Winning the lottery. What would you do?

I would immediately quit working, buy a huge property with a nice house an get some dogs as companions. GSDs, Labradors, Retrievers and an American Akita. :gsd_love: 💞

I would upgrade my house, larger yard, fenced with palisades, beautiful garden with Roman and Egyptian statues and features, trimmed hedges, driveway made of stone, indoor spit braai, larger paddocks, indoor lungeing circle, indoor dressage arena and make it more horsey friendly for my stallion, buy a SUV, and save the rest of it.

A private island resort that caters to the full on sexual enjoyment of animal and human sex. Singles, couples and film makers could come year round. I'd have 20 mares and 30 studs and 50 well trained dogs at the ready. No expense spared for our 4 legged friends for they are the star of the show.

first buy enough heavily forested land that I can set a cannon off in the front yard and not wake the neighbors, Place on that land a modest home and luxury kennel full of dogs to love and play with (with windowless rooms!). Invest a fair amount in stocks to live off the money that5 earns. That is what I( would do with a small win!

Large win (in the billions) maybe buy enough land to establish a closed, clothing optional, complex (Waco style sovereign complex) - open zoo activity allowed and hand pick a SMALL number of ZV folks to join me

first buy enough heavily forested land that I can set a cannon off in the front yard and not wake the neighbors, Place on that land a modest home and luxury kennel full of dogs to love and play with (with windowless rooms!). Invest a fair amount in stocks to live off the money that5 earns. That is what I( would do with a small win!

Large win (in the billions) maybe buy enough land to establish a closed, clothing optional, complex (Waco style sovereign complex) - open zoo activity allowed and hand pick a SMALL number of ZV folks to join me
I like the way you think.

I know nothing about investing, so I'd talk to my dad about investing 2/3rds of it cause I think he'd probably know what to do, or knows someone that knows what to do. Then I'd buy gold with the last 1/3rd of it, hide it under a false floorboard in my parents house, pretend that I didn't even have it, and carry on with life.

My parents don't have any false floorboards... but you can make things happen when you win the lottery right? ;)

I know nothing about investing, so I'd talk to my dad about investing 2/3rds of it cause I think he'd probably know what to do, or knows someone that knows what to do. Then I'd buy gold with the last 1/3rd of it, hide it under a false floorboard in my parents house, pretend that I didn't even have it, and carry on with life.

My parents don't have any false floorboards... but you can make things happen when you win the lottery right? ;)
putting false floorboards in my house id going to be tricky as I live in a slab on grade condo!

Depends how much I actually won I guess. But would probably invest 50% immediately, use 25% to buy some land and assets, and use the other 25% to do business

I feel like if I won the jackpot and had a couple hundred million. I would definitely get a few things out of the way first, then make sure I invested enough to return a decent monthly income then ideally open a rescue for all animals. One thing I wouldn't do is work.

If I won, the first thing I'd do is hire a lawyer to help me protect my assets and divide stuff up as I saw fit to start with, there's a guide I saw on Reddit that spelled out the best steps to take after you win to minimize the chances of you getting f---ed over.

First thing would definitely be to buy more property, and then get some sort of fund going to where I can live off the interest for the remainder of my life with my dogs.
If I won >30 mil, I'd strongly consider donating a mil to the forum, although such a large transaction might make it traceable to me.

I'd be the most boring person ever and just focus on getting bills paid. Not much fun or exciting about that but would be nice to have every single bill paid and done with from having no mortgage to no car payments, etc. Then being able to hopefully just be able to afford to buy eggs at the grocery store without going broke? :ROFLMAO:

For me, rip out my landline, smash all cells (get a prepaid beforehand). Go to a lawyer, go collect and have papers drawn up to whom I want to recieve some of my winnings. Move to hotel for a month - tell no one. Set up personal accounts to stocks/shares/animal rescue/charities/daily foodbank. Disappear from everyone I know. Get a legal to carry permit. Small house well away from the past and enjoy life. Start a business and a mom & pop diner. When I die, leave it to animal care/people in need and have an established animal rescue foundation. Amen.

Sounds like you've been through a lot. 😶

If I won the lotto I’d pay off everything I owe on then buy a nice acreage far away from everyone and set up a small zoo community with a few close zoo friends.

A small, pretty house with a small garden and green grass in front, that would be enough for me.
Glory to Ukraine :cool:

Myself as well, the simple life would continue but have the freedom to do them things you wanted.

Very first , I'd buy a nice vehicle go for a drive , destination unknown , do some touring, along the way hopefully find someone who could use the wheels , leave it as a tip, grab the next plane to wherever , oh AND enjoy good food!! Maybe tour the southern U.S. for BBQ joints!! (Franklins for sure)

Imagine winning the lottery, what would you do. I have a very simple choice for you, see below.

How creative are we in Zooville?

View attachment 286493
Okay so, if we are talking like, small amount, I'd simply save for rent and shit lmao

But if we are talking like, mega millions or some shit, I'd buy a large yacht/small cruise vessel, one robust enough to make it out to international waters. Then, anything is legal. I'd find a place to lay anchor and begin offering room to my fellow zoos. Cheap-ish, of course the lottery money is going to run out after a little bit so I will need a source of income, but I'll do my best to make it cheap as possible. It'd be a retreat out at sea, untouchable by the authorities, untouchable by anyone on land really. From there? Continue maintaining the vessel, only returning to shore once in a while for important repairs and whatnot.

Tl;Dr, turn a yacht into a zoo paradise.

Do exactly what im doing now, just in a nicer house
Not much family, not much in terms of friends either, just a solitary life.
Never been one to have a need to have money or let its power control me, just a necessity for survival

Depends on the amount. Anything less than $10M (before taxes) and I would still be working….but more comfortably and less stressed. To do more, I would need what the kids call “fuck you money.”

If I won I would buy a small farm off the grid away from everyone. I would have horses dogs donkeys goats alpacas sheep and maybe a couple of deer. Also a helicopter. Have to have a helicopter

Back