Fake User Awareness Thread

Oh, please don't be sorry. Your post gives me hope, actually :)
I am an older man looking for a younger male partner to add to our polycule. BC is as LGBT open as Canada can get, yet there is so much self-doubt here.... moreso than when I lived in conservative areas of the country.
I’m glad, because I’m hopeful too ☺️

I’m too young right now, but when I get older I definitely plan on “daddying” younger men looking for growth and help with life. I have friends my age who’ve been in such beneficial relationships and they’re far more mature and confident than they would be otherwise.

All of us will be picking up where the AIDS generation left off.

This is a horribly misguided statement. Anything that can be used as evidence will be helpful to their case and a picture could easily be the first thing that identifies you and provides them a path to investigate you, locate you or collect other evidence.

a blackmailer on this site is more likely to bring said evidence to the cops than the cops coming in here to ask for it.

This was my concern as a slightly introverted male finding myself curious (and turned on) after living 5 decades by the whole female/dog intimacy thing that: a) there must be plenty of catfish/trolls on this site (hell, look at the drama and cat-fishing that happens in a typical online game like Second Life); and b) how do I even approach someone as a newbie to let them know of my interest, let alone connecting to watch (for example) without coming across like said trolls or eager and life-inexperienced newbies?

Definitely thanks to the OP and Kimberley and others ... it's great to know you're real, but do really watch yourself here. I may be a newbie on these forums, but have more than enough laps around life's track to be very wary, especially as I get into my private desires and kinks.

Just to blow the dust from April away :) ... you know whats funny?

I searched for a specific name on this thread because I have a suspicion. The funny thing is ... she was immediately involved in the thread, but not as a fake, rather as a blue-eyed victim of a catfish. Which is pretty smart if you think about it. Who would suspect her as a fake, if "she" is the complainer/ a yes-man. I know how it looks like "You are overthinking" (I actually tend to do that).
That supicion corresponds purely from the conversation as we chat (me and "her") + she does not care about her public identity, which is also a sign to be a fake (or maybe a sign of 🥴 - sorry).

I could do screenshots, mark the suspicious answers with a yellow marker, explaining why it seems to be a ... ... but that's not worth it. It's a waste of time and effort.
For me the conversations ends here with her.

In the other hand I can't prove it. What if I'm wrong?

So here is my advice: (even to myself)
If you have the feeling, he/she is not who he/she claims to be - regardless of how much you whish it wouldn't be the case - just stop the conversation there.

Attachments

• costume-kim-possible-image-8987113472~2.jpg
    costume-kim-possible-image-8987113472~2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 24
The fear sadly keeps me from seeking out others even for friends. I had met a couple girls who were into it but sadly lost contact. One I saw watching videos on a computer at college (hidden enough except by me sitting next to her) and I started a conversation with her. Sadly, I lost her contact info but she had other issues. Unless I come across someone in the act or enjoying watching it in person, I will always have a fear of ever meeting anyone from online.

And the World goes round and round just the same. Theres an old saying...." Nothing ventured, nothing gained". No one is going to bring it to you on a platter. If you arent willing to take a chance, it isnt going to happen....EVER.

It is so sad to find posts on the forums with hundend of posts that talking about fake people and who to avoid and stuff . Before you crucify me please listen my opinion and my point of view.
First of all it's good to find posts like this on the forums and keep it updated so you can protect your members from people that they are nkt who they are and try go lure people or blackmail them for their sexual preferences and other stuff .....so from that point of you I found this kinda of post to be necessary in every forum that care about their community .
Secondly it make me sad to find this kinda of forum because you understnad that you may enter a community that will look at you with a mean eye ( I hope you 8ndertand what I mean ) when you enter among them because they dont know you and they dotn trust you. It is logical but it gives kinda hard time for us the new people that we only seeking to communicate and make our friendship circle with people with the same sexual interests.
I wish everyone to have great time and enjoy their life at fullest :)

Simple solution, as tough as it is, is to think with your head, not your dick. Well, ok, genitals...since scammers don't care who they fuck.....

Thinking with the top head works wonders. You also should remember, you are almost certainly not the only mark........so pay attention to details. It's almost impossible to keep track when so many lies are told, they'll trip up. When they do, shut them off immediately. And never look back, because even the 1 possibility in 10,000 that they were legit isn't worth the price if they are not. The learning curve in this is fucking BRUTAL. Don't learn the hard way.

Has anyone on this site fallen victim to blackmail or law enforcement? I'm new and nervous to trust anyone lol. Though it's probably for the best, at what point can I let my guard down and enjoy chatting with other people? It's frustrating. Is all the paranoia justified?

Never, ever let your guard down. Relax it a bit, maybe, but never let it down entirely.

You should doubt everything, all the time, until it is irrefutably demonstrated to you otherwise. Blackmail and Law Enforcement are not even the worst case scenario really. Getting doxxed and outed publicly could potentially be life threatening, and even if not that severe, you might find yourself a leper or worse.

And, if you decide to meet someone, you make DAMN sure you have some sort of exit plan that's workable. In case things go south. ALWAYS have an exit plan. ALWAYS. I can't speak to specific paranoia so much as general, and that IS justified, you only get one roll of the dice at living.

Chatting is just so much bs really anyway, none of that matters, talk is cheap. Relax, while being smart, and chatting isn't much of an issue. It's the personal meet where things get seriously wracked. To enjoy chatting, simply take the basic safety steps you should. No face pics, no personal information beyond what you share with 10,000 other people in any given population area and so on. And, if the chat goes south, bail and go on with life. Nothing there is worth yours.

