Winning the lottery. What would you do?

Honestly if I won the lottery I’d pay off all my debts, buy a house in a secluded location but not too far from anything and happily live with my partners and our dogs. Sounds like a good life to me
Hey, that's our plan as well. Shout if there's a empty piece of land next to you. 👍😉

Off grid house far inside the woods with solar panels and running water. A fenced off big areas for my future animals to roam freely around inside the fenced off forest
You will make sure the freedom of both humans and animals are secured. I hope you will get as many animals as you want. Any preferences?

Buy some land in the middle of nowhere, build a nice house for my wife and I, get her a nice new car, finish modifying my car, pay everything off, buy pigs, sheep, and horses and start a ranch that helps people have experiences with animals they wouldn’t have been able to in normal life.

Winning the lottery would not be enough to buy a mansion somewhere secluded; it would barely be enough to buy a regular house in this kind of market, but that's about it.

If I was awarded 2 billion dollars, then maybe I would have enough to buy property way the eff out in the middle of nowhere, and put an ad out for a woman that has a dog but would like to share with a guy, or a woman with horses and has a mare to let me use, or buy my own pony mare and have a house built for the mare's access.

Hell, we wouldn't even have to be zoos; I'd be fine with a live-in girlfriend that wants daily doses of creampies (after I get my vasectomy).

No amount of money could buy what's really important to me, so not a lot would change. I'm not rich but I've got enough to get by. What I wouldn't do is publicise my win to all and sundry like some narcissistic dickheads do. Who wants to be buried under an avalanche of fake begging letters?

I'd purchase land out of the city and build myself a beautiful house, and do up the back yard for my animals to have somewhere awesome to play. I haven't really thought of that, but this is the first thing that came to mind.

The average lottery jackpot here is $10,000,000. This is a lot of money, much more than a person living in Western Europe, Northern Europe or the USA/Canada, Australia would think at first.

I don't like the ostentatious, snobbish, pompous lifestyle.
Fortunately, I have no debt. I wouldn't move because my previous dogs were buried here and all memories are connected here. I would renovate the house, renovate the yard, fence, etc. I might also buy the neighbors' houses and yards if they sold them. I would buy a better car, but not a new one. I would buy the larger meadows and forests around the settlement, where I usually walk with my dogs. That way it would only be mine and also a good investment of money.
I wouldn't give my family money because they would spend it on stupid things. I would ask them what they need and buy them, but only the most important things. Not too much, because they would start living on me.
I would buy more dogs. Also, I would start the permit to keep wolves.
I would help the shelters in the area, but not with money. Feed, kennel, expansion of territory, etc. I would build a dog park and a dog toilet in the area.
I would solve the town's problems, old firetruck, gravel road sections, insufficient street lighting, few parking lots, few sidewalks.
I would start smaller companies so that some of the money would come back, e.g. dog products.

And the biggest problem that no amount of money can solve: bringing my dead dogs back to life... :gsd_nervous::husky_sad:

Before even claiming the prize (say it was 20mill) I would get a lawyer and a financial advisor 5 million would goto family I would keep out 5 the rest would be invested.

Myself I would get a plot of land 50+ acres decent house 4-5 bedroom have a select few friends I would let live with me for cheap. Last thing I would want would be a shop for working on cars. As for animals few dogs and maybe some horses.

The average lottery jackpot here is $10,000,000. This is a lot of money, much more than a person living in Western Europe, Northern Europe or the USA/Canada, Australia would think at first.

I don't like the ostentatious, snobbish, pompous lifestyle.
Fortunately, I have no debt. I wouldn't move because my previous dogs were buried here and all memories are connected here. I would renovate the house, renovate the yard, fence, etc. I might also buy the neighbors' houses and yards if they sold them. I would buy a better car, but not a new one. I would buy the larger meadows and forests around the settlement, where I usually walk with my dogs. That way it would only be mine and also a good investment of money.
I wouldn't give my family money because they would spend it on stupid things. I would ask them what they need and buy them, but only the most important things. Not too much, because they would start living on me.
I would buy more dogs. Also, I would start the permit to keep wolves.
I would help the shelters in the area, but not with money. Feed, kennel, expansion of territory, etc. I would build a dog park and a dog toilet in the area.
I would solve the town's problems, old firetruck, gravel road sections, insufficient street lighting, few parking lots, few sidewalks.
I would start smaller companies so that some of the money would come back, e.g. dog products.

And the biggest problem that no amount of money can solve: bringing my dead dogs back to life... :gsd_nervous::husky_sad:
Hi Twelvepaws, you have really thought it through what you would do with, let's say 10mln. It is not only yourself you are thinking about, but also helping out the community, a lot of animals and (some) family members for some basic needs. I especially like this statement: "I wouldn't give my family money because they would spend it on stupid things". That (sadly) is so true.

And, you try to make money out of money, good investment for the future!

Thanks a lot for your reaction!

If i won the lottery I would let my most known people some assistance. Donate a bit here for the continuation of zoo/zeta the site tries to promote hopefully it causes change for the better. Beyond that... Well I'll just get all the preparation work as well as live life instead of being tethered to a spot.

Back