What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

What is your religious/irreligious affiliation?

• Judaism

Votes: 13 0.7%
  • Christianity

Votes: 446 22.7%
  • Islamic

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Hindu

Votes: 14 0.7%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 32 1.6%
  • Pagan/wiccian/ancient religion

Votes: 183 9.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 355 18.0%
  • Atheist

Votes: 706 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 187 9.5%

• Total voters
"christian orthodox" but i dont see religion as something i do something with in my life. that doesnt pay the bills

Grew up as a Jehovah's Witness; tried all sorts of religions in my late teens, early 20s. Still believe that their is some higher plane of existence but I can't believe that a God or gods would condone much of anything going on in the world today. It seems like humanity would have been wiped out long ago as "Whoops, hairless apes? What was I thinking?"

in between agnostic and atheist. I was raised Christian so it hard to separate entirely from the idea of a creator. I just don’t believe in religion.

I'm not anything. I know some people say that I'm atheist for having such beliefs, but I wouldn't say so. It's not that I don't, or do, believe in god, I just don't care about religion and try to keep it out of my life.

I practice Buddhism & Jainism! For anyone who might be interested in knowing, bestiality is not defined as a type of sexual misconduct in either religion. There is express mention of monks or nuns not having sex with gods, beasts or men which proves that bestiality was known of in ancient India, but they cannot have any type of sex at all. As for the common lay follower such as myself most types of sex are defined as permissible, it's more that there is an emphasis of not being excessive about it.

There is one later scripture belonging to the later Sanskrit Buddhist tradition which points out bestiality as well as an insanely long list of other things like pedophilia and even non-vaginal sex as leading to hell, but I don't pay much mind to it or give it much credibility since it's overly conservative and I've never heard any teachers referencing it or taking it seriously.

Praise science...no I don't know AND I don't care. Super important distinction between us and atheist.

Fun fact out of the 4 atheists I've known well, two of them are now super religious and it's hilarious. You'd have to know thier personality. Imagine in a few more years they will surely claim something else entirely.

And I love how sure everyone is. that seems to be the commonality between every organized religion on the face of the planet in history. is that they are just sure that they know how everything works. We can't even see outside of our own solar system with any certainty but you're going to tell me beyond the shadow of a doubt that you know exactly where you came from and exactly where you're going.

Priceless

Back