What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Well...exc

ept that Umarex makes hell of a collection of replica Bb and pellet guns these days....The peacemaker is a six shooter, loads six thru a gate via a shell with a liner that seals the chamber under the hammer but which look like .38 size. The things are a blast to shoot. Theres a broomhandle mauser, a couple of versions of 1911 s Smith number three frontier...all the eay up to a schmeisser mp40 . Some incredible items. Accurate enough for the rodents.

I understand (from a video I saw somewhere - probably on youtube) that there's something similar (maybe even the same thing) over in Britain - Short form, you "reload" the ammo for the beasties with a handpump, and add a pellet. Mechanism wasn't clear, but apparently, you're putting a nasty-ass charge of compressed air into the "shell", which then gets loaded just like any cartridge-based firearm, and behaves in a similar way. Difference being no gunpowder/fire involved. And you DON'T want to "let the brass fly wherever" - Pick up the spent rounds, assuming you're not shooting a revolver or similar "doesn't spit out the brass" design, take 'em home, recharge 'em, repeat until the seals go, then rebuild 'em with off-the-shelf O-rings, and keep on keepin' on. Supposed to be VERY close to an actual firearm, just without the noise or burnt powder.

I know your old school. But god damn do they make killer PCP pellet guns now. Run a bull pup version with a bike pump or get a big CO2 tank and could get around 200 shots out of it. Full barrel suppresser as well. Can’t hear a thing. I used to really put a hurtful beating on starlings at my uncles place. 200 yards is no longer a dream for old air guns.
But Why?....All that just complicates life. and at 20 bucks for six replacement Shells, I dont want brass flying.

Last edited:
I understand (from a video I saw somewhere - probably on youtube) that there's something similar (maybe even the same thing) over in Britain - Short form, you "reload" the ammo for the beasties with a handpump, and add a pellet. Mechanism wasn't clear, but apparently, you're putting a nasty-ass charge of compressed air into the "shell", which then gets loaded just like any cartridge-based firearm, and behaves in a similar way. Difference being no gunpowder/fire involved. And you DON'T want to "let the brass fly wherever" - Pick up the spent rounds, assuming you're not shooting a revolver or similar "doesn't spit out the brass" design, take 'em home, recharge 'em, repeat until the seals go, then rebuild 'em with off-the-shelf O-rings, and keep on keepin' on. Supposed to be VERY close to an actual firearm, just without the noise or burnt powder.
Thats a different item. Sounds like a patent workaround

It's Just the Way It Was: Inside the War on the New England Mob and other stories
images.jpg Not very good to be honest! Next up:

The Controlled Demolition of the American Empire
41LJaQD5CUL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg Should be an interesting read.

Replacement shells for what? There air guns. They come with little 10 round mags. .177 or .22 pellets.
Look up Umarex ....pyramid airguns has most of them....The Colt Peacemaker uses a shell with a plastic liner that holds the pellet or bb. You can load six in the cylinder thru the loading gate. The ejector rod works as well, though with no explosion shells just drop out of the gate. The point of these is an accurate representation of a sixgun or whatever else.Theyre close enough that they are Colt marked, rampant pony and all.

It's Just the Way It Was: Inside the War on the New England Mob and other stories
View attachment 163888 Not very good to be honest! Next up:

The Controlled Demolition of the American Empire
View attachment 163889 Should be an interesting read.

Build a tower and take the bricks out on one side, it will fall over on that week point, so falling inwards means it must have been a controlled demolition.
You also need flight codes to fly over Washington.

I am not the biggest reader.....I'm a huge movie fan/collector and I can't even invest time at catching up with those.

However if I do pick up a book it's either something from Stephen king or game of thrones

I am not the biggest reader.....I'm a huge movie fan/collector and I can't even invest time at catching up with those.

However if I do pick up a book it's either something from Stephen king or game of thrones
E books are your best friend. They are definitely mine

Funny you say that at one point n time I was thinking about getting audible that way I can just play it like a podcast would definitely make things a hell of a lot easier for me.

I'll agree with that, so long as you include audiobooks. Nothing like loading up a favorite old series on the phone, punching play, and wandering off into whatever world it is while you go about dealing with otherwise mindless tasks...

I'll agree with that, so long as you include audiobooks. Nothing like loading up a favorite old series on the phone, punching play, and wandering off into whatever world it is while you go about dealing with otherwise mindless tasks...
Thats what i really meant. Should have said so that way.

The Sea Wolf- Jack London. I liked Call of the Wild, so I figured, “Why not?”.

I'm currently reading a book called 'Gardens of the Moon' which is book one in a series called 'Malazan Book of the Fallen' by Steven Erikson. If you enjoy adult fantasy (not sexual fantasy, get your head out of the gutter ;) ) then I can't recommend it enough. I'd say its writing is on par with Game of Thrones

Back