What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Really? Not even Into the Wild?
Nope..Read about that kid in the original article( Outside Magazine, I think ), then couldn't avoid the damn movie. Unquestionably, you can't easily tell Hemlock from Wild Carrot or Queen Anne's Lace, but that kiddy was WAY over his job description. They just relocated the Bus to a place idiots won't strand themselves in, in their pilgrimages to what has become a Shrine. If you go into the woods in Alaska, or any other true Wilderness, you should not go alone. If you're new to such trips, you're especially vulnerable to fits of ego....seems to me there was a mom and a newborn homesteaded in roughly the same area that got taken by a bear a couple of years back. Dad NEVER heard a thing, though he wasn't a long distance off.

Last edited:
Just finished The Last Town On Earth by Thomas Mullen, a fictional story wrapped around WWII and the Spanish Flu outbreak (timely). Before that I had read The Demon In The Freezer by Richard Preston, a nonfiction book that scared the crap out of me since it’s about viruses and other diseases used for biological warfare.

“The Body Double” by Emily Breda. I’m a sucker for psychological stories.

the Valley of Horses Jean M. Auel
Hope you enjoy it, I'm waiting for book 4 now, from the library, I'm going to try to make it all the way through the series but I have to say she's a precocious brat who I'd happily strangle (once I've bonked her) in real life. Have you read em before?

A series of books by Juliet McKenna based around the Green Man. The Green Man's Heir, The Green Man's Foe and The Green Man's Silence. All very good reads.

Hope you enjoy it, I'm waiting for book 4 now, from the library, I'm going to try to make it all the way through the series but I have to say she's a precocious brat who I'd happily strangle (once I've bonked her) in real life. Have you read em before?
Too bad Auel died before finishing the series isn’t it?

Back