What dog should I get (but I have insane demands.)

What a person needs to do is get a dog that fits their lifestyle, budget, and housing arrangement. You also need to get one that his the right tempermnt for your personality. Find a dog that chooses you not the other way round what you want may not be what will work best. If the dogs going to be spending most of its time inside the house steer clear of the larger breeds. Think of how you would feel trapped in a setting where your ability to move around was restricted by your surroundings.

Trying to help? Try to help the thousands of dogs in shelters because someone just like you wanted a puppy, and their friends supported it because nobody has the balls to say anything anymore in fear of being shunned.
My friends had a bunch of puppies that they sold to good homes. 3 out of 8 dogs came back before a year because they couldn’t be controlled. Biggest problem was, the new owners were all lazy. Plain and simple. Nobody wants to put in effort nowadays.
Do you know how much vet bills can be? Don’t be surprised if it reaches 50k over their lifetime (I noticed Someone mentioned Great Danes) and that’s not including food. And a bag of good dry food, is running a little under $100 Canadian, and any medium sized breed will need at least that in a month.
Try to use your head for once. You want to help and learn? Go foster some dogs for a couple years first. Warning, this actually will take effort on your part.
You could really phrase this a lot better. Your coming off really all high and mighty and entitled like your better then this person. They asked a simple question on what types of breeds would be good for their situation. And they also mentioned that they literally have physical disabilities, your attacking for absolutely no reason at all

Trying to help? Try to help the thousands of dogs in shelters because someone just like you wanted a puppy, and their friends supported it because nobody has the balls to say anything anymore in fear of being shunned.
My friends had a bunch of puppies that they sold to good homes. 3 out of 8 dogs came back before a year because they couldn’t be controlled. Biggest problem was, the new owners were all lazy. Plain and simple. Nobody wants to put in effort nowadays.
Do you know how much vet bills can be? Don’t be surprised if it reaches 50k over their lifetime (I noticed Someone mentioned Great Danes) and that’s not including food. And a bag of good dry food, is running a little under $100 Canadian, and any medium sized breed will need at least that in a month.
Try to use your head for once. You want to help and learn? Go foster some dogs for a couple years first. Warning, this actually will take effort on your part.
Did I ever say “I want a puppy.” Did I ever say I “will get a purebred.” Don’t put words in my mouth 🤦‍♀️

All of my cats are rescued and the family dog is rescued. Not once have I bought an animal, because I believe that’s kinda screwed up. I don’t care about having sex with the animal that much so a shelter animal would be great, even if spayed. I don’t know why you assumed I wanted a purebred puppy?

Did I ever say “I want a puppy.” Did I ever say I “will get a purebred.” Don’t put words in my mouth 🤦‍♀️

All of my cats are rescued and the family dog is rescued. Not once have I bought an animal, because I believe that’s kinda screwed up. I don’t care about having sex with the animal that much so a shelter animal would be great, even if spayed. I don’t know why you assumed I wanted a purebred puppy?
And apparently you also have reading issues. Grow the fuck up. You are the #1 worst candidate to own a dog. I would feel bad for whatever animal lives under the same roof as you.

You could really phrase this a lot better. Your coming off really all high and mighty and entitled like your better then this person. They asked a simple question on what types of breeds would be good for their situation. And they also mentioned that they literally have physical disabilities, your attacking for absolutely no reason at all
No, I think I said it quite well actually, and I stand by that. People need a reality check. So many of you are living in your own fantasy world, while the rest of us bust ass to make up for the lot of you.
If your disabled or whatever, maybe be a little more thankful for the people who can work and pay taxes, as we’re the ones supporting you.
Watched a clip of some homeless woman, complaining about a free hot meal, while recording it on her smartphone. People are fucking pathetic. The homeless literally eat better than I do, and there’s something horribly wrong about that, especially when their phone is better than mine too.

And apparently you also have reading issues. Grow the fuck up. You are the #1 worst candidate to own a dog. I would feel bad for whatever animal lives under the same roof as you.
Have you considered keeping your dumpster fire personality in the dumpster fire.

My animals are well taken care of, just because you find me obnoxious doesn’t mean I’m the equivalent of satan lmfao.

Have you considered keeping your dumpster fire personality in the dumpster fire.

My animals are well taken care of, just because you find me obnoxious doesn’t mean I’m the equivalent of satan lmfao.
You are a dumpster fire, and I’m sure if your animals could speak, there would be some horrors to tell.
I’ve read many of your posts, and most are not well though of at all. You just shoot blindly from the hip. If your way of caring for animals is anything like your comments, I feel your pets suffer greatly. You need to shut up and listen a bit more. Learn a bit. You sound like a 20 year old that knows everything already, and has nothing more to learn, cause ya learnt it all in school.

