What do you know/think about Australia??

AngryGoose

Citizen of Zooville
BANNED USER
What do you know about this place?? Any questions about anything or rumours you need cleared up??

Dunno....the frozen iguana thing is actually real....when the temp drops low enough they go into a sort of shock....and fall out of the trees....given that they can weigh ten pounds or so, its an issue...
Sounds like your drop bear's early ancestor was a Camel spider.

Giant spiders, poisonous animals, crocs, sharks, dinosaurs, aliens and people who constantly look around for danger.
Good thing it's on the other side of the world.
You forgot about poisonous plants.... ALOT of tourists come here and no one warns them about the sheer amount of deadly plants here.... There's the gympie-gympie which has a sting so bad it will send you insane, people who get stung by it have to be sedated because they actually kill themselves to escape the pain and the sting lasts for up to a year

Last edited:
Why is it that those fuckers stick around yet the panthers in the blue mountains disappear after a couple bad fires!?
It takes all the fun out of bush walking if you arent on the constant lookout for a yowling cat 🐾
Someone was telling me the Panthers aren't actually Panthers, when feral cats breed in the wild they apparently get bigger until they're the size of a small panther... I think that's bullshit, there's no way 4 generations of being feral will increase your offsprings size by tenfold but how the fuck else would you explain it??

Someone was telling me the Panthers aren't actually Panthers, when feral cats breed in the wild they apparently get bigger until they're the size of a small panther... I think that's bullshit, there's no way 4 generations of being feral will increase your offsprings size by tenfold but how the fuck else would you explain it??
There used to be a number of private zoos around sydney. There was a fairly large one who had been known for having melanistic (black) leopards amoungst standard coloured leopards.
I cant recall whether he was forced fo shut down because of a changd in regulations or if he was going broke. However, rather then rehoming them he decided to set the animals free.
They thrived in the Blue Mountains and their population grew with numberous sitings of mothers & cubs and sightings out as far as Mudgee.
Thats the story ive been told as to how they got into the blue mountains. I cant recall the mans name who they suspected released them.

There used to be a number of private zoos around sydney. There was a fairly large one who had been known for having melanistic (black) leopards amoungst standard coloured leopards.
I cant recall whether he was forced fo shut down because of a changd in regulations or if he was going broke. However, rather then rehoming them he decided to set the animals free.
They thrived in the Blue Mountains and their population grew with numberous sitings of mothers & cubs and sightings out as far as Mudgee.
Well shit.... How do you explain the ones in VIC and WA though??

Well shit.... How do you explain the ones in VIC and WA though??
Id heard of the Vic ones and maybe a similar thing occured or the bushfires pushed them further south.
WA id never heard off.
I recall the haunting screaming calls of the animals warning others that the panther was in the area growing up. It was so quiet & blissful whenever it was elsewhere.

Id heard of the Vic ones and maybe a similar thing occured or the bushfires pushed them further south.
WA id never heard off.
I recall the haunting screaming calls of the animals warning others that the panther was in the area growing up. It was so quiet & blissful whenever it was elsewhere.
The WA sighting was awhile ago... Early 2000s

Australia< on my to do list of places to go and New Zealand

This ones better.... I just love the way it goes "superb... Superb.... Awesome"... The best part is you can tell it's not a human voice and it freaks you the fuck out when you're just walking through the bush! I remember walking around and hearing a woman going "what's that?? OMG LOOK AT THAT!" over and over and it freaked us the fuck out until a lurebird walked out of the bushes and walked up to us going "OMG! LOOK AT THAT!"... I didn't know they could mimic humans before that day and it's honestly a little creepy..

Why is it that those fuckers stick around yet the panthers in the blue mountains disappear after a couple bad fires!?
It takes all the fun out of bush walking if you arent on the constant lookout for a yowling cat 🐾
I am always on the look out for a prowling pussy-cat, @nia_5712 nia

Back