What about your animal sustains your soul

Simply the knowledge that my dog loves and trusts me unconditionally and looks to me as a source of comfort when he's anxious or afraid makes me feel more joy and peace than anything else in the world. It's a kind of bond you just can't get from other people.

Seeing her differences in personality from my first pup. Watching her play in the leaves, or sprinting around excited to be exploring the forest. Her being unsure of new things, like birds, butterflies, flowers, stairs, water. Her cuddling up by almost laying on me, or resting her head on my chest or leg, or feeling her breath on me as she is sleeping.

When I first got my dog, she had come from a very bad situation. She was terrified of people and would flinch away when you reach out to pet her. Since then I have made sure she gets nothing but good experiences with people. She is still shy today, but the fact that she goes up and sniffs new people with a tentative little tail wag is music to my soul.

There are many little things about my girl that recharge apathetic soul, some of its normal like her wagging her tail when we make eye contact or her getting my attention by tapping at me with her paw or howling in her sleep. Normal dog stuff that is pure cuteness.

Slightly less normal things she does like sleep well past midday even if im walking around vaccuming or cooking meat (sleep is important to akitas you see), or when i tell her to get off the road and she does but only to walk on the curb as close to the road as she can (she pushes boundaries intentionally i swear) and how she only likes family members even if she hasn't met them before (she knows, don't know how but she knows).

Lastly the strangest and most annoying thing she does that i for some retarded reason enjoy and find cute as fuck is trying to get her to eat food... she's just so fucking slow its insane, if you give her biscuits and ONL IF she deems them a worthy meal she will eat them one biscuit at a time taking them from the bowl, to the carpet INDIVIDUALLY, followed by a long drink of watter that she will lay down for.

Feed her meat like ham from your hand is just as painful because she'll lick at it then, ever so gently open her mouth, put her mouth around it, then wait for you to let go, only for it to fall to the floor anyway.
Sometimes i get frustrated waiting for her to eat it so ill just plop the slice on her head and let her figure it out, dogs are never mad about ham after all.

Cook her a steak but if it ain't salted she will just fucking leave it there even if she hasn't eaten yet, she will sit by me licking her chops and just expect me to fix it, look at it, sniff it, leave it then wait for me to correct my incompetence.

I am autistic enough to enjoy these annoying interactions.

The way that she is unconditionally excited to see me whenever I enter the house. Eager to give kisses and nestle into my arms. Sometimes it's as if it's the only thing she wants to do at all. The love she gives is what gets me up in the morning.

Could you tell that she was a bird? Love can come cloaked in feathers as well, haha. My relationship with her is not sexual nor is it romantic. But still, no other living thing can put a smile on my face like she can.

For me it is sleeping next to my dog.
Feeling his weight against me, feeling the body heat, listening to his breath and heartbeat. It is ultimate pleasure and bliss.
I call him my husky because I adopted him hears ago with my family! While the other animals here are family, he is my best friend!

When I was almost dying, he stayed at my side until I healed, never left except to use the bathroom and eat.

He basically just laid and watched movies with me until passed out.

He was there for me when I could do nothing and was almost close to being nothing.

My buddy isn't in this world anymore, but when he was alive, his presence was enough to give me strength and fill me with optimism.
I was so happy to see his little head peeking from the balcony when I was returning home, and when he started his crazy and joyous bark when he realized it was me the one who was returning.
He showed me his love in many different ways but he was not a lap dog, there was dignity in his behavior and he was not seeking attention every minute. On the opposite, my presence at home was enough to keep him quiet, and when he seeked for cuddles, they were always very special moments...
I still miss him, I'll always miss him... 😢

Just being with him and having him live with me. I'm pretty comfortable being alone, but having him with me made me realize how starved I actually was for love and companionship. I love sleeping next to him too :)
the same here, i couldn't say it any other way

The time I bonded with the Friesian stallion weekend nights , it was really peaceful when it was raining, that sounds made it so romantic when we made love and connected deeply with each other, exhausted I would, if he lay down in the stable, then just lie against his chest on the soft bedding between his legs, I would fall asleep. Timing was always close to accurate, he would wake me up by nudging my face gently, I would wake up and check my wrist watch. One hour and few minutes before the grooms come feeding the horses, I would get up, hug him goodbye and with a kiss on the forehead tell him I see him tonight, he would give a feint neigh and I would head back to my room to finish up as the daily routine starts . Now, at home, I am still preparing my grass lawn in front to keep the dust, sand and mud out of the house, the rain can be annoying but one day my male German Shepherd could sleep with me in the large bed.

For me it is sleeping next to my dog.
Feeling his weight against me, feeling the body heat, listening to his breath and heartbeat. It is ultimate pleasure and bliss.
That really sums up most of it and really it's just hard to summarize most of it more they just simply melt into your daily routine and become part of who you are and how you do your day to day tasks

Her excited zoomies whenever I get home from work, when we’re going on a walk and she looks behind her and makes eye contact with me and smiles, holding her as she sleeps on my chest and waking up next to her. I don’t know what I did to deserve the love of such a beautiful and perfect lady, but I do know it makes me the luckiest man alive.

