Do you like sleeping with your dog in your own bed?

Usually, my woofer lays flops down next to me when I first lay down and he likes to get butt scratches until I fall asleep then I think he gets too hot and goes to his couch. But yeah, puppy cuddles are the best. Anyone who doesn't want their dog on the bed with them is a weirdo.

Initially I let me dog sleep on the sofa in my room (she was a pet/family, nothing sexual), she was very needy and had anxiety without someone around but in her last two years she had degenerative myelopathy and lost the usage of her rear legs but still loved life on her wheels, as soon as it got serious I always put her on the bed at night so she could cuddle and feel less distressed when she was awake and I wasn't.

She got so used to the routine after I started putting kids nappies on her with a hole cut for the tail (because of mobility, not incontinence) that she stopped waking me during the night to carry her into the garden; she was 17 when I had to put her to sleep and to be honest she was still excited about life and active but the degenerative myelopathy was affecting her respiration and I didn't want to die painfully from suffocation.

I think she had a great life and I still miss her every single day five years later.

Love your pets while you can, they just want to be with you, don't put silly rules in place because you don't want to deal with dog hair or some other trivial nonsense, your time together is precious.

Our dogs & cats (family pets only) have their own beds at the end of our bed but the cheeky buggers (dogs) sneak under the covers and make us too hot but is nice in winter

Don’t have a doggo of my own yet but she’ll most certainly sleep next to me, I mean I wouldn’t ask a human gf to sleep on a different bed so what’s the difference :3

Leaving aside the sex side, it is our responsibility to fill them with love, it is not necessary that they sleep with us but it is an act of love to include them in our activities even while we sleep🫂🐾

Back