What about your animal sustains your soul

For me, there is absolutely nothing better than coming home to a creature who I knows loves me as much as I love her. She sits right on the other side of that door waiting patiently for me, knowing that any moment I will come through it, and make her the happiest dog in the world, and she does the same for me. I guess people who have dogs like her get it, and I suspect most people on here who don’t have that, pine for it deeply. I try not to take her for granted, and to remember just how lucky we are to have each other.

And man, when she lays down over top of me to nap, feeling the heat of her, and her steady breathing is so relaxing. Right about that time she will also let out this long, life affirming sigh that lets me know how comfortable she is, and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Dogs are excellent creatures.

For me it is sleeping next to my dog.
Feeling his weight against me, feeling the body heat, listening to his breath and heartbeat. It is ultimate pleasure and bliss.
His unconditional love.
For me it is sleeping next to my dog.
Feeling his weight against me, feeling the body heat, listening to his breath and heartbeat. It is ultimate pleasure and bliss.

Reactions: pes
Back