You are a dumpster fire, and I’m sure if your animals could speak, there would be some horrors to tell.
I’ve read many of your posts, and most are not well though of at all. You just shoot blindly from the hip. If your way of caring for animals is anything like your comments, I feel your pets suffer greatly. You need to shut up and listen a bit more. Learn a bit. You sound like a 20 year old that knows everything already, and has nothing more to learn, cause ya learnt it all in school.
You can’t just accuse me of abusing my animals. Hate me all you want but I don’t abuse my animals.

You can’t just accuse me of abusing my animals. Hate me all you want but I don’t abuse my animals.
And this is just it. You can’t even read. You just assume, or reconstruct people words into something completely different. I never said abuse, but that’s what you see. But don’t get me wrong, just because you don’t see it as abuse, doesn’t mean it isn’t. Or maybe you do think your abusing your pets, but because of something you read or some other idiot said, you’ve convinced yourself your not.
As we’ve all read and seen in this thread, you have “days” where you won’t be able to walk a dog. That could be considered abuse, especially if it carries on for days. Maybe you get the same thoughts with feeding them, as I’ve seen before too, because for some stupid reasoning of your own, you’ve convinced yourself your dog isn’t hungry.
Don’t go telling me this doesn’t or won’t happen, cause people do it to their fucking children. Grow up, and maybe try to think before you speak.

And this is just it. You can’t even read. You just assume, or reconstruct people words into something completely different. I never said abuse, but that’s what you see. But don’t get me wrong, just because you don’t see it as abuse, doesn’t mean it isn’t. Or maybe you do think your abusing your pets, but because of something you read or some other idiot said, you’ve convinced yourself your not.
As we’ve all read and seen in this thread, you have “days” where you won’t be able to walk a dog. That could be considered abuse, especially if it carries on for days. Maybe you get the same thoughts with feeding them, as I’ve seen before too, because for some stupid reasoning of your own, you’ve convinced yourself your dog isn’t hungry.
Don’t go telling me this doesn’t or won’t happen, cause people do it to their fucking children. Grow up, and maybe try to think before you speak.
You act like I won’t make an effort to get someone else to walk the dogs on days where I’m physically weak? And you think I’m to weak to feed a dog? They make multiple adaptions for people with physical disabilities and pets, There are automatic feeders, do I need to link an Amazon post for you? Also even if I didn’t know if my pet was hungry I could just give it breakfast lunch and dinner, I feel like that’s a good schedule other than just free feeding and watching it get so fat it can’t move. Not feeding your pet is abusive, over feeding it is abusive. Not getting it exercise is abusive. I know that. I’m not that stupid. But You act like there aren’t solutions for disabled people, or you’re just being purposefully ignorant cuz you’re a dick.

Do you really think I’m this helpless?

You act like I won’t make an effort to get someone else to walk the dogs on days where I’m physically weak? And you think I’m to weak to feed a dog? They make multiple adaptions for people with physical disabilities and pets, There are automatic feeders, do I need to link an Amazon post for you? Also even if I didn’t know if my pet was hungry I could just give it breakfast lunch and dinner, I feel like that’s a good schedule other than just free feeding and watching it get so fat it can’t move. Not feeding your pet is abusive, over feeding it is abusive. Not getting it exercise is abusive. I know that. I’m not that stupid. But You act like there aren’t solutions for disabled people, or you’re just being purposefully ignorant cuz you’re a dick.

Do you really think I’m this helpless?
And you just don’t get it, and probably never will. Another reason you shouldn’t own anything more than a goldfish. I’m being “serious” I’m sorry you can’t handle the reality of it. What would you call all of the people that realize they don’t actually want a dog, or can’t care for one? The ones that just leave their dogs chained up in the backyard, that know nothing more than that, because that’s their life.
I have many, many reasons to be stern with this subject, and stupid people like you just won’t understand. I bet you felt like a hero when you got your covid pokes too?

What a person needs to do is get a dog that fits their lifestyle, budget, and housing arrangement. You also need to get one that his the right tempermnt for your personality. Find a dog that chooses you not the other way round what you want may not be what will work best. If the dogs going to be spending most of its time inside the house steer clear of the larger breeds. Think of how you would feel trapped in a setting where your ability to move around was restricted by your surroundings.

My only comment is in regard to budget. People should choose carefully and closely examine the lineage for health problems; price should never be the deciding factor. A dog that's cheap today may well cost significantly more in vet bills over time than one that costs several times as much at first.