A calm steady sense of mutual trust. How we just get each other; when he locks eyes with me to wordlessly communicate. Every huff of breath and way he leans against me. When I really need it, or when he does, we just kind of mutually go in for a "hug" where I kneel and he presses his head and long snout against my chest while I hug and pet him. Bury my face in his fur and breathe deep. His smell is different when he's just woken up from a long nap weirdly, and that's such a deeply comforting peaceful scent for me.

We seem to get excited about the same things. We are both in love with our owner. We aren't so much sexual partners as we are pack mates. He's got a beautiful personally and extremely loyal.

I'm his second favorite human

Her love for me. God forbid she isn't within 3 feet of me. She does stuff all the time that will almost make me cry because I know she loves me.
Had a nasty storm the other night so naturally I went out in the garage to watch and this dog gets the door open, bolts across the yard out in the wind, thunder, lightening, rain and freakin hail just to get to the fence so she could see me. I was upset she would do such a thing but it almost brought me to tears to know she could give a fuck less about a storm as crazy as that one was just to be in eye sight of me.

When they help me, it reminds me just how deep our bond runs.

I have trouble getting up? He stiffens up beside me to give me a brace, and she starts scooping me upward with her head, and holding herself against me so I don't fall.

"What sustains me with my girl is the fact that her love is unconditional. I know that I have a reason to be happy and alive. When I'm down or just not feeling life, I go outdoors and wrestle with her on the deck, look into her eyes, and just instantly feel like I have the whole world by the paws!"

"What sustains me with my girl is the fact that her love is unconditional. I know that I have a reason to be happy and alive. When I'm down or just not feeling life, I go outdoors and wrestle with her on the deck, look into her eyes, and just instantly feel like I have the whole world by the paws!"
I would say simple. You treat them right, they treat you right.

My is there characters every one is different. And knowing I love them and thay love me. it's warm's my " heart " and "sole" to see them so content in there lives.

The smell of my horses is the sweetest smell I love coming home with the sent of them all over me , makes my soul happy

Unconditional love. That they appreciate everything we do for them. Seeing them bounding through the countryside and turning round telling us to catch up! Licks and kisses! Being greeted when I get home. Having our pony nuzzle me when he says hello.

So many things!

Unconditional love. That they appreciate everything we do for them. Seeing them bounding through the countryside and turning round telling us to catch up! Licks and kisses! Being greeted when I get home. Having our pony nuzzle me when he says hello.

So many things!
An animal's love is not unconditional, as if you beat and abuse them they will hate and fear you. I would say it is simple love. You treat them right, they treat you right.

Well when I had my boy, simply going for a long ride would be good enough to sustain me, or whatever it could be that we were doing together, he trusted me and I trusted him and I could do anything off of his back even shooting a gun off his back he took like a champ and just waited for me to tell him what to do. Then just hanging out with him and brushing and hugging him did alot for me too. I didn't really care what we were doing as long as we were together I was pretty much happy, he was my best friend and my partner, we lived and learned alot together in the time we were together. I sure do miss him and hope that the rainbow bridge exists cause I'm hoping and praying I could see him again when I die

The best end to any day ever is falling asleep with my cat purring on my chest. Truthfully though, any time spent with meow meow ( yes, really), is time worth spending.

Seeing her dance with excitement when I get home from work, and when she digs under my blanket to cuddle up against me at night, and every little thing in between. She fills the emptiness in my heart full to bursting.

One of the most fulfilling feelings for me is my cat Chickpea always rushes down to my room as soon as she hears me get up. She will scream and cry if she can't find me. The most gentle cat I've ever met.

Every subtle movement she makes in appreciation or love of me makes my heart warm.

When he naps, he makes sure he knows where I am in the house first and then positions himself such that I can’t move to a different room or leave the house without stepping over him and waking him up.

Like a key to your soul dogs just open you up and fill that spot you didn't know was there. I've felt so empty since the dogs I was close to have passed all those years ago. It's been nearly 20 years since I last saw my grand parents dog that I was so very fond of, I really wanted to be there when he was put down, but I was too young according to my parents. It hurt, it hurt a lot that I wasn't allowed to hold him in his last moments. I know he would have passed more peacefully if he was allowed that comfort. However I was never given a reason why I wasn't allowed to be there. I assumed they didn't want to deal with me while going through that tough time despite me telling them I wanted to be there when I saw his health really start to decline. As a kid death didn't destroy my innocence like it did to other kids I had heard about. To me death is a natural part of life and should not be shunned, it should be embraced head on when the time is right. When the first family dog had to be put down, I was very calm at first. It didn't hit me until that night and I cried myself to sleep. It was very natural and good for me to cry that out rather then leave it unresolved and bottled up for the rest of my life like my grand parents dogs death was to me. When the second family dog had to be put down I demanded my mom wait until tomorrow so I could make the long drive home, my mother agreed. I told my manager at work I didn't care if I had a job when I came back or not, I'm not letting one of my best friends die without me there. We drove to the vet the next day and I was there with my mom and dog to see them through that very tough time. When that dog passes away they take that key with them and you have to wait for a new dog friend to bring their own key and unlock another cozy spot in the pit of your soul.

Back