncontrollable dog, believe me I called it buying peace
My last dog was a husky lab mix, I needed to run him three to four hours a day and rare days he didn't bring me a squirrel (in winter he could catch three a day, no jokes)
So if you have to choose a dog choose it according to the exercise time you are ready to give him per day Husky and Lab are really energetic

A little thing here, I had one of my dogs when he was a puppy he was teething on quarter rounds in the house, so I put tabasco on the quarter rounds and believe me it works LOL

It took me six months to recover from the death of my dog and that is one of the reasons why I hesitate to have another dog.
The Powder is Styptic. It comes as a Pencil too, for human shaving cuts. Dipped in warm water, it stops most bleeds. It is probably easier to find in this form, since all Grocery, Drug Stores, Beauty Supply,and department stores sell it. You may also find it in Pool Supply Houses. Pet stores aren't open 24/7....so knowing alternate sources is useful
The stuff is generally cheap, but it is subject to supply issues.

Big Mut . German shepherd is a strong breed for a seasoned dog owner. I wouldn't recommend for a new owner.

I don't really care what breed he is, I just want it to happen and I want to experience a dog in my ass and in my mouth

Back