IMO, it really all depends on your goals and expectations. A lot of times people act as though a purebred is a health disaster and a mutt is a beacon of health, but that's just not factual; one can find great examples and poor examples of either. I think most would assume you'd not want a rescue dog due to the neutering, but anyone who's read many of your posts should know that's not a major criteria for you.

I think if you lay out your reasons for wanting a dog and goals you hope to acheive you should be able to find some that are compatible with you, just make sure you can provide all of the care required. A dog can't be put on hold because you're not feeling well or the weather is poor, that care needs to be placed on at least equal footing as our own, sometimes the need to force yourself to do it will be an advantage for you both, but it isn't optional.

Of primary focus to me is the dedication to care for a canine throughout the dog's life, that's #1 and if there's any chance a person might lose interest or be unable to provide care, they should seriously reconsider. Sometimes life changes happen that are out of our control and the best interests of the canine companion need to be kept in mind. It takes more effort for some, but determination can overcome a great many obstacles; I've known people who had major mobility limitations requiring a wheelchair to get around who manage to care for a dog who helps them gain a greater level of autonomy than they would have otherwise, but that comes at the cost of dedication and focused effort.

Did anyone notice the fact that’s she’s lazy as fuck!?! I’m pretty sure those were her exact words. How would you expect to look after a dog? They take insane amounts of effort. Do you even work?
Why would anyone even support her getting a dog? WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE!?! Unfuckingreal. You all discust me.
Sometimes what a person lacks is motivation and a goal. I know caring for my dogs has been one of my primary motivations and caring for them has been a guiding principle in all of my decisions; it's a double-edged sword. A person absolutely needs to understand and accept that a dog has needs and no matter how shitty you feel, how depressed, how much pain, or other reason that the dog needs care, today, tomorrow, every day and if that care can't be reliable, they shouldn't get one or should find alternate care for one they might have because anything less is unacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only comment is in regard to budget. People should choose carefully and closely examine the lineage for health problems; price should never be the deciding factor. A dog that's cheap today may well cost significantly more in vet bills over time than one that costs several times as much at first.

IMO, it really all depends on your goals and expectations. A lot of times people act as though a purebred is a health disaster and a mutt is a beacon of health, but that's just not factual; one can find great examples and poor examples of either. I think most would assume you'd not want a rescue dog due to the neutering, but anyone who's read many of your posts should know that's not a major criteria for you.

I think if you lay out your reasons for wanting a dog and goals you hope to acheive you should be able to find some that are compatible with you, just make sure you can provide all of the care required. A dog can't be put on hold because you're not feeling well or the weather is poor, that care needs to be placed on at least equal footing as our own, sometimes the need to force yourself to do it will be an advantage for you both, but it isn't optional.

Of primary focus to me is the dedication to care for a canine throughout the dog's life, that's #1 and if there's any chance a person might lose interest or be unable to provide care, they should seriously reconsider. Sometimes life changes happen that are out of our control and the best interests of the canine companion need to be kept in mind. It takes more effort for some, but determination can overcome a great many obstacles; I've known people who had major mobility limitations requiring a wheelchair to get around who manage to care for a dog who helps them gain a greater level of autonomy than they would have otherwise, but that comes at the cost of dedication and focused effort.

Sometimes what a person lacks is motivation and a goal. I know caring for my dogs has been one of my primary motivations and caring for them has been a guiding principle in all of my decisions; it's a double-edged sword. A person absolutely needs to understand and accept that a dog has needs and no matter how shitty you feel, how depressed, how much pain, or other reason that the dog needs care, today, tomorrow, every day and if that care can't be reliable, they shouldn't get one or should find alternate care for one they might have because anything less is unacceptable.
I hear ya. With all of it. Well said. Some may be motivated by an animal to do better, but it doesn’t always work like that, and I’ve seen it many times. People saying, oh he doesn’t need to go out for exercise cause they’re happy and so forth. Dogs are so loyal that you can abuse them so badly, and they will still love and remain loyal to a person.

What are they called so I can see pics
They are called Pulis
Puli, Komondor and Bergamasco.
The Puli is a herding dog with a small to medium body (therefore not suitable for sexual intercourse), a playful breed with a great need for exercise. The Komondor is a large-bodied LGD breed (good size for sexual intercourse), with an average exercise requirement, but requires a determined and strong owner, a dog with a true alpha.

It takes 2-3 years to develop the typical coat, but many cut it every year as the warm weather approaches, so they only grow an average curly coat, so the appearance of the breed varies.

Bergamasco a rare italian breed, a medium-sized, universally used dog that could both herd and protect. The hungarians solved this problem with two dogs, using large dogs to defend against predators and small dogs for herding.

Back