About female dog/canine

I have some questions about females.

Pyometra is fatal and it can be treatable with OSS and spaying, but I heard that it's not good to operate an OSS because with missing womb the vulva/pussy will maybe shrink and a male dog or a human could break the operation seal at end of the vulva/pussy and cum into the belly which leads to a huge infection, even if operation is years away, healed operation scar is not as durable like healthy tissue, so beside this the spaying remains, but that makes sex impossible!
So, my question is, should I be worried about this? Is this a thing? Every happend to someone?
I fear if I don't recognize any symptoms of Pyometra its over. What do you think, what's the best option to have a sexually good life with a bitch but this Pyometra is moderated?

P.S: 1, Does brucellosis has symptoms what is see able, like something changes or something? Is there any way to prevent it?

2, is there any sign of change in/on the pussy/vulva if it gets any disease? Like any sign that i need to spay and stop sex or just take care of it?

I hope someone can answer or forward any thread about this topic

I have not heard of a risk of the vaginal tract shrinking in OSS. In that surgery the ovaries which produce the female hormones are left inside and functioning, and the hormones control the size of reproductive parts. A human should never be thrusting so mindlessly to risk tearing through their dog, scar tissue or not, and would feel that there is not enough room. A spay would cause anything that an OSS would because everything done in an OSS is also done in a spay.

Pyometra risk is mostly unrelated to sex and can happen at any time. The dog's uterus will become more and more favorable to bacterial growth over time due to how dogs age. There is two types of pyometra. In open pyometra you can tell because of vaginal discharge that is white / yellowish or otherwise unusual. In closed pyometra you can tell because of general symptoms of discomfort or sickness (lethargy, fever, restlessness, not eating) and also drinking excessively and in some cases extended belly. There are no changes in the vulva for closed pyometra.

I imagine some dogs hide medical problems better than others and closed pyometra can grow to be severe and life threatening before someone notices. An OSS is a good idea.

To decrease risk of infection wash your dick with soap and water before sex and wipe her vulva with a wet paper towel. Also don't touch anything else without washing again. For example, don't let your dick brush against her thighs and then go back inside her. Also don't pet her then stroke your dick then thrust into her again. I like to keep one hand not touching anything but my dick and the other hand for petting. Don't have sex with a female for 3 weeks after she is done with estrus (the part of her heat where she is flagging and receptive to sex) because that is a higher risk time for infection.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate you answer, thank you❤

Back