Best breed for Apartment with restrictions

larzy36

Tourist
so I will soon may be moving to an apt that allows dogs but has size and breed restrictions like most of the places where I live do, the restrictions are a 50 lb limit and no bully breeds or German shepherds... wondering about some breeds that fit those criteria that are also able to be well trained in general.

You may be able to get by with a Labrador. Or any other smaller. But with the way pet restrictions are, I wouldn't be surprised if they claim a lab is a bully breed. Huskies that are normally smaller even make the list.

My last place had a 50lb size limit. They allowed me to have my 90lb Golden. Just ask before you even fill out the application and depending on the breed they may be willing to ok an exception.

You may be able to get by with a Labrador. Or any other smaller. But with the way pet restrictions are, I wouldn't be surprised if they claim a lab is a bully breed. Huskies that are normally smaller even make the list.
They're so talkative so Huskies could you into trouble with the neighbors.

so I will soon may be moving to an apt that allows dogs but has size and breed restrictions like most of the places where I live do, the restrictions are a 50 lb limit and no bully breeds or German shepherds... wondering about some breeds that fit those criteria that are also able to be well trained in general.
Are you looking for a male or a female companion? Knowing this helps because many dog breeds have size differences between the sexes.

If your in apartment, consider
1. Destructive
2. Barking
3. Shedding
4. Activity level

You won’t find one breed with all you’ll have to compromise on something.

Back