What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Working on an audiobook binge, of sorts - EVERY Stephen King novel (skipping the collections and shorts, and the "writing as Richard Bachman" books for the moment - Gawd, but that Bachman dude is one SEVERELY GRIM muthafucka...) in publication order. Currently I'm about 3/4 through The Tommyknockers.

I started "Mein Kampf" but it's just bad. Won't read it further. I am surprised that so many people said that it's a great book. It's not. Just a lot of nonsense and German pride.

I've never been tempted with that I've gotta say, a) it's not really my kind of reading, I read for pleasure mainly and b) I wouldn't shell out for a copy, nor would I have the balls to ask for it from my local library.😆
I started "Mein Kampf" but it's just bad. Won't read it further. I am surprised that so many people said that it's a great book. It's not. Just a lot of nonsense and

I am finally getting around to reading some Samuel Beckett! He's influenced and cited by so many artists that I admire yet I've been slow to pick him up. Currently working my way through his novel Molloy (1951). Quite engaging thus far

American Marxism
Why you need to read about it when Joe has us doing a pretty damned good impression of LIVING it??? Or perhaps you're treating it as an instruction manual so you know how to survive it if/when Joe and Nancy and the rest of the imbeciles in DC manage to make it full-blown reality?

"Heisszeit" - Mojib Latif. An excellent read. "Noise: A Flaw in Human Judgment" Also an excellent read. And "The Black Swan." Another excellent read.... Edit: Excellent reads so far.

Last edited:
I started "Mein Kampf" but it's just bad. Won't read it further. I am surprised that so many people said that it's a great book. It's not. Just a lot of nonsense and German pride.
I have a 2 volume edition in German. An interesting read. Especially for those who want to understand the minds of such people...

Haven't read The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland. Good read?
It's a really good read - combines the time travel and magic plot with a good look at how bureaucracy develops and spreads.

I've picked up Gardens of the Moon again, I have the second Malazan book now and wanted a refresher.

It's a really good read - combines the time travel and magic plot with a good look at how bureaucracy develops and spreads.

I've picked up Gardens of the Moon again, I have the second Malazan book now and wanted a refreshe
The Malazan books were excellent. I might even have the ebooks. Will check... I'll order the book I think. I rarely read anything for pleasure anymore. 😏

The Malazan books were excellent. I might even have the ebooks. Will check... I'll order the book I think. I rarely read anything for pleasure anymore. 😏
I read for pleasure to keep me sane in graduate school haha. Finished 3 books in the last 5 weeks or so :)

I read for pleasure to keep me sane in graduate school haha. Finished 3 books in the last 5 weeks or so :)
My book should be delivered tomorrow before arriving home... I used to read a couple of books a day. Most of what read is in German. It'll be nice to read something in English for pleasure.

Just moved onto the fourth and final part of "The Once & Future King" T.H. White's Arthurian tales.
This final part is called 'Candle in the wind' which makes me think of Marilyn Monroe.

Just moved onto the fourth and final part of "The Once & Future King" T.H. White's Arthurian tales.
This final part is called 'Candle in the wind' which makes me think of Marilyn Monroe.
Aren't there five parts to that? Or does 'The Book of Merlyn' not count for some reason?

I'm actually part way through reading it, but being quite long I'm taking breaks between each part.

Favourite author.
I love listening to Lovecraft audiobooks as I go to sleep, something weirdly relaxing about the cosmic horror. I really prefer the Dreamlands stuff from Lovecraft, it's cool and there's a lot less weird racial baggage (Looking at you, Horror at Red Hook and Call of Cthulu)

this-is-the-voice-9781982128746_lg.jpg

Non-fiction book all about the human voice.

I've been reading some of the classics that I never read when I was younger. Just finished "The Catcher in the Rye" now reading "The Old man and the Sea" before that it was "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky. Went on a Steinbeck kick a few months back and read a bunch of stuff by him. "The Grapes of Wrath" is a good but long book. "East of Eden" by him was really good. I bought a collection of the entire works of Hemingway so after the book I'm reading now, I'll probably move onto more stuff of his.

Back