Tips for 4th of July

having bone

Tourist
We want to make sure our partners are safe During what can be a scary time for them.

1. Take them for a adventure which could be a hike, bike ride, a long walk

2. Play everyday sounds for them that could could be music, having a fan on, running the dryer, or putting doggie tv on

3. Try having them go bathroom before the fireworks start but if the have to go during make sure they have their tags and that their collars are on good (while still being able to put a few fingers in) and use a leash

4. Try to not leave them alone but if you have to try leaving them with friends or family and if you absolutely have to leave them alone have them in a calming room preferably without windows

5. Give them something that’s mentally Tiring and distracting

6. Go on a murderous rampage killing all the fucking retard humans who think it's acceptable to set off random explosions.

I definitely like to look of fireworks, they're pretty, and before I had dogs I liked the ones that went "boom." But now that I live with canines they've became a bit of a sore spot for obvious reason. I have two doggies, my big 'ol newfie gal, and my smaller mutt mix. My newfie actually doesn't really care about them too much. The extra loud are merely enough for her to lift her head up, or look towards the general direction of the sound. My littler girl on the other hand is terrified of them.

Usually I try to walk them on leash at around 7:30 to 8, before it gets too dark, to use the bathroom. I don't let them back out until a little after midnight. But even then, people are normally shooting off fireworks starting at 3pm. It normally starts out as a few pops and bangs in the background but the few pop and bangs becomes more pops and more bang as the time on the clock advances. After 8:00pm is when it starts getting dark, and by 9 almost all the daylight outside is gone. after that, all I can do is keep them in the house and play the TV through my sound system fairly loudly. But even then my litter girl normally insists on crawling into my lap for comfort. Best I can do for her is pet her and cuddle her and let her know that things will be alright.

We ride out the worst of the man made storm until it's over. It's generally the same story twice a year, year after year. New years and the Fourth of July.

Back