Well. Catfish got me, won't ever let my guard down again lol. Definitely red flags all over the place and I didn't want to believe the person was lying to me because of that "what if they're real and I'm passing this up." Yeah it really is discouraging and makes me not wanna even try again. So much wasted time. 😪

Honestly, it gets old sometimes. Every serious person here feels the same way. I won't say it's worse being an owner, it's just a different set of worries and problems, but trust when I say it's WORTH missing if in the process, you avoided much more serious issues.

And, as a bonus, next time, you'll spot stuff faster, and have past experience to base the continue or not decision on. Eventually, you'll delete the FIRST message you get sometimes.

I've never been here to meet up, but it must be very hard with the precautions which must be taken with potential fake users. My stalker (fake user) has created, and has been banned under, 300 screen names in a row, and he's not just MY stalker. He has done even worse things to some other members, including doxing. I can tell you to never completely let your guard down until you have a real tight circle of well-proven friends.

A few other notes:
- I've told two people their little verification signs they were holding up in their images were Photoshopped. They admitted it. Don't trust those things. That's why I never ask for that; I either trust someone, or I don't.
- If someone wants to move your conversation off-site to a chat app, etc, run the other way.
That's often a bad sign. Not always, but often.
- Those members who say they're a couple? Yeah, they're not always a couple.

I've never been here to meet up, but it must be very hard with the precautions which must be taken with potential fake users. My stalker (fake user) has created, and has been banned under, 300 screen names in a row, and he's not just MY stalker. He has done even worse things to some other members, including doxing. I can tell you to never completely let your guard down until you have a real tight circle of well-proven friends.

A few other notes:
- I've told two people their little verification signs they were holding up in their images were Photoshopped. They admitted it. Don't trust those things. That's why I never ask for that; I either trust someone, or I don't.
- If someone wants to move your conversation off-site to a chat app, etc, run the other way.
That's often a bad sign. Not always, but often.
- Those members who say they're a couple? Yeah, they're not always a couple.
300 screen names? Holy shit! How does someone have so much free time (and such a sad life) that they would put so much effort into being an asshole?

300 screen names? Holy shit! How does someone have so much free time (and such a sad life) that they would put so much effort into being an asshole?
Anyone who is that messed up, has no problem finding the time for it.
I don't want to drag this thread off topic. This was only my way of saying I sympathize with anyone having a hard time with fakes.
Thanks for listening.

Well. Catfish got me, won't ever let my guard down again lol. Definitely red flags all over the place and I didn't want to believe the person was lying to me because of that "what if they're real and I'm passing this up." Yeah it really is discouraging and makes me not wanna even try again. So much wasted time. 😪
:(

I've been on these forums since BeastForum around 2009, you will often be confronted with, malicious trolls and possibly white knights. Also a lot of new people who get really excited to experience but get cold feet when it comes to any legitimate meetings.

Ive actually met a guy here that tricked me into thinking he had a dog. We met, had lunch, and all I got was excuses. He said his dog was sick, I gave him money for it, and after that each time we should chant he would ask for money. When i exposed him on here he must have known a moderator and got me banned for no reason. Like, literally, No reason. So now Im a lot more careful and less inclined to meet without a vetting process.

Hey guys,

So I've had a couple responses to my ads in the meet up section now, that have been fakes looking to speak to me, get to know me / meet me for whatever reason, but it is not because they are genuine owners. They are blatantly fake. I've just had another contact me today who conveniently owns one of each animal that I've been specifically requesting in the meet up section (I'm a girl), and who is also conveniently the same heritage me, which I've posted in a couple discussions on this forum where it comes up in topic, they're also a Lurker... go figure. So I think starting a thread where we can all post the usernames of fake or very suspicious accounts on here would be a good safety measure, if anyone has been contacted by someone & they're unsure of them, they can check this thread to see if anyone has any trouble with them or not. Two accounts I can confidently say are fake are K9Taboo and esmee
Hey guys,

So I've had a couple responses to my ads in the meet up section now, that have been fakes looking to speak to me, get to know me / meet me for whatever reason, but it is not because they are genuine owners. They are blatantly fake. I've just had another contact me today who conveniently owns one of each animal that I've been specifically requesting in the meet up section (I'm a girl), and who is also conveniently the same heritage me, which I've posted in a couple discussions on this forum where it comes up in topic, they're also a Lurker... go figure. So I think starting a thread where we can all post the usernames of fake or very suspicious accounts on here would be a good safety measure, if anyone has been contacted by someone & they're unsure of them, they can check this thread to see if anyone has any trouble with them or not. Two accounts I can confidently say are fake are K9Taboo and esmee._x
i would be very careful as the verification and the vpn required to make accounts doesnt make it likely these are bots, but anti zoos/trolls looking to harass and dox us. If any account seems sketchy then block and report. There also needs to be a masterpost for what to do in terms of safety with the trolls in my opinion

Ive actually met a guy here that tricked me into thinking he had a dog. We met, had lunch, and all I got was excuses. He said his dog was sick, I gave him money for it, and after that each time we should chant he would ask for money. When i exposed him on here he must have known a moderator and got me banned for no reason. Like, literally, No reason. So now Im a lot more careful and less inclined to meet without a vetting process.
There is no such thing as banning for no reason. NO moderator will ban for no reason no katter who he knows. Btw, dodging a ban will earn you another ban. Goodby.

Back